Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito in 2014/15?

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Colin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:11 pm
Location: N E Scotland

Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito in 2014/15?

Post by Colin »

Rumour I know, but they were observed crawling all over a Spitfire, Mustang and Corsair in a museum prior to the 1/32 releases.

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs?hc_location=stream

I'd just got used to the idea of future buying a HK 1/32 Mossie they have announced and now this?

It does not rain but it pours ... makes a bit of sense too, Tamiya already are tooled up for 1/32 Merlin engine's with their Spitfires and Mustangs!

Its likely too that tomorrow's announcement of a new big kit from Airfix might be the long awaited glass nose tooling of their 1/24 Mosquito?

Other company's producing same kits have never stopped Tamiya before either, they have always done things their way.

We'll see.
Last edited by Colin on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito in 2014/15?

Post by Gav0909 »

Airfix no longer produce their 1/24 Mossie though. Unless they are going to re-release it in a different Mk. Apparently it didn't sell all that well or something (fair play, its huge and was like £125 ish retail I believe).

The HK Models 1/32 Mossie will come in several variants I am led to beleive and I am looking forward to that for sure! But a Tamiya one, along the same roads as their new 1/32 range will be gorgeous. But I can't help but feel perhaps the HK Models one might still be the better model all told, going by their current stuff. There has to be some advantages to working solely in 1/32.

But I don't care, I love Mossies so this is all good news!
User avatar
Colin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:11 pm
Location: N E Scotland

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito in 2014/15?

Post by Colin »

Apparently Airfix had three releases of the big 1/24 Mossie and it sold fairly well, but yep it is currently out of production but also has always had parts and room for future variants on the sprue ... some are guessing the new kit will be a 1/24 Typhoon or possibly a 1/48 Vulcan they teased us about before?

I think it it will be a glass nose 1/24 Mossie though to maximise on their tooling of this kit and its due another release, they have released variants of their old 1/24 kits before.

I'm saying no to 1/24 though, a Mossie in 1/24 amongst my 1/32 builds would look a bit odd in my 1/32 museum but I'd make an exception to my rules for a 1/48 Vulcan ... I'd really like a quality kit of this Aircraft.

Its looking good for Tamiya doing a Mosquito in 1/32 and if this gets confirmed I'll drop my idea of buying the proposed 1/32 HK Mossie as much as I'd like to support them and being the underdog and all ... but you just cant beat Tamiya quality IMHO.

All this Mosquito talk has made me think of 633 Squadron, must watch it again soon :)

Skip to about a third in for the good stuff and music.

[youtube]VWERDEx9t9Y[/youtube]
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito in 2014/15?

Post by Lee »

*Want
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”