D Day build questions

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
robertw
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:36 am
Location: West Virginia, USA

D Day build questions

Post by robertw »

The D Day build is coming up quickly and I was browsing a site that had some info on what types of vehicles and such things were used on D Day. Two particular things caught my interest. M4 High-Speed Tractor and the 155 mm M1 "Long Tom" gun. Before I go and drop nearly $100 (that's like what 50-ish in Euro/British bucks?) I want to make sure everything is kosher and that the build subjects are acceptable. According to this website both the M4 Tractor and the Long Tom gun were used on D Day: http://www.dday-overlord.com/eng/material.htm

Thanks!
I build bad models so you can feel good about yourself! :th:
User avatar
gaz45
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Location: Nottingham uk
Great Britain

Re: D Day build questions

Post by gaz45 »

I found that site also that's where i got my ideas from :th:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: D Day build questions

Post by Paul »

We are in discussions to finalise the d day rules once we know whats what we will let you guys know :thumb2:
User avatar
Apple
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:30 am
Location: Krommenie, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: D Day build questions

Post by Apple »

Well, i got my entry sorted out :D
Hakuna matata. :D
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”