Kit-bashed Konflikt '47 M8 Grizzly Walker

Post Reply
User avatar
Panzón
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Location: Texas
United States of America

Kit-bashed Konflikt '47 M8 Grizzly Walker

Post by Panzón »

Konflikt '47 is an extension of Warlord Games Bolt Action WWII war-game, which imagines that WWII continues, and new advances in weapons, in the form of robot soldiers and various human controlled walking weapons, are brought to the battlefield.

Image

I got this kit a couple years ago, planning to build it as a steampunk walker, but when I finally began work on it, I decided instead to build it as a disaster search & rescue walker. To that end, I got rid of the weapons, removed the arm-movement hindering shoulder armor, and hollowed out the cannon mount to create an operators cockpit.

Image

Image
I added a beacon light and a whip antenna, and filled the original periscope ports (?) below them with pieces of transparent red styrene which are meant to be infrared scanners. I added a flip-up canopy, and removed the poorly molded lights on the front of the cockpit, and added a searchlight to the base.

Image
I straightened the left arm of the walker, and also opened the grippers.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I added a few random decals from another kit, and weathered the walker with acrylic paints and washes, graphite, and dry pigments. I may eventually build a diorama around the walker, but for now, there are other projects on the workbench.
Mike Szwarc

My portfolio

On the workbench:
• 1:700 Yangtze River gunboat vignette from Aoshima's Katata/Hozu kit, and Niko's USS Luzon kit.

My stash

"This was the morning when Father, mending one hole in the thermos-flask, made three." ~ Dylan Thomas
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Kit-bashed Konflikt '47 M8 Grizzly Walker

Post by digger303 »

Very nice, good to see something different.
:th: :th: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
RangerNeil
Major
Major
Posts: 4745
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Location: Dagenham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Kit-bashed Konflikt '47 M8 Grizzly Walker

Post by RangerNeil »

Now that is a nice piece of work!! Excellent alterations from the base kit, it looks fantastic and I think a small diorama would really set this one off well. :cheers2:
    Neil (yet another one...)

    On the board now:

    Airfix 1/35 Alvis Stalwart Mk2 FV622
    Hasegawa 1/48 A8 Crusader

    Scalemates stash info
    =58417&fkSTASHSTATUS[]=58417-Stash&page=stash]Scalemates Stash manager
    User avatar
    Panzón
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant
    Posts: 233
    Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm
    Location: Texas
    United States of America

    Re: Kit-bashed Konflikt '47 M8 Grizzly Walker

    Post by Panzón »

    Thanks for the comments, guys, and thanks for looking! :)
    Mike Szwarc

    My portfolio

    On the workbench:
    • 1:700 Yangtze River gunboat vignette from Aoshima's Katata/Hozu kit, and Niko's USS Luzon kit.

    My stash

    "This was the morning when Father, mending one hole in the thermos-flask, made three." ~ Dylan Thomas
    User avatar
    aur0ra145
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
    Location: TX
    Contact:
    United States of America

    Re: Kit-bashed Konflikt '47 M8 Grizzly Walker

    Post by aur0ra145 »

    Really nice!
    Post Reply

    Return to “Sci-fi Gallery”