Painting digital camo

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
ChrisV
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:57 am

Painting digital camo

Post by ChrisV »

Anybody have a good way to paint digital camo on a 1/35 scale figure? I've seen some people use decals and templates, but there has got to be a better way.

Thanks
Chris
User avatar
Lego
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Ireland
Ireland

Re: Painting digital camo

Post by Lego »

Your mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVFtFa4M8n4


I say again your mad to do this :crazy:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
robertw
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:36 am
Location: West Virginia, USA

Re: Painting digital camo

Post by robertw »

Lego wrote:Your mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVFtFa4M8n4


I say again your mad to do this :crazy:
It's complicated enough to do that on a flat piece of plastic let alone a figure. Is it even possible? I'd like to see somebody try it though
I build bad models so you can feel good about yourself! :th:
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Painting digital camo

Post by schweinhund227 »

I don't know how you could do that on a 1/35th ... ?
without using Decals...

ppl fudge it with paints... and with various degree of success...
but those decals... are getting better and better each year.

Small ... very small patches of decals are needed...
you don't want to try to Manipulate larger than
a few cm at the time... and over lapping disappears
in the process !

I would use really Warm water to really soften the medium and
allow it to conform to the uniform details...

Give it another chance !

:thumb2:

You take care and I hope someone
leads you to a better answer .... ?
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”