Checking in from FL450

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
PilotMM
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:58 am
United States of America

Checking in from FL450

Post by PilotMM »

Hello! Ok so I’m not really at FL45 but on the ground in Vegas. I found this forum because I have wanted to get back into static modeling. Currently and in the recent past I have been doing some RC modeling but because I am what the RC guys call a “scale nerd” I have wanted to get back in to static stuff. I currently have a 1/10th scale Jeep Cherokee I have built up and a Spitfire Mk5 (about 1/10th scale) that I am constantly tinkering with.

Anyways my youngest son (5) is obsessed with race cars and shown an interest in building his first model. A Revell Junior kit is under the tree, let’s see if we can’t get him bit by the building bug.

I think the first kit I will build will be the Polar Lights Ford GT. It’s my kids favorite car. I am glad I found this space because it has a plethora of info! Thanks to the Admins and Paul for a great forum and YouTube videos.

Before I go where should I post general building questions that will range from painting, custom decals, and other technique questions?

Thanks!
-M
User avatar
Timplastic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 648
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:29 am
Location: French quarter
Contact:
UN

Re: Checking in from FL450

Post by Timplastic »

Wellcome along
You can post all modelling related questions in the modelling chat area. Just put in the subject title the bases for your question and I’m quite sure some one will be able to help you
I like to know what you think even if it is critique , If you spotted it let me know
Trying to finish what I started, and take part

My youtube channel that needs some updates
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjQvLz ... subscriberImage
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Checking in from FL450

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
PilotMM
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:58 am
United States of America

Re: Checking in from FL450

Post by PilotMM »

Thanks guys!

Tim, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers!
-M
User avatar
kiwigav
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:38 am
Location: Nelson - New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: Checking in from FL450

Post by kiwigav »

:welcome: back
Cheers Gav

On The Bench OK where do I start :wtf:
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”