Big Bird SiG

A more specific group build
Post Reply
User avatar
bfrd
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am
Location: Carrollton, TX
Contact:
United States of America

Big Bird SiG

Post by bfrd »

I would like to host a Non-ISM SiG starting in Jan 2019. The theme would be 1:32 or 1:24 scale military planes. Hence the name Big Birds. Any real plane would be eligible. Before committing I would like to gauge interest. Please respond below if you think you would like to participate and what you think you might build.

I would be building my Zoukei-mura P-51D Mustang.
Matthew (or Bifford if you prefer)
Stash
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by alextheblue »

Definitely interested! :th: I don't have anything in this scale, but plenty of time to get something.
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Image
I am in, but someone has to make Snuffy

Tamiya 1/32 P51 or Revell P40 1/32 or Revell Spitfire 1/32 or Revell P47 1/32

:shifty:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Oh yer I'd be interested :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by digger303 »

I'll think on it maybe.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by DBMiller »

I have a few 1/32 scale planes. No Snuffy though.
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm I have a few 1/32 scale planes. No Snuffy though.
Darn
I miss Lysus, he would have made Snuffy
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by DBMiller »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm
DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm I have a few 1/32 scale planes. No Snuffy though.
Darn
I miss Lysus, he would have made Snuffy
Fine - make me feel inadequate. :(
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by digger303 »

DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:08 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm
DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm I have a few 1/32 scale planes. No Snuffy though.
Darn
I miss Lysus, he would have made Snuffy
Fine - make me feel inadequate. :(
:lol: :lol:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:08 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm
DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm I have a few 1/32 scale planes. No Snuffy though.
Darn
I miss Lysus, he would have made Snuffy
Fine - make me feel inadequate. :(
Oh dear, please don't take that personally
You were the honest one to comment on my Snuffy
We need the Lysus meme magic back here on ISM as it has been so slow...was all I meant, nothing directed at you
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by DBMiller »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 pm
DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:08 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Darn
I miss Lysus, he would have made Snuffy
Fine - make me feel inadequate. :(
Oh dear, please don't take that personally
You were the honest one to comment on my Snuffy
We need the Lysus meme magic back here on ISM as it has been so slow...was all I meant, nothing directed at you
Not personal. Really! Still - if I could make Snuffy I could change the world! :D
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 pm
DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Fine - make me feel inadequate. :(
Oh dear, please don't take that personally
You were the honest one to comment on my Snuffy
We need the Lysus meme magic back here on ISM as it has been so slow...was all I meant, nothing directed at you
Not personal. Really! Still - if I could make Snuffy I could change the world! :D
Indeed :lol:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by chief5437 »

I’d be up for it!
Chief
User avatar
ElCapitan
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Glasgow
Scotland

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by ElCapitan »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm
DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm I have a few 1/32 scale planes. No Snuffy though.
Darn
I miss Lysus, he would have made Snuffy
Has he left the forum?
Rob
ElCapitan
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by digger303 »

ElCapitan wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm
DBMiller wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm I have a few 1/32 scale planes. No Snuffy though.
Darn
I miss Lysus, he would have made Snuffy
Has he left the forum?
Mia since his house move.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Novasquad23
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:19 pm
Australia

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by Novasquad23 »

I'd be in it. I've got the Revell (Matchbox) Spitfire MK xxii/xxiv and the (notorious) Trumpeter Mig-15 (with vac form canopy replacement) both of which are 1/32. Could give me a reason to splurge big on a 1/24 Hurricane though (my fave WWII fighter) in Soviet colours if I can source the decals). I'm really enjoying the bomber SIG at the moment. :th:
User avatar
ElCapitan
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Glasgow
Scotland

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by ElCapitan »

If anyone can recommend a half-decent, cheapish (say ~£25) kit then I'll give it a go. 1/32 only, I don't have space for a 1/24.
Rob
ElCapitan
User avatar
DRUMS01
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2352
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 am
Location: Ohio, USA
United States of America

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by DRUMS01 »

I know it is intended for 32, or 24 scale; but would a 1/48 C-130 (really large) work for this GB?

Ben
On the table or recently completed:

1/18 AV8-B Harrier - WIP
1/35 Churchill AVRE with SBG Bridge Diorama - DONE
75mm BMW R75 WW2 motorcycle with rider - DONE
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by chief5437 »

ElCapitan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:48 pm If anyone can recommend a half-decent, cheapish (say ~£25) kit then I'll give it a go. 1/32 only, I don't have space for a 1/24.
You can pick up some of the Revell 1/32 kits for that sort of price.
Chief
User avatar
ElCapitan
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Glasgow
Scotland

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by ElCapitan »

chief5437 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:15 pm
ElCapitan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:48 pm If anyone can recommend a half-decent, cheapish (say ~£25) kit then I'll give it a go. 1/32 only, I don't have space for a 1/24.
You can pick up some of the Revell 1/32 kits for that sort of price.
Are they generally pretty good kits? I see they do a mosquito.
Rob
ElCapitan
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by chief5437 »

ElCapitan wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:55 pm
chief5437 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:15 pm
ElCapitan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:48 pm If anyone can recommend a half-decent, cheapish (say ~£25) kit then I'll give it a go. 1/32 only, I don't have space for a 1/24.
You can pick up some of the Revell 1/32 kits for that sort of price.
Are they generally pretty good kits? I see they do a mosquito.
They’re not Tamiya, but they’re good for the price. I’ve heard good reviews for their latest kits.
Chief
User avatar
aur0ra145
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by aur0ra145 »

I've got a 1/32 kit in the stash, I'd partake I think.
User avatar
darrengreenwood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:50 am
Location: Manchester, Lancashire
Contact:
England

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by darrengreenwood »

I'd be up for this.
Darren

My model. My rules
User avatar
bfrd
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am
Location: Carrollton, TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by bfrd »

DRUMS01 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:04 pm I know it is intended for 32, or 24 scale; but would a 1/48 C-130 (really large) work for this GB?

Ben
I think that would still fit in with the "big bird" concept!
Matthew (or Bifford if you prefer)
Stash
Wolfgangtheseal
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 pm
Wales

Re: Big Bird SiG

Post by Wolfgangtheseal »

1/24 Typhoon if it goes ahead
Post Reply

Return to “Special Interest Group Builds (SiGs)”