Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

A more specific group build
Post Reply
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

We are organizing a bomber Build Sig on ISM.
Timeline: May1 start and running Until August 31st

If you are in for a bomber special interest group build, simply post your interest into this thread and you will get a number from me.
All bomber captains need a number so I can qualify you for the two random draws.

Rules are the typical ISM GB/sig rules
It must be an unstarted bomber kit, any scale, scratch build is ok
Basically, if it has bomb bay doors, it qualifies.
Post up a reply and join the FUN!!!

Prize Developments: Wing Nut Wings kit choice of either a 1/32 Sopwith Pup or Snipe, 1/32 Fly Hurricaine, 1/48 Eduard F109
Hmmm what else :think: how about two random draw prizes as well during the build time



Participants so far: 55 Brave Souls volunteering for bomber duty

Here is my pledge to you guys:
In all seriousness, I am committed to doing a really well run sig. It will be timely, efficient, organized and a heck of a lot of fun.
I have some great guys to help along the way
I will bust my butt to get prizes shipped out quickly and final results done and reveal video up ASAP.
All in all, it is something I want to give to the ISM Forum members as a personal thank you from me for getting me back into this hobby and the good times I have had here.
My hope is all participants should leave with a lasting memory of a heck of a lot of fun
:violin:
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Sun May 06, 2018 6:31 am, edited 48 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
chops1sc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 am
Location: South Carolina, USA
United States of America

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by chops1sc »

I'm down! #1

Image
Image
Last edited by chops1sc on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

chops1sc wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:40 pmI'm down!
Atta boy :clap: :clap: :clap:
Captain chops1sc @ #1
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Stokesy44 »

Have B17 - will travel :th: :th: :th: :th: :th:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 pm Have B17 - will travel :th: :th: :th: :th: :th:
Awesome :thumb2: Captain Stokesy44 @ #2
Hmm here is likely candidate for helping out...good health, smart mouth/memes and covers Facebook where I will never tread.
If you wouldn't mind, could you post a note on FB and refer to this thread to drum up some interest there
Thanks
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:21 pm
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 pm Have B17 - will travel :th: :th: :th: :th: :th:
Awesome :thumb2:
Hmm here is likely candidate for helping out...good health, smart mouth/memes and covers Facebook where I will never tread.
If you wouldn't mind, could you post a note on FB and refer to this thread to drum up some interest there
Thanks
It would be my pleasure Sir :bow::
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:36 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:21 pm
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 pm Have B17 - will travel :th: :th: :th: :th: :th:
Awesome :thumb2:
Hmm here is likely candidate for helping out...good health, smart mouth/memes and covers Facebook where I will never tread.
If you wouldn't mind, could you post a note on FB and refer to this thread to drum up some interest there
Thanks
It would be my pleasure Sir :bow::
Thank you master Yoda...you are wise beyond your ears, I mean years
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:48 pm Thank you master Yoda...you are wise beyond your ears, I mean years
Done, the Facebook post is.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by DBMiller »

I've already started my personal bomber build, but I could be persuaded to start another by then. I have so many to choose!
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

DBMiller wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:56 pm I've already started my personal bomber build, but I could be persuaded to start another by then. I have so many to choose!
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar
We are at #3 with Captain DBMiller
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
PrivatePublic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:45 pm
Location: Kiwiland
New Zealand

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by PrivatePublic »

Assuming I can find the time I have Zvezda's 1/48 Pe-2 waiting for me, taunting me from the stash on top of a set of shelves. so uhh, pencil me in as a yes?
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

PrivatePublic wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 am Assuming I can find the time I have Zvezda's 1/48 Pe-2 waiting for me, taunting me from the stash on top of a set of shelves. so uhh, pencil me in as a yes?
Interesting Bomber, had a little read up on her and she qualifies...a Russian Mosquito
Alright, a solid maybe is as good as a yes in my book.
We have #4 Captain PrivatePublic
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Tomcat64 »

I've got a Lancaster lurking in the stash that could be wheeled out for this depending on how the timings happen.
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
User avatar
demarcation
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm
Location: Denmark
Denmark

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by demarcation »

Could be interesting as I've got the Revell B17 and Lancaster in my stash. :banana:
:cheers2:

//Anders
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Tomcat64 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 am I've got a Lancaster lurking in the stash that could be wheeled out for this depending on how the timings happen.
Oh you are in, I will hound you until you submit

#5 is Captain Tomcat64
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

demarcation wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm Could be interesting as I've got the Revell B17 and Lancaster in my stash. :banana:
Both are awesome, was hoping to do a Lancaster but settled on a Sterling
You sir, are #6 Captain demarcation
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
DrSprue
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 am
United States of America

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by DrSprue »

Yes Scott, this topic is in fact eating me alive!! :lol: As I said on Neil's post with a 1/72nd build, I do have a German bomber in my stash, and I so do.. want to build it. Its an old kit loaded with flash, but it calls my name. :crazy: If this Sig goes in towards warmer weather for some quick garage painting, i'll give it a try! :eeek:
-Doc
On the bench:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

DrSprue wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:11 pm Yes Scott, this topic is in fact eating me alive!! :lol: As I said on Neil's post with a 1/72nd build, I do have a German bomber in my stash, and I so do.. want to build it. Its an old kit loaded with flash, but it calls my name. :crazy: If this Sig goes in towards warmer weather for some quick garage painting, i'll give it a try! :eeek:
Ha Ha, Lucky #7 is Captain DrSprue
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Stokesy44 »

Image

Woohoo, the first bomber SIG meme. Winner winner, chicken dinner!! :dance: :dance:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 pm Image

Woohoo, the first bomber SIG meme. Winner winner, chicken dinner!! :dance: :dance:
Image

You are the first, damn. I was trying to be professional
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 pm I was trying to be professional
The definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different outcomes :th:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:51 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 pm I was trying to be professional
The definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different outcomes :th:
:lol: :lol:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
DrSprue
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 am
United States of America

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by DrSprue »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:19 pm
Stokesy44 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:51 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 pm I was trying to be professional
The definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different outcomes :th:
:lol: :lol:
Image
-Doc
On the bench:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

I have pm’d everyone from the Lancaster failed sig build last year that we are trying to form a sig in 2018
Hopefully we can get more interest
I will sponsor the whole damn thing myself...perhaps a WNW WWI kit would be an appropriate prize :scratch:: :shhh:

Here is the pm:

Hello,

We are forming a bomber sig/ buddy build this year. It will be non ISM sponsored and will have prizes.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=24016

Likely start is after egg build for Easter so as to give people time to get kits and get organized

Love to have you join up

:cheers2: Scott
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
TheNordus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Finland
Finland

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by TheNordus »

I could try to build the Revell 1/72 scale Ju-88 I've had in my stash since I began modelling around 2014 for this one. Just thinking of painting that canopy gives me night terrors though.
-Tommi

There's always armour on my work bench.
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 pm I have pm’d everyone from the Lancaster failed sig build that we are trying to form a sig
Hopefully we can get more interest
I will sponsor the whole damn thing myself...perhaps a WNW WWI kit would be an appropriate prize :scratch:: :shhh:
I'll offer up a 1/32 FLY Hurricane for 2nd place and an Eduard 1/48 Fw190 for 3rd? I might as well - since I never win :lol: :lol:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

TheNordus wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm I could try to build the Revell 1/72 scale Ju-88 I've had in my stash since I began modelling around 2014 for this one. Just thinking of painting that canopy gives me night terrors though.
A splendid idea
I am gonna Post you up as Captain TheNordus @ #8

The opportunity to have a Wing Nut Wings kit for the WWI gb will hopefully motivate some participants :D
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Stokesy44 »

TheNordus wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm I could try to build the Revell 1/72 scale Ju-88 I've had in my stash since I began modelling around 2014 for this one. Just thinking of painting that canopy gives me night terrors though.
You know you want to! This is the place for all the cool kids to hang out. :th:

Send me the Ju88 canopy in the post and I'll mask it for you! Mind you, I'll bill you if I slice up my finger like I did the last time I masked a canopy. Damn near bled out - well it felt like it anyway :crazy:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:54 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 pm I have pm’d everyone from the Lancaster failed sig build that we are trying to form a sig
Hopefully we can get more interest
I will sponsor the whole damn thing myself...perhaps a WNW WWI kit would be an appropriate prize :scratch:: :shhh:
I'll offer up a 1/32 FLY Hurricane for 2nd place and an Eduard 1/48 Fw190 for 3rd? I might as well - since I never win :lol: :lol:
Wow, you are awesome Sir Stokesy :bow:: :thumb2:
I have an Eduard Spitfire or three, or four, that I could put in as well
How about a couple random draw prizes open to anyone who participates and makes an effort finish or not
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 pm I have an Eduard Spitfire or three, or four, that I could put.
How about a random draw prize open to anyone who participates and makes an effort finish or not
Nice, I do like those Eduard Spits - if we carry on like this we'll have more prizes than participants :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for the randon draw, I reckon its a great idea - although I bet I dont fekkin win that either :nena:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
DrSprue
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 am
United States of America

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by DrSprue »

Hurricanes, Fw190, Spitfires!!.... ooo this is going to be fun! :dance:
-Doc
On the bench:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:56 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 pm I have an Eduard Spitfire or three, or four, that I could put.
How about a random draw prize open to anyone who participates and makes an effort finish or not
Nice, I do like those Eduard Spits - if we carry on like this we'll have more prizes than participants :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for the randon draw, I reckon its a great idea - although I bet I dont fekkin win that either :nena:
I see that as a selling point for joining

MORE PRIZES THAN PARTICIPANTS

:lol: :lol:
You are always good for a laugh , mate :clap:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
JonMW
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:45 pm
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Sweden

Re: Heavy Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by JonMW »

Would a never build prototype plane qualify? Have been thinking of scratch building a SAAB A36 Vargen (the wolf) for some time. This was a proposed nuclear bomber for the Swedish air force, but when the nuclear program was canceled so was the plane. No real plane where build, only wind tunnel models.

Would this be OK? If so I'm in!

Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Heavy Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

JonMW wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm Would a never build prototype plane qualify? Have been thinking of scratch building a SAAB A36 Vargen (the wolf) for some time. This was a proposed nuclear bomber for the Swedish air force, but when the nuclear program was canceled so was the plane. No real plane where build, only wind tunnel models.

Would this be OK? If so I'm in!

Image
Holy shite, look at that thing!!!
Absolutely qualifies...bomb bay doors for the nukes, I am quite sure a nuke bomb wouldn’t be attached to the wings ;)
Sweet idea for a build :banana: :banana: :banana:
We have a winner and you sir are Captain JonMW @ #9
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Heavy Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 pm Holy shite, look at that thing!!!
Absolutely qualifies...bomb bay doors for the nukes, I am quite sure a nuke bomb wouldn’t be attached to the wings ;)
Sweet idea for a build :banana: :banana: :banana:
We have a winner and you sir are #9
Sh*t just got real! :clap: :clap:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Heavy Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:02 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 pm Holy shite, look at that thing!!!
Absolutely qualifies...bomb bay doors for the nukes, I am quite sure a nuke bomb wouldn’t be attached to the wings ;)
Sweet idea for a build :banana: :banana: :banana:
We have a winner and you sir are #9
Sh*t just got real! :clap: :clap:
Indeed :bow::
I am hoping someone will jump in with a B1 Bomber...those suckers are bad to the BOne
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Heavy Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by TommyKillander »

Got a B2 Spirit in the stash :think:

Can't promise that I will have time to join, but I sure hope I can :thumb1:

:cheers2:
Tommy
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Heavy Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

TommyKillander wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:44 pm Got a B2 Spirit in the stash :think:

Can't promise that I will have time to join, but I sure hope I can :thumb1:

:cheers2:
Tommy
I had to look that up, B2 yes the super cool high tech Stealth Bomber extremely COOL!!
I am reserving you a space Captain TommyKillander @ #10*..... with an asterix, just in case :D
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Have been chatting with a number of members and besides time, there is a money concern for kits
As an idea for lower cost kits, may I suggest the Meng Kids Bombers
Image

I am seeeing them for under $20CAD and likely can be had for less.
I built the B17 and it was a hoot, great fit and lots of potential for detail.
Image

The Lancaster and German Bombers look cool
Image

Image
Just a thought to get YOU into the sig and eligible for the prizes
:cheers2: All
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Stokesy44 »

I’ve just had a thought. Does the DH Mosquito count for the SIG? I have the Tamiya Fighter Bomber version.

It’s inclusion or otherwise will not affect my involvement as I have a B17 which I had planned to build. I just saw my Mossie and thought 🤔

‘Bomber’ Stokesy
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:14 pm I’ve just had a thought. Does the DH Mosquito count for the SIG? I have the Tamiya Fighter Bomber version.

It’s inclusion or otherwise will not affect my involvement as I have a B17 which I had planned to build. I just saw my Mossie and thought 🤔

‘Bomber’ Stokesy
As far as I am concerned, if it has bomb bay doors opening from her belly, it is a bomber.
The Mosquito qualifies for sure
I took out the word ‘heavy’ from the title just for that reason

:cheers2:
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:14 pm I’ve just had a thought. Does the DH Mosquito count for the SIG? I have the Tamiya Fighter Bomber version.

It’s inclusion or otherwise will not affect my involvement as I have a B17 which I had planned to build. I just saw my Mossie and thought 🤔

‘Bomber’ Stokesy
As far as I am concerned, if it has bomb bay doors opening from her belly, it is a bomber.
The Mosquito qualifies for sure
I took out the word ‘heavy’ from the title just for that reason
:cheers2:
Now it gets interesting!

I could build my B17 as practice and to get my aviation juices flowing. Then I could hit the SIG with Tamiya’s big Mossie!

Holy smokes Batman :o
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:39 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:14 pm I’ve just had a thought. Does the DH Mosquito count for the SIG? I have the Tamiya Fighter Bomber version.

It’s inclusion or otherwise will not affect my involvement as I have a B17 which I had planned to build. I just saw my Mossie and thought 🤔

‘Bomber’ Stokesy
As far as I am concerned, if it has bomb bay doors opening from her belly, it is a bomber.
The Mosquito qualifies for sure
I took out the word ‘heavy’ from the title just for that reason
:cheers2:
Now it gets interesting!

I could build my B17 as practice and to get my aviation juices flowing. Then I could hit the SIG with Tamiya’s big Mossie!

Holy smokes Batman :o
Whatever floats your...errr sails your.....no flies your skies???
Sounds good 👍 would love to see the big Tamiya Mosquito built
I have 13 pm’s out to active forum members that I know of, so hoping for a blast of more gents to join up
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Kingdan
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1407
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:42 pm
Location: Sutton in Ashfield nr Mansfield Nottinghamshire
Contact:
England

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Kingdan »

This ones not for me Scott but I'll keep my eye on it and throw peanuts down from the gallery from time to time :lol: :nena:
Just as a bit of a moral booster :twisted:
Last edited by Kingdan on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by chief5437 »

im deffo up for this, got a b-52 left over from the 'i heart tamiya' sig. ive been waiting for a chance to build it, and you have answered my prayers young man!
Chief
User avatar
Quax
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Greenland

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Quax »

Not sure what number this makes me but count me in too

Paul
Paul :hi: (not THE Paul a more inconsequential Paul)

On the bench:
A mess as usual...
now residing in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Penguinland - long live the Emperor!
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

chief5437 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:18 pm im deffo up for this, got a b-52 left over from the 'i heart tamiya' sig. ive been waiting for a chance to build it, and you have answered my prayers young man!
Ha ha, Glad to be of service
There was a lot of Bomber interest last year and I am surprised it didn’t get the GB voting...ah well
You, kind sir, are Captain chief5437 @#11
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Quax wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 pm Not sure what number this makes me but count me in too

Paul
You my friend are the very lucky, best in the bunch, would kill to have it myself......dirty dozen number 12



Glad to have you aboard, Capitan Quax @#12
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Well this is not with absolute certainty but i would be in if i can find the kit i want
After a bit of searching i found one online at a shop that is fairly close by but you can't order online over there so i need to pay them a visit
Wich will be tomorrow so then i know for sure
As a hint
It is only made by Revell in 1/48 and it has moving wings
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

MarkVerploeg wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm Well this is not with absolute certainty but i would be in if i can find the kit i want
After a bit of searching i found one online at a shop that is fairly close by but you can't order online over there so i need to pay them a visit
Wich will be tomorrow so then i know for sure
As a hint
It is only made by Revell in 1/48 and it has moving wings

You have just walked into the highly coveted

#13 spot for Captain MarkVerploeg
So many wish they could be that #, but it is all yours.

Ps if you are superstitious, I will change you out for another # :D
Awesome to have you aboard :bow::
We are getting some really high class top end modellers joining...I may have to up my sloppy work :shifty:
Last edited by Twokidsnosleep on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Post Reply

Return to “Special Interest Group Builds (SiGs)”