Vallejo Wash Question

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Navcom
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: MN USA
Contact:
United States of America

Vallejo Wash Question

Post by Navcom »

Quick question...

I have a 17ml bottle of black shade Vallejo acrylic wash. Does this stuff need to be thinned before use? (I'm using it on aircraft) I'm new to washes and was just curious. It seems pretty thick.
Jeff
My scale model photography book...
http://www.scalephotography.com

MN Scale Modeler Virtual Museum
http://www.mnscalemodeler.net
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Vallejo Wash Question

Post by Paul »

Yeah it needs thinning with water to the consistency you need. I've used them for years now and like them. If you watch scale model medics you tube videos he uses it in some of those
User avatar
Navcom
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: MN USA
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Vallejo Wash Question

Post by Navcom »

Thanks Paul. I figured it needed some but wasn't sure. It looks more like the consistency of an ink than a wash...or somewhere I between.

Looking forwards trying some new techniques!
Jeff
My scale model photography book...
http://www.scalephotography.com

MN Scale Modeler Virtual Museum
http://www.mnscalemodeler.net
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”