1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post Reply
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

I have have just finished this outstanding model from Industria Mechanika. The kit comprises resin and photo etch parts, all of which are top-quality making it a joy to build.

Build Thread HERE

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
bfrd
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am
Location: Carrollton, TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by bfrd »

I just LOVE this build. I just placed an order for one and can only hope mine comes out half as nice. This is just perfect.
Matthew (or Bifford if you prefer)
Stash
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by Stokesy44 »

Fantastic effort. I love the copper hull plates but the paintwork on the engine and shafts makes me drool...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

Stokesy44 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 pm Fantastic effort. I love the copper hull plates but the paintwork on the engine and shafts makes me drool...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you. The copper looks even better than shown in the pictures, I’m just not a very good photographer :lol:
bfrd wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm I just LOVE this build. I just placed an order for one and can only hope mine comes out half as nice. This is just perfect.
You won’t regret it, it’s superbly made and goes together beautiful, the only downside is you’ll probably get hooked and end up buying more kits from them (I have) :lol:
Also check out Micheal Rinaldi’s SM01 book. In it he builds this model and paints it as a de-commissioned military sub left at dockside. As you’d expect from him, outstanding painting and weathering and I nearly went that route instead of metal finish, but I wanted to try doing something I’ve never done before (metal finish).
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by schweinhund227 »

:cheers2: :eeek: :bow::
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Superb build of a weirdly cool kit :clap: :thumb2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

schweinhund227 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:32 pm :cheers2: :eeek: :bow::
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:02 pm Superb build of a weirdly cool kit :clap: :thumb2:
Thanks guys :cheers2:
User avatar
aur0ra145
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by aur0ra145 »

Superbly done!
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

aur0ra145 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:32 am Superbly done!
Thank you :cheers2:
Timmie
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 pm
Location: Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by Timmie »

Fantastic looking build. love the metalfinish.

Grtz Arjan
On my workbench: Dutch Grenadier, Phantom F4-d
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: 1/35 Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

Timmie wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:23 pm Fantastic looking build. love the metalfinish.

Grtz Arjan
Thank you :cheers2:
Post Reply

Return to “Sci-fi Gallery”