Which glue

Post Reply
john51
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:47 pm
England

Which glue

Post by john51 »

Can anyone recommend a glue to assemble an Otaki 1/50 scale loco kit from the 1970's.
I've tried Humbrol Poly cement, but it doesn't seem to attack the plastic.
I built one of these kits about 50 years ago using tube glue
Any advice please ?
Thanks John
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Which glue

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

I did a search and didn't come up with much. I thought one of the train sites might have the answer

Suggest you try out what you have on hand directly on the sprues and see how they react
Tamiya, CA, Revell, Testors...try whatever you have and see what works, then let us know.
:cheers2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Which glue

Post by Kevthemodeller »

If you're after a non liquid glue try Revell Contacta Professional Glue, it's my go to glue when Tamiya fails. :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
john51
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:47 pm
England

Re: Which glue

Post by john51 »

Thanks for the advice guys !
Post Reply

Return to “Glues and Fillers”