1/35 scale Suggestions

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
KalebBeard
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 am
Location: Indiana, USA

1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by KalebBeard »

Hello! I am Looking for suggestions for my next model project, I want to work on a 1/35 scale AFV with a skill level not extremely difficult, I have been reading reviews and what not on Armorama, and I like the look of Zvezda so far! :pistols:
Tanks Are My Life
On bench: Tamiya Chi Ha
S.A.F.S Snowman
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by ForbesHutton »

There's all sorts of options for Panthers and Jagdpanthers, and a group build for them starting June 1st....
Image
trekfanj
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
United States of America

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by trekfanj »

It seems a lot of people love to hate on Zvezda, but I don't think their stuff is as bad as everyone says.
So I say, go for it!
Academy's a good brand, too; Tamiya, though expensive, is very good also.
Trumpeter and HobbyBoss make some pretty good kits, but there's always a fit problem somewhere; it never fails.
Hope this helped a little.
Jarod

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson



On the bench
Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando Calrissian version
User avatar
Nige99
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:53 pm
Location: Wrexham North Wales

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by Nige99 »

In my opinion if your new to afv armour I'd go for Tamiya. They go together really well and the instructions are really easy to follow.

Zvesda, revell and academy are a bit tricky to put together on times and require a bit of filling.
You can run, but you'll only die tired!
User avatar
KalebBeard
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 am
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by KalebBeard »

Hey thanks Guys, I have tried to build revell before and yeah they can require filler, Tamiya is nice too, I have built several of their kits as well, never Academy or Zvezda, Trumpeter before though
Tanks Are My Life
On bench: Tamiya Chi Ha
S.A.F.S Snowman
User avatar
rsrdevon
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm
Location: Janesville,Wisconsin

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by rsrdevon »

Tamiya is usually a safe bet for ease of build. Not over complicated in construction or instructions. Can be pricy sometimes. But if you shop around you can get deals.
User avatar
Panzerwolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by Panzerwolf »

Some of Tamiya's older kits aren't that nice and not that detailed. Trumpeter often has great kits, no bad experience for me so far there. Lots of people hate zvezda, but their kits are relatively cheap and easy to build, so I'd go for that.
WIP
Tristar PzKpfw 38 (t) Ausf. G
Hobby Boss T-40 Soviet Light Tank
User avatar
NAMBiohazard
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:21 pm
Location: Windhoek, Namibia

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by NAMBiohazard »

This is what I usually do....
find a kit that you fancy, go check out the reviews on the web, and check the number of sprues / parts in the kit.
The reviews helps to avoid the kits with fit problems
Some of the older Trumpeter kits have allot of pin marks so it also depends on how much repairs you wan to do.

Hope this helps
Keep the glue on the Sprue

Bjorn
RobertK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:49 pm
Location: Sweden
Sweden

Re: 1/35 scale Suggestions

Post by RobertK »

If you don't know what to build I can recommend any of the KV-series by Trumpeter, I built one of them and it was really great, and it was really cheap. The other ones are supposed to be of equal quality.
I'm quite impressed with trumpeter, they seem to do rather good kits nowadays. I'm not sure how accurate the kits are but the fit is great and amount of flash is minimal.
:banana:
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”