decals

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
johnpd
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Merseyside

decals

Post by johnpd »

afternoon peeps. question : what decal solutions are best to use?
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: decals

Post by Paul »

I like micro set and sol, but am going to be trying the mr hobby ones soon
johnpd
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Merseyside

Re: decals

Post by johnpd »

Paul wrote:I like micro set and sol, but am going to be trying the mr hobby ones soon
looked on loads of site for the micro set and sol but sold out everywhere. will have a look at the mr hobby. cheers pal :cheers2:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: decals

Post by Paul »

johnpd wrote:
Paul wrote:I like micro set and sol, but am going to be trying the mr hobby ones soon
looked on loads of site for the micro set and sol but sold out everywhere. will have a look at the mr hobby. cheers pal :cheers2:
Ask tim at value kits, he should be able to get it for you mate
johnpd
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Merseyside

Re: decals

Post by johnpd »

Paul wrote:
johnpd wrote:
Paul wrote:I like micro set and sol, but am going to be trying the mr hobby ones soon
looked on loads of site for the micro set and sol but sold out everywhere. will have a look at the mr hobby. cheers pal :cheers2:
Ask tim at value kits, he should be able to get it for you :thumb2:
mate
will do that now. thanks pal. off work this week so going to stuck into the p47 thunderbolt :thumb2:
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: decals

Post by UKguyInUSA »

I always use this: http://chicagolandtoysandhobbies.com/So ... 7AodZzcAug

When I lived in the UK I used the Microsol and Microset solutions, but they don't compare to this, IMHO.

I've built 8 models to date, this year, since getting back into modelling and I've watched videos of other peoples builds wherein they have complained about the decals being a real pain in the you know what on the same models that I have built, but I didn't have issues. They had cracking, silvering, wrinkling etc, but I didn't experience anything like that....fortunately. One model in particular that I've heard a few people complain about is the Tamiya 1/48 Royal Navy Sea Harrier FRS1, complaining that the roundels on the sides of the aircraft don't go down well, that they are too thick and glossy, that they crack or crease. I had no problems, they went on as easy as applying to a flat surface?!

If you go to my youtube channel and look at any of my builds, the decals look painted on...no silvering anywhere.

I don't know whether "Walthers" is available in the UK....but I'd never use anything else.

Hope this is helpful?

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Sean
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:33 am
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

Re: decals

Post by Sean »

If you can`t find micro sol & micro set anywhere else (I tried a couple of weeks ago and every online shop I went to was sold out)

I did find a shop on ebay in the UK that have it in stock now and sent it out no problem, the ebay user name was Kitlady and the shop is an actual shop in Preston called Transport Models Ltd.

The ebay link for the shop is

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/transportmodelsofpreston/

Just throwing it out there :)
"Don`t mac me off like a two bob" - Sean Pertwee
Image
johnpd
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Merseyside

Re: decals

Post by johnpd »

cheers of that peeps. will have a look
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”