decals

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
matthewp
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 pm
England

decals

Post by matthewp »

Hi all does anybody know where i could get custom decals printed ?
thanks
User avatar
amsvkng
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:44 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sweden

Re: decals

Post by amsvkng »

I think you can buy your own decal paper and as long as you have a half decent printer you should be able to print your own.

I have C.D.O

It is like O.C.D, but with the letters in the correct order.
matthewp
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 pm
England

Re: decals

Post by matthewp »

ok cheers ill have a look into that be better if i can save me loads of money
User avatar
amsvkng
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:44 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sweden

Re: decals

Post by amsvkng »

I have never done it my self but I have seen it done on youtube videos but then in combination of an additional layer of clear coat on top of the decals and then use a fine sand paper to sand down any edges that decal might be leaving.

Good Luck
I have C.D.O

It is like O.C.D, but with the letters in the correct order.
matthewp
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 pm
England

Re: decals

Post by matthewp »

think ill get some and give it a go on some spare styrene
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”