I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

I seem to have lost my M.O.J.O (Modeling Obsession Joyfully Operational) in the last couple of weeks and have been completely non-productive except for watching builds and commenting. I hope it returns soon, baby...yeahhhhh! :(
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by Paul »

Built something you never normally would
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Paul wrote:Built something you never normally would
For a while I've been thinking about building a Bondage Dungeon, but we don't have a basement?! :tongue:
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
moi196872
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Longueuil, Québec, Canada

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by moi196872 »

Build something without worrying about all the little details, just to get you back in the groove. Little glue, little paint, decals and voilà all done. No AM or anything like PE, just what is in the box.
Stéphane Viens
"From the Belle Province"

ON THE WORKBENCH
User avatar
Lego
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Ireland
Ireland

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by Lego »

Consuming copious amounts of beer can help. Ok, not to model but other stuff. You may find the wardrobe a nicer place to sleep or if you consume enough the use of wife's boots as opposed to toilet. When wife eats you alive one hides in bunker and resorts back to hobby instantaneously with devotion never seen before.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

moi196872 wrote:Build something without worrying about all the little details, just to get you back in the groove. Little glue, little paint, decals and voilà all done. No AM or anything like PE, just what is in the box.
I could try that, but I'll have to order something and wait for it to arrive, in which time, I might have got my MOJO back, or got bored waiting that I'm not excited about it when it arrives.?! ;)~

I blame my wife for distracting me with her recent choice of attire during this warm spell we're finally seeing :whistle:
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Lego wrote:Consuming copious amounts of beer can help. Ok, not to model but other stuff. You may find the wardrobe a nicer place to sleep or if you consume enough the use of wife's boots as opposed to toilet. When wife eats you alive one hides in bunker and resorts back to hobby instantaneously with devotion never seen before.
Hmm....this sounds rather plausible....I do have a 1.75liter bottle of Jack Daniels?! :)
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by schweinhund227 »

Clean your Hobby room ... Sort your stash (if you have one) sorts you paints and clean your tools... Create a perfect place to enjoy your hobby and
you might spot something that calls your name ! Get rid of Dead projects that sucks your Energy and won't amount to anything... Start fresh !

and yes... Drink a beer or two ! :cheers2: :wtf:
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

schweinhund227 wrote:Clean your Hobby room ... Sort your stash (if you have one) sorts you paints and clean your tools... Create a perfect place to enjoy your hobby and
you might spot something that calls your name ! Get rid of Dead projects that sucks your Energy and won't amount to anything... Start fresh !

and yes... Drink a beer or two ! :cheers2: :wtf:
Unfortunately, I don't have a hobby room, just the dining table, which is nicely polished and fresh smelling of Pledge. My stash consists of the three still packaged models in my list below, and my tool kit and paints amount to two shoe boxes! I'm a minimalist by nature and educated and certified in "Lean Manufacturing Principles" which is working against me in my choice of hobby!!

Maybe, I'll just drink...it's a warm day....a stroll to the local bar for a few bevvies!

But thanks for the suggestions!

Cheers, :cheers2: :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Radzy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by Radzy »

Mate, it happens. I think, soooner or later every one of us must go through it...

I lost mine somewhere in January... the effect is I already missed 3 ISM group builds / countless gbs on yt...
But the life goes on, I just decided to go small steps forwards. I go to mancave do simple things until I have strength within. One day it;s only two parts glued, the other constructing whole planes and making it ready for priming. It's just the matter of persuading yourself .. go there, go to the bench... smell the glue, you'll be fine :D

Don't worry, it'll be back ;-)
WIP:
Tamiya 1:72 F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage
----------------------
My Portfolio
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
Desertfish
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:25 pm
Location: West Vlaanderen - Belgium

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by Desertfish »

UKguyInUSA wrote:
Paul wrote:Built something you never normally would
For a while I've been thinking about building a Bondage Dungeon, but we don't have a basement?! :tongue:
How about an bondage loft...?
User avatar
LudvigN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by LudvigN »

Watching movies or series with cool subjects always get my mojo flowin! For example, Band of Brothers, Top Gun, Black Hawk down
Ludvig :cheers2:

On the bench:
Airfix 1/72 A-4 Skyhawk
Italeri EH-101 Merlin HAS.1 (Whirlybird SIG)

Last one finished:
Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Gallery
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Radzy wrote:Mate, it happens. I think, soooner or later every one of us must go through it...

I lost mine somewhere in January... the effect is I already missed 3 ISM group builds / countless gbs on yt...
But the life goes on, I just decided to go small steps forwards. I go to mancave do simple things until I have strength within. One day it;s only two parts glued, the other constructing whole planes and making it ready for priming. It's just the matter of persuading yourself .. go there, go to the bench... smell the glue, you'll be fine :D

Don't worry, it'll be back ;-)
Oh, I hope so Radzy, I hope so....
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by martin57 »

i no what its like , iam just getting mine back , after a long time this site and its members has helped me a lot , hope you get it back soon :cheers2:
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by rodrant »

Hi Martin ,

Maybe and I was reading your thread , why not to find in your house some space where you can do your work site , a desk on some 'fogotten' space but where you can have your 'own' space for the Hobby .

Or try to build something different ... a tank for example , I'm going to do it :th:

or the Jack Daniels , or the Bondage Place ... :lol:

And do not forget , this is a Hobby ...I believe it isnn' mandatory to build every day and every night , if you fell that you need to make some time , do it , then when you return you will find it more pleaseant !
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by Joesdad »

Martin mate just sit back and chill baby :whistle:
Just because your not building at the mo dosn't mean we don't love you....
Seriously, I reckon if keep checking out vids, checking in here you'll soon be back on the horse...



Ps beer helps...
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Desertfish wrote:
UKguyInUSA wrote:
Paul wrote:Built something you never normally would
For a while I've been thinking about building a Bondage Dungeon, but we don't have a basement?! :tongue:
How about an bondage loft...?
No loft either, I'm afraid. :(
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Daishi12
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:25 pm
Location: Mountain Ash, South Wales
Wales

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by Daishi12 »

Hi mate, you might want to try a slightly different approach; instead of thinking "I've got to finish this kit/project/GB/SIG/Bondage boudoir, what have you. Grab a camera, go out and take a few pictures of landscapes, vehicles, ships, planes, sporting events to give a bit of inspiration as to weathering, settings for builds, dioramas, vignettes etc. You may find that something will pop into your head and you'll get the light-bulb flash of "I'm going to build this. Hopefully something will come to you fairly soon and you'll be able get back into the swing of things.

Have no fear though mate, I'm sure that we've all gone through similar inspiration droughts, and when we've come back we've all been better for it.
W.I.P.

Revell 1/72 P-47M
Airfix 1/72 Bristol F2B Fighter

Technical Consultation for MrsModellor :- Tamiya 1/35 S.A.S. Pink Panther
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

LudvigN wrote:Watching movies or series with cool subjects always get my mojo flowin! For example, Band of Brothers, Top Gun, Black Hawk down

I do have a DVD of "The Battle of Britain"...my all time favorite military themed movie, and it has been a while since I watched it....maybe 3 years?!! Hmmm....maybe this is the answer?!

Thanks for the suggestion, Ludvig!

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

martin57 wrote:i no what its like , iam just getting mine back , after a long time this site and its members has helped me a lot , hope you get it back soon :cheers2:

I hope so, too, Martin!

It didn't happen today......

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

rodrant wrote:Hi Martin ,

Maybe and I was reading your thread , why not to find in your house some space where you can do your work site , a desk on some 'fogotten' space but where you can have your 'own' space for the Hobby .

Or try to build something different ... a tank for example , I'm going to do it :th:

or the Jack Daniels , or the Bondage Place ... :lol:

And do not forget , this is a Hobby ...I believe it isnn' mandatory to build every day and every night , if you fell that you need to make some time , do it , then
when you return you will find it more pleaseant !

Hello Antonio....the Jack Daniels didn't work, there's no room for a Bondage Dungeon, and there's no space, except for the dining table to do any modeling at.
I need to go buy a larger house that has a nice big spare room for constructing a Modeling Man Cave like Paul's!

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
FishBowlMan
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Kidderminster, England

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by FishBowlMan »

UKguyInUSA wrote:I do have a DVD of "The Battle of Britain"...my all time favorite military themed movie, and it has been a while since I watched it....maybe 3 years?!! Hmmm....maybe this is the answer?!
That one worked for me. Work and other stuff caught up with me, but they showed this film a week or so back here in the UK. Watched it, and I'm back in the saddle! :banana:
John

On the bench:

Tamiya 1/35 SAS Jeep, 1/35 BMW R75, 1/35 Pzkpfw III Ausf M/N
MiniArt 1/35 Bantam 40 BRC British Staff Car
Hasegawa 1/48 P-51D, originally for D-Day GB
Hobbyboss 1/35 Pzkpfw I ausf F

There is no room inside a box!
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Joesdad wrote:Martin mate just sit back and chill baby :whistle:
Just because your not building at the mo dosn't mean we don't love you....
Seriously, I reckon if keep checking out vids, checking in here you'll soon be back on the horse...



Ps beer helps...
Hello Father of Joe,

I chilled today... poured a tall glass of Jack Daniel on the rocks, fell asleep on the couch, woke up and made dinner for the wife and I....then.....I tore the wrapping off the model that I want to build next- Hasegawa 1/48 Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b for the D-Day build. I looked at the instructions, checked out the decals, removed the sprues from their bags.....caressed that styrene...nice delicate recessed panel lines and rivets...zero flash on the parts...crystal clear canopies...detailed wheel wells....and then....I started to get an itch....I wanted to bathe those parts in readiness for a covering of paint. It's now 10.25pm here in the USA on a Friday night...too late to start anything, except with my wife, but let's see what happens tomorrow....will the paint and the Airbrush come out of the closet?!

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by Joesdad »

That's my boy! ;)
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: I've lost my M.O.J.O baby, yeahhhh......

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Daishi12 wrote:Hi mate, you might want to try a slightly different approach; instead of thinking "I've got to finish this kit/project/GB/SIG/Bondage boudoir, what have you. Grab a camera, go out and take a few pictures of landscapes, vehicles, ships, planes, sporting events to give a bit of inspiration as to weathering, settings for builds, dioramas, vignettes etc. You may find that something will pop into your head and you'll get the light-bulb flash of "I'm going to build this. Hopefully something will come to you fairly soon and you'll be able get back into the swing of things.

Have no fear though mate, I'm sure that we've all gone through similar inspiration droughts, and when we've come back we've all been better for it.
I just wish there was a good Air Force Museum close by here, but there isn't. The closest to New Hampshire, USA are in the States of Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island and New York. There not like a short trip in he car to make a good day trip, like when I lived in England; there were so many museums I could visit in a day trip, with short drives. Just to see some war birds up close and personal would get the juices flowing me thinks!

But, thanks for all the suggestions, mate! :)

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”