Airfix Supermarine Spitfire mkVb 1:24

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
ThunderLizard
Private
Private
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Airfix Supermarine Spitfire mkVb 1:24

Post by ThunderLizard »

Looking for my first plane build. Is this a good kit. Seems a good price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005SPU69W/r ... Zsb1H4DWS3
In Progress:
Tamiya 1/12 Repsol Honda RCV211 06
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Airfix Supermarine Spitfire mkVb 1:24

Post by Paul »

Price is good yes, for a first aircraft build I think it would be a bit of a nightmare though as it's not the best fitting kit.
User avatar
ThunderLizard
Private
Private
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Airfix Supermarine Spitfire mkVb 1:24

Post by ThunderLizard »

Thanks Paul,

Any thoughts as to which beginners plane kit I should get?
In Progress:
Tamiya 1/12 Repsol Honda RCV211 06
Neils
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Re: Airfix Supermarine Spitfire mkVb 1:24

Post by Neils »

I'm only just starting getting back into the hobby after so many years away. After doing a couple of kits to what I would call mediocre standard I bought myself the airfix 1:48 Me-109 Kit number A05120 so I could go through the ISM guides on youtube as I built it.

Opening it up it seems to be about the right size, fit and complexity for a kit to start with.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”