The Life and times of AIRFIX

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

The Life and times of AIRFIX

Post by digger303 »

Also the introduction of competition.
Did you know Tamiya was a lumber company ?



How much longer will Airfix survive ? It's looking dodgy. :cry:
Is it wise to grab that Airfix kit you have been eyeing off now, when the corporates make decisions without telegraphing the markets ?

:cheers2:

Ps...I'd love the Bulldog
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: The Life and times of AIRFIX

Post by Stokesy44 »

digger303 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2026 5:41 am Also the introduction of competition.
Did you know Tamiya was a lumber company ?



How much longer will Airfix survive ? It's looking dodgy. :cry:
Is it wise to grab that Airfix kit you have been eyeing off now, when the corporates make decisions without telegraphing the markets ?

:cheers2:

Ps...I'd love the Bulldog
Interesting post.

When it said venture capitalists had bought it in 2006 I shuddered. Nothing good can come of a deal with such types. As for buying kits before they disappear, the older stuff doesn't interest me and much of their new tool stuff is being done by other companies and at a higher quality.

The only kit I would like is their 1/24 Hellcat and that's currently not available. I could go for their new 1/24 109 as well but deeper pockets might be required.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”