antena wire

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Tomtom12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 pm

antena wire

Post by Tomtom12 »

what does every body use for antenna wire on 1/48 and 1/32 scale aircraft.
.
User avatar
MerseyTrainz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Wirral, Merseyside, UK
Great Britain

Re: antena wire

Post by MerseyTrainz »

Hi, if your in the UK try...

EZ Line - Rigging Thread Black - Fine (0.075mm) or EZ Line - Rigging Thread Black - Heavy (0.15mm)

from http://www.modelsrgo.co.uk/building-acc ... lding.html

Hope this helps...
Best regards... Stephen (MerseyTrainz)

On the Bench... Tamiya 1/35 British Army Chieftain Mk.5 Military Model Tank (35068), Tamiya 1/35 US Army M3 Stuart Light Tank - WW2 (35042)
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: antena wire

Post by rodrant »

Hi ,

also and like MerseyTrainz mention use EZ Line Heavy one (0.15 mm) for 1/48 and 1/32 , the Fine I use for 1/72 scale , bought also from ModelsRgo , it is resistant and easy to apply in my opinion .Very good Stuff ! Oh and I'm for Portugal , the guys from ModelsRgo ship to Europe also , fast delivery and no issues .
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: antena wire

Post by Nige201980 »

I tend to to use the wife's hair just have to ask nicely or I get a punch for just plucking it out. :jd:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
Tomtom12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: antena wire

Post by Tomtom12 »

Thanks for the replies every body don't think the wife will wont me pulling her hair out lol
.
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: antena wire

Post by chief5437 »

Nige201980 wrote:I tend to to use the wife's hair just have to ask nicely or I get a punch for just plucking it out. :jd:
Lol!

How did the hair work out for you? I tried it, and found that it would go tight or slack depending on room temperature!?
Chief
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: antena wire

Post by Nige201980 »

chief5437 wrote:
Nige201980 wrote:I tend to to use the wife's hair just have to ask nicely or I get a punch for just plucking it out. :jd:
Lol!

How did the hair work out for you? I tried it, and found that it would go tight or slack depending on room temperature!?
It seams to be holding up at the moment but it's only been a couple of months so over time it may distort.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
Tomtom12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: antena wire

Post by Tomtom12 »

What colour hair do I use can't recall seeing any 109 with ginger coloured antenna
.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”