Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post Reply
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by barryf1fan »

Able to finish her up this morning...

Painted with Tamiya acrylics and Alclad paint.
Alclad Gloss Clear Kote
Iwata HP-CS

Had a good time with this one, just daunting amount of decals - would do again. :D
Happy with how it came out, not Hawkmoon level but not too bad and still learning and getting better.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Thanks for looking!
Last edited by barryf1fan on Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
R36adelaide
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:38 pm
Australia

Re: Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by R36adelaide »

Looks great! So satisfying when you pull of a decal job like that.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Ya :banana: :banana: :banana:
That’s a whole lotta All Right right there
Nice work :th:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by Gary30 »

Looks amazing B, I might tackle mine in the new year!

I'm sure Hawk would agree that it is on every level an equal to his work! Looks flawless to me

Image
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by barryf1fan »

R36adelaide wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:51 am Looks great! So satisfying when you pull of a decal job like that.
Thanks!! :thumb2: You're not kidding - felt like had run a marathon when I got done (I should probably really run a marathon, could use the exercise :lol: :lol: )
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:03 am Ya :banana: :banana: :banana:
That’s a whole lotta All Right right there
Nice work :th:
Thanks Scott!! Really appreciate it man - defo learned a lot about decals with this one.
Gary30 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:24 am Looks amazing B, I might tackle mine in the new year!

I'm sure Hawk would agree that it is on every level an equal to his work! Looks flawless to me

Image
Thanks Gary! But . . .

Image

Not too sure about that. Took me almost 2 months to do... :lol:

Has anyone heard from Andrew?? I messaged him a couple of times and never heard back. He was my 'go to' with questions, and I had asked him about a couple of things on this specific one, but never got a reply. :cry: I've noticed that he hasn't posted in quite awhile.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a few new shots... [I put the last 10 decals on last night (the headlight decals and the little, read: tiny, red arrows that go on the car, also the ballast weight that is on the roof)]. Enjoy your day!!

Image

Image

Image

Image


And even though I've started the Tamiya Jager Alfa, I've also made a start on the GoodSmile Racing Mercedes AMG I have - I just LOVE these liveries!!
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
ForeverPlasticKits
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 pm
Location: France
France

Re: Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by ForeverPlasticKits »

WONDERFUL! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by barryf1fan »

ForeverPlasticKits wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:51 pm WONDERFUL! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Thanks, FPK!! :thumb2:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
Mpfiend
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:56 am
Location: Sussex
England

Re: Fujimi 1/24 GoodsSmile Racing BMW Z4 Super GT

Post by Mpfiend »

Hi Barry,

Really nice finish on what looks like a complicated decal job.
I'm looking forward to seeing the next one.
I have a similar decal sheet for the tamiya Mercedes AMG GT, which may be built soon.
Regards,
Keith
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”