Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post your final reveal threads here

Moderator: T3hGuppy

Post Reply
User avatar
papatika
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Hungary

Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by papatika »

4 month ago I opened a box, which I awaited sooo loooooooong. At that point I had no idea how challenging this build will be. Interior, exterior, loads of details and PE made it iteresting. Imperfections and researches made it sometimes a bit too challenging. But due to all the difficulties we've gone through together, this particular object on my desk will be one of my favorite builds for sure, with all of it's inaccuracies (hollowed guide horns, camo for example) and imperfectness (dirt on the tracks or on the lower hull, rust on the tracklinks on the front, flesh color, "quick and dirty" ground, etc). One day maybe I'll improve these weaknesses. What am I going to build next, I don't know. Probably not a tank... :P

So, ready? Then here you are a low angle 360:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Closer? Ok, why not? :th:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Still with me? Then let's switch to a higher angle: :dance:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Ok ok, here you have some close-ups: :crazy:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Oh, I almost forgot: it has an interior, too! :doh:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Some interesting views: :scratch::
Image
Image
Image

And finally all features, all pain and joy on one picture: :lol:
Image

You can find the build thread here, all 244 WIP pictures here, and all full resolution pictures here

Thank you for your kind attention, and Happy New Year!!! :dance:

Cheers,
Attila
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by Tomcat64 »

Absolutely superb result mate - this was a masterclass to follow from start to finish!

So pleased you got it done by the deadline :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by Stokesy44 »

Tomcat64 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am Absolutely superb result mate - this was a masterclass to follow from start to finish!

So pleased you got it done by the deadline :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
What he said :th:

Really great that you built it in such a way as to be able to show off the interior when finished too. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by TommyKillander »

It's fantastic!!! :banana: :jd:

The build and paintjob is second to none but what really catches my attention is all the small details like battledamage to the turret, the buildup of dirt and oil under the missing side-skirt, rust-streaks and chipping. All that stuff that takes a lot of time and planning to do :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and the interior that's an extra bonus :bow:: :dance:

Also; great photos :thumb2:

:cheers2:
Tommy
User avatar
papatika
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Hungary

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by papatika »

Tomcat64 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am Absolutely superb result mate - this was a masterclass to follow from start to finish!

So pleased you got it done by the deadline :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 am
Tomcat64 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am Absolutely superb result mate - this was a masterclass to follow from start to finish!

So pleased you got it done by the deadline :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
What he said :th:

Really great that you built it in such a way as to be able to show off the interior when finished too. :clap: :clap: :clap:
TommyKillander wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:44 am It's fantastic!!! :banana: :jd:

The build and paintjob is second to none but what really catches my attention is all the small details like battledamage to the turret, the buildup of dirt and oil under the missing side-skirt, rust-streaks and chipping. All that stuff that takes a lot of time and planning to do :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and the interior that's an extra bonus :bow:: :dance:

Also; great photos :thumb2:

:cheers2:
Tommy
Thank you, guys! 4 month... almost like a marriage... ;)
User avatar
DrSprue
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 am
United States of America

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by DrSprue »

Wow just fantastic! :clap:
-Doc
On the bench:
User avatar
papatika
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Hungary

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by papatika »

DrSprue wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:40 pm Wow just fantastic! :clap:
Thanks, Doc! Happy new year! :D
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Great build mate top draw :clap: :clap:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
ElCapitan
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Glasgow
Scotland

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by ElCapitan »

Great work, that interior looks amazing!
Rob
ElCapitan
User avatar
demarcation
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm
Location: Denmark
Denmark

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by demarcation »

Looks the part mate!! Top job!! :bow:: :clap: :dance:
:cheers2:

//Anders
User avatar
papatika
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Hungary

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by papatika »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 am Great build mate top draw :clap: :clap:
ElCapitan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:46 am Great work, that interior looks amazing!
demarcation wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:07 pm Looks the part mate!! Top job!! :bow:: :clap: :dance:
Thank you guys, really appreciate it!
:cheers2:
MWindir
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 am
Location: UK

Re: Attila's 1:35 Tiger I from Academy - final reveal

Post by MWindir »

Good stuff. Looks like a lot of work :). I really like it.
Post Reply

Return to “Final reveals”