Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post Reply
User avatar
Quax
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Greenland

Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by Quax »

Been looking for one of these kits at a reasonable price and thanks to evilbay here we are. This came with the Airwaves wheel set which was nice and I might yet raid Hannants for some other bits before I start. I know the glazing has a seam in one of the main bits so if I cock it up trying to remove there are a number of Vacformed ones available.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The fuselage does have some scratches on it where the plastic has moved around in the single bag but they should polish out

Image

I also bought a book to go with it which contains complete plans up to 1/32 scale
Image

Image

Image

cheers

Paul
Paul :hi: (not THE Paul a more inconsequential Paul)

On the bench:
A mess as usual...
now residing in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Penguinland - long live the Emperor!
User avatar
Quax
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Greenland

Re: Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by Quax »

I have rotated the pictures in Flickr so hopefully it will catch up, the other thing is again no rivets but apparently the rivets on the 234 were all covered over/filled so as to disappear so at least thats not a worry here
Paul :hi: (not THE Paul a more inconsequential Paul)

On the bench:
A mess as usual...
now residing in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Penguinland - long live the Emperor!
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by digger303 »

I've always found this a weird aircraft to look at yet I do like it..it puzzles me.
We should have just had a Arado forum build :)
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by Tomcat64 »

Ok this is one I've never come across before - looking forward to seeing it come together and off to do some research :) :pop:
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
User avatar
Quax
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Greenland

Re: Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by Quax »

so.
as ever life is not quite going to plan. As well as Parkinsons I have now collected Prostate cancer to my list of ailments, fortunately found early enough (and by serendipity) that all looks very good but the biopsy and the aftereffects are not fun. :crazy: Because of this I just sort of did this as and when and didnt really bother about the photos, so I apologise in advance. Im not sure whether this will be my last contribution for a while but lets see what happens.

anyway as to the kit: Its not all bad, getting the glazing to go together correctly is a trial and (as usual) I failed - well it looks ok from a distance :D The major downfall of this kit now is that the decals are dreadful, if you're going to buy this kit plan for adding an extra market decal set or mask set, I had to use a mask set for all the crosses except the swastika which was a learning curve as I'd never used them before and unfortunately the two wings ones arent in the same place :doh: I was tempted to use an Extradecal swastika pair but one worked ok and the other partly disintegrated so I saved the good ones for another day. I didnt quite build it as the instructions suggested as I added the engines to the wings before they were joined to the fuselage, this allowed me to fill gaps easier but made painting tricky... I didnt use the metal gear legs that had come with the kit as they were all way to short but I did use the two main resin wheels (not that you can tell). The plane is meant to be vaguely representative of one from KG76 that attacked the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen in March 1945 with a fading winter cammo. Good luck guys and I hoe to see you soon!

Image

Image

Image

Image

cheers

Paul
Paul :hi: (not THE Paul a more inconsequential Paul)

On the bench:
A mess as usual...
now residing in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Penguinland - long live the Emperor!
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by digger303 »

I'm glad you caught the prostate cancer in time. I lost a cousin to that last year all because he was too frightened to go get checked out. If you can't get a whizz over and done with in quick time you should go get checked.....putting the soap box away now. :)
The kit became a very nice model...despite it needing some filla
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by BigWall »

Great looking plane Paul! Hang in there. I'm glad it was caught early.
Joe

Image
ForeverPlasticKits
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 pm
Location: France
France

Re: Pauls Hasegawa Arado Ar234B-2 Blitz 1/48

Post by ForeverPlasticKits »

Wonderful kit (which is in my stach), great result and very nice paint! :thumb1: :thumb2: :clap: :clap:
Post Reply

Return to “Build threads”