Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Cars, trucks and bikes
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

LWWales wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Hawkmoon wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:26 am :th: :clap: :clap: Very nice work and she's looking good from here :thumb2: :clap: :clap:
Thank you! :cheers2:
jchrisf wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:18 pm Oh yeah Luke, it is coming together now and looking great! One of the best liveries on a motorcycle I've seen.
I do like it, though my favourite was the old vibrant '92 GSX-R like these
Image

I'd love to build one!
Image
And very 80s! I love it.
Image
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by barryf1fan »

LWWales wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:09 am Well today was a milestone! Got the wheels on and she stands on her own two feet!
Image
Image
Image

Could help but dress her up a bit and take some glamour shots!
Image
Image
Image
Image

I also just love that airbox!
Image
Image

I'm really enjoying seeing this come together. I feel I'm doing better than the last build!

Thanks for looking in! :banana:
Luke, this is freakin' beautiful!! :clap:

Image
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

The meme game seems to have stepped up a couple notches recently :think: :scratch::
Awesome :thumb1:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Thanks guys! You all rock!

Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by digger303 »

:th: :th: :clap: :clap: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:30 am The meme game seems to have stepped up a couple notches recently :think: :scratch::
Awesome :thumb1:
Image
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Started painting the fairings, inspired by @Gary30

Image

Scary as he'll using the Zero Paints again, but comes out of the Apex lovely!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

Those came out great!
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Hawkmoon »

:th: :th: Very nice result on the paintwork and looking good :thumb2: :thumb2:
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Bdiddy »

Great job Luke, panels looks stunning! How’d you find the zero paints, I’m pretty sure we spoke a while back about your bad experience with them, I’ve just got my first batch of them delivered yesterday, I’ll be using them on my next build and scared is an understatement lol
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Gary30 »

Looking good mate! Careful masking the red now, the side fairings are fiddly, particularly around the air vents
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

jchrisf wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:37 pm Those came out great!
Hawkmoon wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 am :th: :th: Very nice result on the paintwork and looking good :thumb2: :thumb2:
Thanks both got the red to do next!
Bdiddy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:42 am Great job Luke, panels looks stunning! How’d you find the zero paints, I’m pretty sure we spoke a while back about your bad experience with them, I’ve just got my first batch of them delivered yesterday, I’ll be using them on my next build and scared is an understatement lol
They weren't so bad this time, I did have to do A LOT of coats to get close to the colour I needed, but I was spraying it on very thin. Think I done about 8 passes. It's on top of 4 coats of Ultimate primer and 3 coats of LP2 White.

I haven checked on them today, but there was no issues before bed last night! :banana:

I just suggest taking your time!
Gary30 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:57 am Looking good mate! Careful masking the red now, the side fairings are fiddly, particularly around the air vents
Thanks mate, shall do! I did make a bit of a boo boo and there's ever so slight overspray that came through the back if the vents, being white lacquer on white primer, I may try and get it of with some super fine sandpaper.
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Bdiddy »

Bdiddy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:42 am Great job Luke, panels looks stunning! How’d you find the zero paints, I’m pretty sure we spoke a while back about your bad experience with them, I’ve just got my first batch of them delivered yesterday, I’ll be using them on my next build and scared is an understatement lol
LWWales wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:12 am They weren't so bad this time, I did have to do A LOT of coats to get close to the colour I needed, but I was spraying it on very thin. Think I done about 8 passes. It's on top of 4 coats of Ultimate primer and 3 coats of LP2 White.

I haven checked on them today, but there was no issues before bed last night! :banana:

I just suggest taking your time!
Sweet mate, thanks for the heads up!
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Fairings almost all painted up! Got to do the insides. Should probably be doing that first :shifty:

Image

Sitting here for the night now. The 2 year has just gone to bed and is always the first up, so out of reach, haha!

Image

The red looks alright in the photo, though in real life looks too pink and fluro imho. But I'll leave as is for now
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
Gavlaaar
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
England

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Gavlaaar »

The Repsol colours look spot on to me. Nice work :clap:
On the bench: Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki Hayabusa and Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha R1M 20th Anniversary edition

Up next: Tamiya 1/12 Konica Minolta RC211
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

Nailed it!
Image
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Gavlaaar wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 pm The Repsol colours look spot on to me. Nice work :clap:
Thanks man! Maybe it's just because I've been staring at them all day, haha.
jchrisf wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 pm Nailed it!
Image
Thanks dude!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Hawkmoon »

:thumb2: :thumb2: All looking good and nice paint work :thumb2: :thumb2:
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Got the fairings painted and decals down! I don't know if it was just my decals, but these did not like any solution anywhere near them. The cracked and gummed up. Lucky I had spares!

There's a few little bits to detail paint, though these will be cleared this evening! :banana:

Image
Image
Image

Thanks for looking in guys!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Looking good :th: the decals just brings everything to life :banana:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Bdiddy »

Wow that’s looking top notch mate! I keep looking at that last pic & thinking what the hell is that tattoo on your hand :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Bdiddy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:00 am Wow that’s looking top notch mate! I keep looking at that last pic & thinking what the hell is that tattoo on your hand :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

It's from when I was an apprentice tattoo artist. The studio was Port Talbot Tattoo studio and it opened on the 13th. This little PT13 was one of the logos they used often. Staff would have it, if they wanted it on their hand and them close friends or people who were regulars could have it to, like a little family... Or a cult... :lol:

Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Bdiddy »

LWWales wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 am
Bdiddy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:00 am Wow that’s looking top notch mate! I keep looking at that last pic & thinking what the hell is that tattoo on your hand :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

It's from when I was an apprentice tattoo artist. The studio was Port Talbot Tattoo studio and it opened on the 13th. This little PT13 was one of the logos they used often. Staff would have it, if they wanted it on their hand and them close friends or people who were regulars could have it to, like a little family... Or a cult... :lol:

Image
Hahaha that’s an awesome idea!
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Well, got the Clear down! I used X22 since 2K is nasty and I don't want to spray it in my spare room, unfortunately.

Got a light sanding and polish, too, so its got a bit if shine!

It's not the best finish, but I was using lacquer thinner and didn't want to go too much since the decals for this kit were brittle. The 93 did start to react and the middle started raising, but I left it sit and it flattened back out :banana:

Image
Image

Little mock up of the back end with the exhaust in, too.

Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

That looks great Luke.. I like how you mocked it up too! If you are a tattoo artist you have real skills.
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

jchrisf wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm That looks great Luke.. I like how you mocked it up too! If you are a tattoo artist you have real skills.
Thanks mate! Was in the local hobby shop and spotted those metal rods I used at the bottom of the tank fairing, 15 for 30p, I knew I'd use them for something!

I was briefly, though it sucked the fun out of drawing for me. I no longer drew as something a fancied, it was something I had to do, so I knocked it on the head!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Oh that’s some dancing bananas worth

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Gavlaaar
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
England

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Gavlaaar »

Looking forward to seeing this one complete :clap:
On the bench: Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki Hayabusa and Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha R1M 20th Anniversary edition

Up next: Tamiya 1/12 Konica Minolta RC211
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:48 pm Oh that’s some dancing bananas worth

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Crikey there's some 'nanas! :lol:

Thanks man!
Gavlaaar wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:03 pm Looking forward to seeing this one complete :clap:
All that's left is painting the electricals, a little CF decalling and loads and loads of wiring!

Thanks for looking in!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Bdiddy »

Looking great mate!
Image
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Gary30 »

Looking sweet Luke! I got my decals down too, they're a decent test aren't they! :eeek: Considering there isn't really THAT many of them, took me ages to get them all down and lined up properly, the blue stripes are tough.

Looking at yours makes me wish I'd got some detail up sets now :wall: I just can't justify the additional costs when I can get whole new kits for the same price, I need a lottery win :think:

This will come together quickly now you've got all the fairings done, looking forward to seeing it :cheers2:
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Bdiddy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:16 am Looking great mate!
Image
Thanks dude! :thumb1:
Gary30 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:10 am Looking sweet Luke! I got my decals down too, they're a decent test aren't they! :eeek: Considering there isn't really THAT many of them, took me ages to get them all down and lined up properly, the blue stripes are tough.

Looking at yours makes me wish I'd got some detail up sets now :wall: I just can't justify the additional costs when I can get whole new kits for the same price, I need a lottery win :think:

This will come together quickly now you've got all the fairings done, looking forward to seeing it :cheers2:
Yeah those decals were not fun, as you can tell by looking, I have a few issues, hopefully I can sort them later...

I'm just far too impulsive for my own good! I see a detail set for a kit I have and I'm like.. Well.. If I must! :lol: :lol:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Been plugging away at the wiring and electronics. (Pun definitely intended!)

Been slow since I've been working silly shifts and playing a bit too much COD Warzone before or after work :whistle:

Image
Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

Looking awesome Luke! I used to love COD but haven't played in a while. I've got a nice gaming pc so I need to try it again sometime. Do you play on PC?
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

jchrisf wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:06 pm Looking awesome Luke! I used to love COD but haven't played in a while. I've got a nice gaming pc so I need to try it again sometime. Do you play on PC?
Thanks mate!

I play on Xbox, but the next COD is corssplay enabled so Xbox, PlayStation and PC can all play together!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

I have seen a picture of her with her fairings on :o :shock: :banana:
Just sayin :tongue:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:18 pm I have seen a picture of her with her fairings on :o :shock: :banana:
Just sayin :tongue:
You mean this little mock up? :thumb1:

Image
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by BigWall »

It's looking great! I love your exhaust pipes.
Joe

Image
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Bdiddy »

LWWales wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:40 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:18 pm I have seen a picture of her with her fairings on :o :shock: :banana:
Just sayin :tongue:
You mean this little mock up? :thumb1:

Image
:o :o :o :o
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Thanks guys! Doing the wiring bit by bit so I don't lose my head, hahah!

One thing I will say, if you followed my previous build, I was having issues with the wiring. I would need to bend it and test fit over and over to get the right shape, because the CA wouldn't hold well.

I've upped my CA game this build, I spent 9 quid on a tube of Rocket CA gel and it HOLDS. I can glue one end in and fine tune the bends without the wire coming off the other end and it's made it 10 times quicker, easier and enjoyable!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Been a little while. I got a little annoyed with it and I was going to leave it and start another kit, so I put the fairings on, took some photos and popped it on the shelf.

Image
Image

Buuut I had a day off and we had a big thunderstorm and I think it 'sparked' something in me and I really wanted to crack on, so I'm now almost done!

Image
Image
Image
Image

A little further on than in the photos now, too! Just have to build and pop on the foot pegs and go around with PE bolts and what not. Should be finished by this evening! :banana: :banana:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

Awesome Luke!
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

jchrisf wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:00 pm Awesome Luke!
Thanks mate!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Fantastic work
Such great details👍🏻😎
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by BigWall »

Absolutely sweet! The wiring is amazing.
Joe

Image
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:22 pm Fantastic work
Such great details👍🏻😎
Thanks man!
BigWall wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:28 pm Absolutely sweet! The wiring is amazing.
Thank you! It was a little overwhelming 😂
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by Bdiddy »

Awesome job Luke, you’re killing it bro! You’ve got some patience managing all that wiring lol
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

I'm calling this one done! :dance:

I just need to make a stand for the fairings, nothing fancy, just some bendy metal.

Tomorrow I'll be getting the good camera out, taking some nice photos and getting a reveal thread up!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Thanks for looking in guys! 😃
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by LWWales »

Bdiddy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:57 pm Awesome job Luke, you’re killing it bro! You’ve got some patience managing all that wiring lol
Thanks dude! I did have to have a day off :roll: :lol:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
jchrisf
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, FL
United States of America

Re: Honda RC213V #93 - 1/12 Tamiya.

Post by jchrisf »

Oh yeah, that looks awesome Luke!
Image
Chris

Previous Build: Revell Joey Saldana Sprint Car

Current Build: Monogram Frank Iaconio Chevy Camero Pro-Stock

Next Build: ?
Post Reply

Return to “Road Vehicles”