What's hiding in your stash ?

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
MikeyKb
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by MikeyKb »

I figured I've oggled other peoples, might as well share - even though not as impressive as many of yours, it's still growing and a 'young' stash :P
Happy to answer any questions!

-Batman limited edition 1966 Batmobile with lots of extras (P.E, The Penguin add-ons, engine and rocket-booster, etc.)
-Reference Materials
-1/8 Green Goblin
-Wonder Woman (don't know scale, sorry)
Image

-1/48 plaster fuel barrels
-1/48 Pegasus Models Gothic Church Rubble
-1/28 Pegasus Sandbags, assorted x 2
-1/35 Italeri Church door & window
-Assorted decals on right side
-Future'd (Klear) Canopies and clear pieces are in black containers
Image

Figures
Image

More figures and cars
Image

Aircraft
Image

Assorted AFVs and the lone Nike :P
Image

And that's all, folks. Got a few kits on the way from ebay, but that'll be for another update.

Cheers!
:thumb2:
Mikey
User avatar
jayjay1964
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:40 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by jayjay1964 »

Ok guys here is the stash. Unfortunately at the moment I dont have a Man Cave to build any of them but hopefully that will be resolved sooner rather than later. I have been adding to stash while staying at mates house following a breakdown in a relationship and have bought a Hobbyboss A-6A intruder, Academy F-22A, Academy F-4C Phantom, Kittyhawk Mirage F-1B, Hobbyboss F-18A, Kinetic F-16AM, Trupeter F-100C,Kinetic EA-6B Prowler,Wolfpack Su-27UB, Eduard Su-27A, Eduard F-15E Academy Su-27A, Academy EF-18G Growler and Academy F-4D Phantom. Just ordered Eduard F-4B Phantom as well. Anyway here are some pics of the stash.......

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Need to get building again as having serious withdrawal symptoms - have a couple of projects underway that are on hole pending new house and man cave. Why do manufacturers constantly bring out kits I want lol
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Paul »

Thats a healthy stash mate, hope your personal life gets sorted soon buddy and you can get back to building :thumb2:
User avatar
moi196872
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Longueuil, Québec, Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by moi196872 »

Very nice stash :th: , wish I had the $$ to build a stash like that, single father with 2 kids it's pretty hard to spend a lot of $$ on the hobby.

Oh well, maybe someday, who knows.
Stéphane Viens
"From the Belle Province"

ON THE WORKBENCH
User avatar
jayjay1964
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:40 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by jayjay1964 »

Cheers guys - Stephane it can be done - Ebay a great place to pick up bargains the A-6A intruder I have just recd was only £29.99 INCL free delivery this kit normally retails at around £48.00 in the UK. The old AMT kits were picked up for £10.00 each and were all still sealed. Picked up a second Kinetic F-16AM to do a tiger meet scheme with for £14.99. I dont have a huge income but bargains are out there to be grabbed. I have a mate who switched to e-cigarettes from normal cigarettes to try and quit but he now has spare cash to spend on his hobby. Think bargain hunting started when trying to cut weekly shopping bill.
khimbar
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: Gods Own Country. Yorkshire.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by khimbar »

Bloody hell dude, that's a stash and a half!
Stonkmer
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Stonkmer »

Thought it was about time I put mine up:
Image
Not the biggest in the world (Dwarfed by some of the ones on here...), but there's still a bit of space to fit some more good ones..
Just need to find more time to build them now...
;O)
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Paul »

Nice stash stonk :thumb2:
thechildmodeller
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Rochford Essex

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by thechildmodeller »

Will post mine Tommorow
On the bench:
Airfix 1/76 Battlefront -stage- weathering
On Hold-waiting for paint
Airfix 1/76 Bofors Gun and Tractor - stage - painting
Airfix 1/76 Matilda Tank - stage - priming
Airfix 1/76 Western front - stage- priming
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCunW9dpqbtYZlQXt-tEJJug
User avatar
StalkingButler
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by StalkingButler »

A small part of my pile-o-kits. I finish max two kits in a year, so I have to hurry up now :).

Image
User avatar
OutbackModeller
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by OutbackModeller »

My stash and studio tour.


[youtube]Gp5i57USuXE[/youtube]
Last edited by Lee on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link for you :)
andreb87
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Siegen, Germany

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by andreb87 »

simply click at the link in my signature. i think im a typical modeller. the stash is growing and growing but i cant build that fast. you go on ebay and see a bargain and you think jesus christ i must have this kit. if i dont buy it i wont get it in future for that price or it is out of production ;D oh man ... my wife hates me for the stash :lol:
on the bench: too much -.-
User avatar
OutbackModeller
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by OutbackModeller »

Grabbed a couple of new kits for the stash today.
Watching ISM on YT is bringing back the aircraft bug again. It's all your fault Paul and Lee. Hahaha just kidding, before I go, just want to say the Dragon 1:32 BF109E-4 kit is absolutely smashing OMG now I'm talking like a pom lol. Na seriously guys I am going to do a unboxing on my youtube channel in the next couple of days, because this kit is worth it. For $59.99 Australian I thought it was 10/10 for bang for ya buck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by OutbackModeller on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Paul »

Yeah it's a nice kit the me109 but it does have a fit issue around the engine cowling so be aware of that :thumb2:
User avatar
OutbackModeller
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by OutbackModeller »

Thanks Paul. I just want to say I am so glad I joined the ISM forum, the information is totally limitless and the modellers are some of the friendliest people I've met. If one day you and Lee get too old to run the forum or the YT channel :lol: I hope your kids will take over because I would be gutted if either failed to exist. :(

All the way from outback Australia
Clem. :th:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Paul »

So as the stash has been growing, it's outgrown it's shelving so I relocated it to the shelving above everything.

Image
User avatar
rsrdevon
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: Janesville,Wisconsin

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by rsrdevon »

nice stash there paul. if you need space just let me know ill take a couple off your hands lol.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Lee »

Liking that mate :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Paul »

Lee wrote:Liking that mate :th:
Cheers mate :cheers2:
mark31
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:54 pm
Location: Belgium
Belgium

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by mark31 »

Here is my stash.
Image

Image

Image

Mark
In the planning.
Mig-21MF 1/32
MH-47E 1/35
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Paul »

Great stash mark :thumb2:
User avatar
galileo1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 am
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by galileo1 »

Great stash, Mark! Really liking those Floggers...
Rob

Image

In progress:
  • N/A
User avatar
ThomasBrown
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 am
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by ThomasBrown »

Nice stash Mark! How are the Trumpeter plane kits? I've never done one.
TommyBoy ScaleModeling

:heli:
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

page one of my stash

Post by martin57 »

here is some of my stash ,post some more laterImage
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

page 2

Post by martin57 »

some more :crazy: Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: page one of my stash

Post by Paul »

Martin you can put more than one pic in a single post mate, I've merged both posts together for you mate
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

Re: page one of my stash

Post by martin57 »

cheers paul , just finding my feet at the mo never uploaded before today, bin at it for ages , iam getting there :thumb2:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: page one of my stash

Post by Paul »

martin57 wrote:cheers paul , just finding my feet at the mo never uploaded before today, bin at it for ages , iam getting there :thumb2:

No problem mate, let me know when your done and ill megre the thread to the other "stash" thread :thumb2:

It gets faster once you get used to uploading pics mate :cheers2:
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

Re: page one of my stash

Post by martin57 »

cheers mate i am done for today done the photo shoot now got to put them all back , :cheers2:
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

bit more of my stash

Post by martin57 »

User avatar
gaz45
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Location: Nottingham uk
Great Britain

Re: bit more of my stash

Post by gaz45 »

nice stash :cheers2:
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by DBMiller »

This is in my stash, constantly taunting me with my inability to face the challenge. I have many kits I've bought over the years that I'd like to build up really nice, but never do. This is one of my best.

Image
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
Ozzie21
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Millmerran, Queensland, Australia

My Stash

Post by Ozzie21 »

As I started back in plastic models about 4yrs ago I've never really put much effort into it. Although I enjoy building them and finding out about new and exciting products, photo etch and metal tracks, I only really built it and put it back in it's box. I have an Aztek A7778 series airbrush which uses interchangeable nozzles instead of a single size needle. This is fine for general painting ie one colour like locomotive black on my trains. It's not really up to the job of spraying a complicated camo pattern like you find an a German AFV or aeroplane. I think the main drawback has been my lack of knowledge on how to apply paint and the best use of thinners, or more precisely what thinners to use with a specific paint. Hopefully now armed with knowledge gleaned from Paul's articles on painting, and a couple of DvD's on painting, I'll be able to produce some better results. I have a new airbrush and a spray booth, on the way, I have obtained some Tamiya XF20 and 20A thinners, some Vallejo camo colours for German AFV's and some Life Colours in various sets. In the meantime here are some pictures of the stash I have built up.

Image
I started simple with this modest lot. But I got thinking that I need a few planes as well. Sooo

Image
There's this lot. Most of them are 1/48th with a couple of old Airfix kits to remind me how simple it was 44yrs ago when I was 12.n Then the flood started and in they came. I think they breed when your not looking. :scratch::

Image
The large plastic buckets have the big wing jobs, B-29,B-24, Javelin, PR Canberra, EE Lightning, sea Vixen, and a couple of others. The small pile on the far rights are ones that I started but haven't finished.
Image
This is the kindergarten as that age wouldn't know a good model from a bad one.
Image
Of these ones I might be able to save the Challenger II, Tamiya, and the Stug also Tamiya but with a ton of photo etch and Fruilmodel tracks.
Image
This is a small selection of my trains. Most are waiting extra detail or the addition of sound, one day.

You might notice a Jagd Tiger that looks finished. I'm going to use this model as a baseline. If my others don't get better than this then it's back to butterfly collecting and playing with rocks.

Regards
Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia
Ozzie21

"Keep the CA off the fingers"

On the Bench
1/35th
Italieri Panther A recovery, Dragon Jagdpanzer IV A-O,

1/48th Tamiya Me109 E-3, Airfix Supercat Coyote, Tamiya F-16,
Hasegawa Harrier GR7, Hobby Boss Me262
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: My Stash

Post by Schoof »

When does your modelspoorbaan
Modelshop open it's doors ? Jeeeeeeezzzzz what a stash
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
Corkmyster9436
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am
Location: Evansville IN, USA
Contact:

Re: My Stash

Post by Corkmyster9436 »

At least you have a pathway to the chair at your work station, hope you have an empty room to display all those models :th:
Corky

Hanger Queen
Monogram 1/48th scale "Visible" B-17G



The stash has out grown the storage space..... :doh:
User avatar
Lego
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Ireland
Ireland

Re: My Stash

Post by Lego »

Ok, it is time to stop buying my friend :banana:

Nice stash though. Get building :pistols:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: My Stash

Post by MarkVerploeg »

you have a bloody fortune in dragon kits alone
jeez there are some awesome kits in there
but like Lego says :start building and finish some builds
you will see that you get a lot of building mojo when those half build projects are done
or do you live in a modelling shop
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: My Stash

Post by Paul »

Great stash, makes me feel better about mine lol
User avatar
Daishi12
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:25 pm
Location: Mountain Ash, South Wales
Wales

Re: My Stash

Post by Daishi12 »

Great stash mate, MrsModeller and I will build some up for you if you like :) :) :drool: :drool:
W.I.P.

Revell 1/72 P-47M
Airfix 1/72 Bristol F2B Fighter

Technical Consultation for MrsModellor :- Tamiya 1/35 S.A.S. Pink Panther
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

Re: My Stash

Post by martin57 »

:jd: thats a great stash , i would not no where to start with that lot :cheers2:
User avatar
cib2265
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 pm
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by cib2265 »

Thats a HUGE stash Charles!!!

Whereabouts in QLD are you? I'm on the Sunshine Coast - there's a big swap meet this weekend at Albany Creek if you want to thin/extend the stash!

Always plenty of people here to help on ISM - dont get discouraged too quickly! My first couple of models were shockers until I read/watched Paul and Lees stuff and lots of advice from huge depth of knowledge here at ISM....
Chris Becker in Sunshine Coast, Australia
User avatar
Ozzie21
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Millmerran, Queensland, Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Ozzie21 »

Chris, I'm in Millmerran, about half way between Toowoomba and Goondiwindi, roughly 2and a half hours from Brisbane. I don't think I could bear to thin out the stash, extend it definitely.
Once I have the right gear perhaps things will improve.

Reagrds
Charles Emerson

cib2265 wrote:Thats a HUGE stash Charles!!!

Whereabouts in QLD are you? I'm on the Sunshine Coast - there's a big swap meet this weekend at Albany Creek if you want to thin/extend the stash!

Always plenty of people here to help on ISM - dont get discouraged too quickly! My first couple of models were shockers until I read/watched Paul and Lees stuff and lots of advice from huge depth of knowledge here at ISM....
Ozzie21

"Keep the CA off the fingers"

On the Bench
1/35th
Italieri Panther A recovery, Dragon Jagdpanzer IV A-O,

1/48th Tamiya Me109 E-3, Airfix Supercat Coyote, Tamiya F-16,
Hasegawa Harrier GR7, Hobby Boss Me262
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by DBMiller »

Ozzie21, I think we need a new word for you. "Stash" doesn't quite cover it at this point.
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
Johni044
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire, U.K.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Johni044 »

Ozzie21 wrote:half way between Toowoomba and Goondiwindi
God, I hope they don't impose a vowel tax in Aus.

Some wonderful stuff in them there stashes, hope you's enjoy making them.
My Portfolio
2014: acquired 51; Built 27

On the bench, Urm a lot.....
User avatar
cib2265
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 pm
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by cib2265 »

Ozzie21 wrote:Chris, I'm in Millmerran, about half way between Toowoomba and Goondiwindi, roughly 2and a half hours from Brisbane. I don't think I could bear to thin out the stash, extend it definitely.
Once I have the right gear perhaps things will improve.

Reagrds
Charles Emerson
Milmerran is beautiful country Charles - my wife use to work out at Gatton and I've worked/travelled through Toowoomba previously - hope its nice and green out there for you!

I went the other route when I started up a few months ago and bought all (ok, like 90% maybe, still finding more stuff I "need") the gear I thought I needed - spot lamps, A2 sized cutting boards, airbrushes (Iwata Neo and H&S Evolution), full range of Tamiya paints and half the Lifecolors (great for hairbrushing), all the different primers, spray booth, 30 plus top level paintbrushes, scribing and sanding tools/sponges, all the different chemicals (including full set of Micro solutions, Alclad lacquer paints, Future/Pledge etc etc)...Havent bought much weathering stuff, given I'll try to make my own but have recently ordered some MIG/AK washes.

Havent used half of it yet, but its a great feeling to just reach out across my workbench to grab something (e.g like something as mundane as a very good set of tweezers!) I need and its there instead of being frustrated or try and half-arse the job.

Most of this was bought from BNA Modelworld (online hobby store based in Victoria - buy more than $150 and postage is free - this is a significant saving here in Oz, where we get screwed by Aust Post royally) or on Ebay, with some minor things bought from my local hobby store

Once I had a good setup - including building a proper paint/tool rack - I started building up my stash - now a few short of 50 kits (half 1/48 aircraft, other half 1/35 armor), I have about 20 left I want (mainly 1/32 aircraft and 1/16 armor plus some more Dragon/Cyber Hobby 1/35 Panther/Stug III variants) ..and built 7 kits with 3 underway.

All since February - I get a bit carried away when I start a new "thing"!

Again any help, just give a bell here and plenty to point you in right direction!
Cheers
Chris
Chris Becker in Sunshine Coast, Australia
User avatar
Ozzie21
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Millmerran, Queensland, Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Ozzie21 »

Chris, yeh it is nice, at times. It's green since we had that last 300mm of rain a month ago but not much since. I do get a fair bit of stuff from BNA I also use Toyworld in Toowoomba as they carry a great stock of kits. Most of mine have been bought from there, the big stuff especially like the 1/48th B-29, B-17, B-24, Hustler, TSR 2, Canberra's, Lancasters etc. I also get stuff from Hannant's in the UK but it's mainly detail parts as getting kits sent can be a tad expensive if it doesn't fit the pommy mail standard size. I'd like to be at that swap meet but it would take me about 4hrs to get there so it would be a long day so I'd have to be up before the dawn and I like my lie in's.

Regards
Charles Emerson
Millmerran



Milmerran is beautiful country Charles - my wife use to work out at Gatton and I've worked/travelled through Toowoomba previously - hope its nice and green out there for you!

I went the other route when I started up a few months ago and bought all (ok, like 90% maybe, still finding more stuff I "need") the gear I thought I needed - spot lamps, A2 sized cutting boards, airbrushes (Iwata Neo and H&S Evolution), full range of Tamiya paints and half the Lifecolors (great for hairbrushing), all the different primers, spray booth, 30 plus top level paintbrushes, scribing and sanding tools/sponges, all the different chemicals (including full set of Micro solutions, Alclad lacquer paints, Future/Pledge etc etc)...Havent bought much weathering stuff, given I'll try to make my own but have recently ordered some MIG/AK washes.

Havent used half of it yet, but its a great feeling to just reach out across my workbench to grab something (e.g like something as mundane as a very good set of tweezers!) I need and its there instead of being frustrated or try and half-arse the job.

Most of this was bought from BNA Modelworld (online hobby store based in Victoria - buy more than $150 and postage is free - this is a significant saving here in Oz, where we get screwed by Aust Post royally) or on Ebay, with some minor things bought from my local hobby store

Once I had a good setup - including building a proper paint/tool rack - I started building up my stash - now a few short of 50 kits (half 1/48 aircraft, other half 1/35 armor), I have about 20 left I want (mainly 1/32 aircraft and 1/16 armor plus some more Dragon/Cyber Hobby 1/35 Panther/Stug III variants) ..and built 7 kits with 3 underway.

All since February - I get a bit carried away when I start a new "thing"!

Again any help, just give a bell here and plenty to point you in right direction!
Cheers
Chris[/quote]
Ozzie21

"Keep the CA off the fingers"

On the Bench
1/35th
Italieri Panther A recovery, Dragon Jagdpanzer IV A-O,

1/48th Tamiya Me109 E-3, Airfix Supercat Coyote, Tamiya F-16,
Hasegawa Harrier GR7, Hobby Boss Me262
becsta
Private
Private
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by becsta »

Well, lets see - what's hiding in my stash?

Hiding, quite literally:

Image

Conveniently hidden away in a drawer, so the old man doesn't see it.

I didn't realise how big the complete model was until I got it home, and wondered where on earth it'll be placed once built!
User avatar
Panzerwolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Panzerwolf »

Wow, the Zugkraftwagen looks really nice. The Sturmgeschütz, I was thinking about buying it too. If you do a WIP thread, I'll definitely be watching it! :th:
WIP
Tristar PzKpfw 38 (t) Ausf. G
Hobby Boss T-40 Soviet Light Tank
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by mannloon »

Image

My small armor stash. Not sure when I'll get to start my next (second) dragon kit, still "finishing" 10 or so Tamiya kits. These 10 Dragon kits were all bought in the last month or two. Developing an addiction I think. had to stop myself from buying 3 more on ebay today.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by mannloon »

I am not looking forward to the tracks. Only ever done sprue indie-links once (tamiya Sturmtiger) but those were large and relatively easy to work with. Looking forward to the Haubitze though.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”