Page 3 of 6

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:39 am
by RangerNeil
Stokesy44 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm Good to see this moving along. Us armor boys have got to stick together to ward off the anti-iron brotherhood
Is there such a thing?? Can people be THAT suicidal?? :twisted: :twisted:

Kimchi - I remember that - tried it once. And only once. The smell had me gagging but the guy responsible insisted we try it as it tasted better than it smelt. He lied. Oh my gawd how he lied!! Talk about projectile vomit... Never - EVER - again!! :shock: :shock:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 am
by Donkeywalloper
Good morning all you lovely people

Hope you, you’re families are all Tickity Boo and keeping well in these weird and odd times?

So lets crack on with the latest updates from planet DW. Apologies for lateness of post (I normally do them on Monday, but with Pupils back at school in UK, its been an absolute hellish week at work :bash: ).

A delivery from www.emodels.co.uk last week of the following. AK Brass tubes, some Mr Hobby, Cement SP (Black, which I have seen being used by many modellers now, and fancied trying), plus a pot of Mr Hobby, Mr Color, 42 (Mahogany) as I can’t for the life of me find my Bakelite colour for German Hand-Tools :wall: .
Image
Image
Image
Image
I also had a delivery from www.scalemodelshop.co.uk of some VMS Modelling Paper to be used in conjunction with the VMS Paper Shaper (this is forward thinking if the Sprue E fiasco doesn’t resolve and I start making Tarps).
Image
Mrs DW sits down on Thursday, across from my Lap-Top (working from home), and gets out (steady :nena: ), the Christmas present I gave her. She puts the Cutting Mat on table (always a good start), and then unpacks the Meng Model / Pinky Tools kit.
Image
Image
She then opens the Meng Model M4A1 Sherman Pinky World War Toon and stares in the box, before looking up at me from across the table (I can see, but choose to snigger :D inside, whilst staring at my screen), her look of complete confusion.
“What do I do”?
“You do realise sweetheart, I’m working at present”?
“Well yes, but you could just get me started then I’ll be as quite as a mouse”
So, a brief description ensues, and to be honest, as we experienced Modellers realise, its like riding a bike or falling out of a tree, easy to us experienced modellers, but a little disconcerting to the Virgin Modeller and damn right naive :D . I suddenly realised, how many stages we take for granted are involved if you have never built a Plastic Model or any model in your life. I suppose its harder still, if you have no real interest in Military history or what you are building.
I showed her how to nip the parts of the Sprue and the Dry-Fit and apply TET (didn’t really need much TET as it snapped together quite well. Mrs DW found it quite childish and amusing to shout out the word “Bogie” once I told her what part she was building. Childish but she does make me giggle :lol: .
Image
The humour though seemed to disappear as she stared at the Instruction Pamphlet with a look that all of us Modellers at some point must have on our faces, yet nobody takes an image of that look, of “What the £@*&^%$ is that, and where the $%^&”@ is it supposed to go”? I sat sniggering to myself, but in the end had to lean over her shoulder and orientate the parts she had built (Lower Tub), into how it looked in Instructions.
Image
This is when we got to two small pieces that were perfect food for the Carpet Monster. I showed her how to carefully remove them so they didn’t ping off into the ether, and this is her proud completion of sticking two little parts (Towing Brackets) on Rear Plate.
Image
Image
The couple who model together will probably divorce at this rate. Seriously, the Girl did good for a first time of trying to build a Plastic Model. The main thing is she really enjoyed it. That’s a good thing eh!
Having spent some moments of giggling and laughing, it was time for a spot of exercise and what better exercise than a walk along the Riverside walk (Trent), and feeding the ducks and Swans with bread. This flock of Swans was on one side of the Trent when we started. By the time they had tasted Mrs DW “Sunblessed” (type of Bread), they were assaulting Mrs DW, she hurled the bag at me and ran off.
Image
Image
On the Friday, I treated the Front Lawn to a Moss-Killer, that within an hour, left it Black and looking very unhappy. The problem with our Front Lawn is these Triffids.
[Image
Image
They block the Sun and cause patches and patches of Moss. This treatment came highly recommended in reviews and by Saturday, and with a lot of Scarifying of Lawn (3hrs), all the Moss was removed, which filled a UK Wheelie Bin, incredible.
Image
Image
Image
But enough of all this clap-trap and non-modelling rubbish (well apart from Mrs DW), lets get on with some Panzer 1 stuff.
The first thing to do was the build of the Exhaust System. Five Part build and really lovely fit of parts. Very little gaps and the two parts of the Cylinder (P38 & P43), just need a working of Flexi File to remove join.
Image
Image
Fit was superb. You’ll notice I used some of the Mr Hobby, Cement P, Black, just to test adhesion and liquidity.
Image
I could then fit the Upper Substructure for the Turret, Dry-Fitted and the location tabs made this a breeze. For some niggling reason though, one edge would not sit fully tight against the Fender. This called for a bit of clamping to hold it in whilst glue set. Despite clamping, it still would not sit tight, so a little filling will be needed.
Image
Image
Image
Image
The rack for the Ariel was next to be constructed, and this shows yet again, some rubbish moulding on the part of Takom. These lugs were under the Fenders I commented on a post couple of weeks ago. So again, in this case, snipped off with Xacto Cutters and sanded smooth.
I could then glue the Rack into position, and the mounting bracket for Ariel on to Hull. I have left Ariel loose in case I want to display erect
Image
Image
Image
I also added the Exhaust (E3) that’s a nicely moulded ribbed moulding that needed a little delicate use of Knife Blade to remove a moulding seam without destroying the Ribbed nature of the pipe. The fit was sublime.
Image
Image
I was contemplating leaving off both the Front and Rear Mudguards 1. For easier insertion of Tracks 2. I dithered over how much damage to employ on this model i.e. bent Mudguards, missing and such. I’m going for a clean look I decided. Appropriate Weathering but not to much metal damage. Unlike a lot of models I have built where Mudguards and Fenders have caused much annoyance, warp, Filler and general merriment, these went on again with no fuss and minimal bother.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Next stage is the Turret. This comes in a one part construct and again its still surprising how big this part is in 1/16. Really nice raised details and recessed bolt and screw mouldings.
Image
I could start to add detail in the form of Turret Visors.
Image
Image
Image
As no Interior to be seen, I decided to leave off the Opening Mechanism, this was the same for the Top Hatch (C5), so all of the provided Lock Handles (E50, E41, E42) were left on Sprues.
Image
The Hinges for C5 were added.
Image
The next section was the Turret Front with its two Machine Guns. Again, at the start of this build I did dither with whether buying the Aftermarket Guns was worth it, but having had a good look at the provided Slide Moulded units, with some careful painting these are going to look great.
Image
Four parts build the front Turret Glacis up, to give you this.
Image
Now for some odd reason, and I surely don’t fathom it even now. Takom ask in instructions to remove with a sharp blade, six moulded Nuts from Sprue and add to Turret. Takom provided four bolts, so two bolts are spare Munchies provided for Carpet Monster. I just don’t understand this manufacturers ideology. They have already moulded the Nuts, Bolts and detail on, but to add spice, is that it? They wanted the Modeller to remove these moulded on Nuts and glue in locations shown on Instructions. Why? I’m sorry, this Guy does not get this.
Image
Image
You know me by now, I love a bit of Super Detailing, PE and such. This though seems pointless and unnecessary, but its just my view, what do you think chaps?
Anyway, grumble over nothing over, here is completed Turret. I think it looks good. What do you chaps think?
Image
Image
Here it is on the Upper Hull. Not bad?
Image
Image
The final piece of PE provided is the Exhaust Shroud.
Image
This was annealed and bent around Xacto Blade Handle to get shape. The tabs at top bent 45 degrees and then glued into position with C/A
Image
Here it is in position and I have given it a whack here and there for effect.
Image
So lets have a look at progress so far?
Image
It’s a very nice model for all my grumbles and digs at Takom. Worth the money and its gonna look brilliant when painted and appropriately weathered.
Mrs DW and Mr DW went for a walk in the afternoon, this was Sunday, and in the UK it was a beautiful Spring Day, and the Buds were bursting and leaves appearing on trees and shrubs. Normally we don’t show our faces on this site, and all we friends see in posts are hands, feet, the odd Tummy as it creeps into shot of something were working on. Generally though, we never show our faces like some dark satanic order keeping our faces secret.
Well, say hello to Mr and Mrs DW. After the most awful and global Pandemic, we wanted to say hello to you all. Love you all in a weird Plastic, Glue and love of Modelling way. May all of you have health, happiness and love and the continuous of this great Hobby, flourish and grow.
Image
Love and best wishes,
Mr & Mrs DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am
by Stokesy44
Brilliant thread. Love all the extra stuff on here.

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:53 am
by Kevthemodeller
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am Brilliant thread. Love all the extra stuff on here.
What he said :th:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:24 am
by RangerNeil
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am Brilliant thread. Love all the extra stuff on here.
Thirded!! 😂😂

Looking at the build it really struck me just how BIG a 1/16 T-72 would be..... I am gonna have to try it after the house move!! 😊😊

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:07 am
by Quax
agreed with above, a lovely thread and the kit is coming on superbly! :clap: :clap: I cant wait to see MrsDW with a Dragon kit :lol: :lol:

cheers

Paul

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 am
by Donkeywalloper
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am Brilliant thread. Love all the extra stuff on here.
Cheers Chap, thank you for looking in on my ramblings.
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 am
by Donkeywalloper
Kevthemodeller wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:53 am
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am Brilliant thread. Love all the extra stuff on here.
What he said :th:
:th: Kev
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:15 am
by Donkeywalloper
RangerNeil wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:24 am
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am Brilliant thread. Love all the extra stuff on here.
Thirded!! 😂😂

Looking at the build it really struck me just how BIG a 1/16 T-72 would be..... I am gonna have to try it after the house move!! 😊😊
It is remarkable how big these kits are compared to 1/72 & 1/35. I know I have mentioned it several times. This was a small tank. Its a huge bit of plastic in 1/16.
I really would love to build a larger model Tiger or a T55.
Really hope house move goes well?
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:17 am
by Donkeywalloper
Quax wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:07 am agreed with above, a lovely thread and the kit is coming on superbly! :clap: :clap: I cant wait to see MrsDW with a Dragon kit :lol: :lol:

cheers

Paul
Cheers Paul, even I don't like Dragon and Mrs DW would just hurl the kit across the room.
:th: DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:30 am
by Donkeywalloper
Major, major, major news for me.
Niki at Takom has emailed me this morning and they have a E Spure.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
No charge being levied for this Sprue, just $9 Postage from Hong Kong.
I am so made up over this.
Lots of correspondence, emails and phone calls and through persistence and some really genuinely lovely people in Customer Service, they really are star.
This is a real bonus for this kit, after my colossal ^%&$@*$~@, after a real doozer of a night, with persistent pain in my leg injury and listening to the roof almost coming off in the Gales we had last night in the UK, sometimes, sometimes God smiles on the DW.
:cheers2:
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:52 am
by digger303
Terrific ramble, great kit and it is very nice to put a face to the conversation. :th: :th:
Love those machine guns looking very sharp.
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Ps....Your definitely punching above your weight class :thumb1:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:12 pm
by digger303
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:30 am Major, major, major news for me.
Niki at Takom has emailed me this morning and they have a E Spure.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
No charge being levied for this Sprue, just $9 Postage from Hong Kong.
I am so made up over this.
Lots of correspondence, emails and phone calls and through persistence and some really genuinely lovely people in Customer Service, they really are star.
This is a real bonus for this kit, after my colossal ^%&$@*$~@, after a real doozer of a night, with persistent pain in my leg injury and listening to the roof almost coming off in the Gales we had last night in the UK, sometimes, sometimes God smiles on the DW.
:cheers2:
DW
That's great news. I like Takom even more now. Tamiya are good too but nothing for free.
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:05 pm
by Donkeywalloper
digger303 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:52 am Terrific ramble, great kit and it is very nice to put a face to the conversation. :th: :th:
Love those machine guns looking very sharp.
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Ps....Your definitely punching above your weight class :thumb1:
You know Digger, I am aren't I? 10 Years younger and she has the most broken Physically and Mentally chap ever, and she sticks through thick and thin.
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 pm
by RangerNeil
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:15 am
RangerNeil wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:24 am
Stokesy44 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am Brilliant thread. Love all the extra stuff on here.
Thirded!! 😂😂

Looking at the build it really struck me just how BIG a 1/16 T-72 would be..... I am gonna have to try it after the house move!! 😊😊
It is remarkable how big these kits are compared to 1/72 & 1/35. I know I have mentioned it several times. This was a small tank. Its a huge bit of plastic in 1/16.
I really would love to build a larger model Tiger or a T55.
Really hope house move goes well?
DW
Cheers DW. Our place is sold and the survey is being carried out on the "new" one on the 15th. We are heading from Dagenham in Essex to Bexhill on Sea. Variety of reasons for the move, main one being the safety of the wife these days. Hopefully we will be in and - more or less - settled in time for the summer Svi-Fi build and the other two group builds. First job has got to be truning the garage back into a garage. Currently its a "Studio" - I am thinking that they have plaster-boarded over the garage doors. in which case an FFR Series 3 Landie will make short work of it. :lol: :lol:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:35 am
by Donkeywalloper
RangerNeil wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 pm
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:15 am
RangerNeil wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:24 am

Thirded!! 😂😂

Looking at the build it really struck me just how BIG a 1/16 T-72 would be..... I am gonna have to try it after the house move!! 😊😊
It is remarkable how big these kits are compared to 1/72 & 1/35. I know I have mentioned it several times. This was a small tank. Its a huge bit of plastic in 1/16.
I really would love to build a larger model Tiger or a T55.
Really hope house move goes well?
DW
Cheers DW. Our place is sold and the survey is being carried out on the "new" one on the 15th. We are heading from Dagenham in Essex to Bexhill on Sea. Variety of reasons for the move, main one being the safety of the wife these days. Hopefully we will be in and - more or less - settled in time for the summer Svi-Fi build and the other two group builds. First job has got to be truning the garage back into a garage. Currently its a "Studio" - I am thinking that they have plaster-boarded over the garage doors. in which case an FFR Series 3 Landie will make short work of it. :lol: :lol:
So glad move has gone well. Moving and Bereavement are supposed to be the most stressful times of life. We moved to our current abode 3 years ago, and I'll be honest, I took a week off. Paid a considerable amount for a professional company to move us. It was fine. Some niggles but not that bad. We had big plans at first. Do this, pull that out, new Kitchen / Bathroom. After three years and some decorating and new Windows, still not done any major works. But, thats okay, we have changed our ideas on how we we want to proceed, just by living in the house and finding out how it works (Sun traps, Warm Rooms / Cold Rooms, Neighbours........etc). I love a bit of DIY with a Landie and rope. Such quick alterations :lol:
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:44 am
by digger303
Donkeywalloper wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:35 am
RangerNeil wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 pm
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:15 am
It is remarkable how big these kits are compared to 1/72 & 1/35. I know I have mentioned it several times. This was a small tank. Its a huge bit of plastic in 1/16.
I really would love to build a larger model Tiger or a T55.
Really hope house move goes well?
DW
Cheers DW. Our place is sold and the survey is being carried out on the "new" one on the 15th. We are heading from Dagenham in Essex to Bexhill on Sea. Variety of reasons for the move, main one being the safety of the wife these days. Hopefully we will be in and - more or less - settled in time for the summer Svi-Fi build and the other two group builds. First job has got to be truning the garage back into a garage. Currently its a "Studio" - I am thinking that they have plaster-boarded over the garage doors. in which case an FFR Series 3 Landie will make short work of it. :lol: :lol:
So glad move has gone well. Moving and Bereavement are supposed to be the most stressful times of life. We moved to our current abode 3 years ago, and I'll be honest, I took a week off. Paid a considerable amount for a professional company to move us. It was fine. Some niggles but not that bad. We had big plans at first. Do this, pull that out, new Kitchen / Bathroom. After three years and some decorating and new Windows, still not done any major works. But, thats okay, we have changed our ideas on how we we want to proceed, just by living in the house and finding out how it works (Sun traps, Warm Rooms / Cold Rooms, Neighbours........etc). I love a bit of DIY with a Landie and rope. Such quick alterations :lol:
DW
Nothing like a new adventure in life. It sounds like it is going to be lovely by the sea and a new landie oriented project in the wings. Hope it all goes well and it's a happy time.
:th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:10 am
by Donkeywalloper
Good morning all you lovely chaps and chapess

Hope you had a fantastic weekend whatever you got up to be it Modelling or other interests. This weekend, in the UK, the weather was all Spring Showers, Sun, Wind (Gales) and torrential downpours.

To be honest, it put the Kibosh on any external plans, no Gardening or Car washing etc.

I had a delivery on Friday of the AK, Real Colours Paint Set (RCS002), German Army, WW2 Colour Set, that I intended to use on the Panzer 1. I probably had all the paints available somewhere in stash :crazy: , but I could not be bothered to look and ended up ordering these as they were highly rated.
I also bought this pot of DunkleBraun RAL 7017, no idea why.
Image
Image
Image
Unfortunately, I opened the Box and found a very suspicious staining on the RC057, the pots lid was miscrewed, and had leaked its contents into the packaging foam inside box.
Image
This is the main colour for the vehicle and most of it has evaporated / soaked into sponge and disappeared.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Never mind, not the worse thing to happen in the scheme of things. www.emodels.co.uk have been super-fast this morning and unfortunately, there is no stock, so have refunded the price :banana: . No problem, means I have to stop being a lazy beggar and search through my stocks of paint.

The build is pretty much complete on the model. Obviously, the Sprue E malarkey, is a problem now, as I kind of wanted to paint the Lifting Jack whilst glued in place on fenders.
So I sat there on Sunday, pretty much humming and pondering over what to do next.
I decided to affix the Towing Cable in place so this is completed image.
Image
Image
I ordered a few Stowage parts I found on World Wide, in the shape of German Gas Cannisters (Vehicle Stowage). These were ordered via www.afvmodeller.co.uk and they arrived very quickly.
Image
Very nice Resin Aftermarket. I cleaned up three of the units with a view of cutting some foil straps and hanging them from tank. They do have the racks attached at rear which normally would be attached internally, I’m not sure whether to remove racks and hang them from straps together.
Image
Image
Image
I get the feeling that this model is now going to have to wait for Sprue E and the Lifting Jack, as the next stages are all painting :lol: .
I think I may get something out of stash and start off another model.
How long is the Slow Boat from China? :o
That’s all for now, and may you and you’re families remain safe and healthy.
Best wishes, as always.

DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:25 pm
by digger303
6 weeks is what my latest purchase from China took to get here. Lovely resin castings that will only add to the visual delight.
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:11 pm
by Donkeywalloper
digger303 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:25 pm 6 weeks is what my latest purchase from China took to get here. Lovely resin castings that will only add to the visual delight.
:th: :th: :cheers2:
Yeah, I was going for a 6 week turnaround, but aren't you closer (consulting Ye Olde Atlas :crazy: ). Postage is getting a lot quicker. I was planning on hanging the items like a "Bunch of Bananas" off the side, but didn't really notice the Vehicle Holders as I hit Buy. I could grind the Holders off or just attach to sides.
They are so crisply detailed even down to the holes in Leather straps for Buckles.
Hope you're keeping well?
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:30 pm
by digger303
I am well thank you.
Shame people can't check the tops of bottles before they post them. Just about every bottle I receive can be tightened a bit when I get them.
keep well.
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:43 am
by Kevthemodeller
digger303 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:30 pm Just about every bottle I receive can be tightened a bit when I get them.
Mate they shouldn't be locked up, there's a reflex seal in the cap. All that's required is just enough to make the seal, overtightening will bugger the seal and it will leak vapour, dry out as well the paint if it distorted enough.

What's probably happened here is the bottle was not cleared from the capping station after a breakdown or stoppage, on restart the machine didn't fully tighten it ,or someone's had a look at the colour and not tighten the cap enough. I could also be a damaged cap.

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 am
by digger303
Kevthemodeller wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:43 am
digger303 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:30 pm Just about every bottle I receive can be tightened a bit when I get them.
Mate they shouldn't be locked up, there's a reflex seal in the cap. All that's required is just enough to make the seal, overtightening will bugger the seal and it will leak vapour, dry out as well the paint if it distorted enough.

What's probably happened here is the bottle was not cleared from the capping station after a breakdown or stoppage, on restart the machine didn't fully tighten it ,or someone's had a look at the colour and not tighten the cap enough. I could also be a damaged cap.
Thanks Kev I didn't realize.
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:15 pm
by Donkeywalloper
My pot of paint has caused "Ripples" lol and even the screwing of a bottle top is more interesting today.
I think Paint should be checked before sending out, just to be n the safe side. My view but then I am more anal about these things.
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:48 pm
by Donkeywalloper
Morning all

Well just returned to work from a week off. I say off, the list Mrs DW gave me left me short of time to do any modelling.
This is a super quick post as I am at work.
A small gap along the rear of hull needed to be filled and sanded.
Image
The Tools have been primed in Halfords (UK Car Parts Supplier), Black, Rattle Can.
Image
Image
I then gave them a coat of the following.
Image
To give you this, for a base for Hairspray.
Image
The major news is though, Takom dispatched my Sprue G from HK ten days ago, and despite my worries that my parts are in the Suez.
We shall see,
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:36 pm
by digger303
That Hull red gives a nice effect over black quite like it and it's very good news your part is getting closer.
:th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 am
by Stokesy44
More good progress. I bet you're sleeping by the front door waiting for postie :lol:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:58 am
by digger303
Stokesy44 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 am More good progress. I bet you're sleeping by the front door waiting for postie :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:01 am
by Kevthemodeller
Stokesy44 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 am More good progress. I bet you're sleeping by the front door waiting for postie :lol:
:lol: :lol:, looking good, the detailing is building up :th:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:37 am
by Donkeywalloper
digger303 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:36 pm That Hull red gives a nice effect over black quite like it and it's very good news your part is getting closer.
:th: :th:
:cheers2:
Due to size, I'm gonna take my time over these tools as they will either look terrific or shoddy, by my own hand.
The shovel really is a lovely mould.
Stay safe,
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
by Donkeywalloper
Stokesy44 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 am More good progress. I bet you're sleeping by the front door waiting for postie :lol:
I would sleep with the Postie if it would arrive quicker :jd:
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm
by digger303
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
Stokesy44 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 am More good progress. I bet you're sleeping by the front door waiting for postie :lol:
I would sleep with the Postie if it would arrive quicker :jd:
DW
:lol: Not above a little bribery then...... :lol: :lol:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:29 pm
by Donkeywalloper
digger303 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
Stokesy44 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 am More good progress. I bet you're sleeping by the front door waiting for postie :lol:
I would sleep with the Postie if it would arrive quicker :jd:
DW
:lol: Not above a little bribery then...... :lol: :lol:
I would for a Sprue of plastic commit most heinous actions :nena: :nena: :nena: :nena: :nena:
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:07 am
by digger303
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:29 pm
digger303 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm
Donkeywalloper wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 am
I would sleep with the Postie if it would arrive quicker :jd:
DW
:lol: Not above a little bribery then...... :lol: :lol:
I would for a Sprue of plastic commit most heinous actions :nena: :nena: :nena: :nena: :nena:
DW
:lol: :lol:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:03 pm
by Donkeywalloper
Good afternoon all

Hope you all had a great Easter break, if you did, or a good weekend at least :banana: .

The new Integrated Double Oven arrived on Sunday morning (08:20), from AO. We have been without a oven now for over a month and friends and relatives have been outstanding providing meals from time to time, to cheer our souls and make our tummy happy.
Image
I spent a considerable time cleaning out the Garage to allow free entry for Electricians to get new PWR Supply feed from Distribution Box to Kitchen (behind Garage), on Saturday.

Saturday afternoon, whilst Mrs DW snoozed upstairs with cats, I took myself off to M/C to potter around but not really achieve much.
I am in a status of limbo, still awaiting the Sprue E on its journey from HK to my doorstep.
With all the shenanigans in the Suez with Container Ships getting themselves well and truly jammed into this canal, I feel sure my longed for piece of plastic is stuck in transit. I really should crack another kit open and amuse myself with something else, but I really am not like that. Once I start a project / model, come hell or high water, I like to finish it.

I have got various models off shelves and had a look at models that might amuse me for a week or so, say something in 1/72, but my hearts not in it :scratch:: .

I masked up the tools with a view to work on them to while away time. As you know, the AK Paint set, was a bit of a disaster, with the main body colour soaked into its packaging.

Whilst digging around in the M/C, I did spy this set of paints I bought some years ago. This will do for the time being I thought.
Image
Out came the Hair-Spray, and on went a couple of coats of this, with about 40 minutes between coats (I did mask up the tools between brackets and such, in this scale it’s easier to do this).
Image
Then a 1st Coat of Dunkelgrau Base AK 163.
Image
Nice light coat straight out of pot with a little Retarder.
This was followed with the Light Base AK 164
Image
Image
I didn’t take any images of this result, but it looked good and nicely faded.

It’s the hanging around for bits to arrive then that’s causing the problem now. I’m sorry I can’t give you an awful lot more to look at.

Update this morning: So the Electricians arrived this morning to install the Oven and the Oven within the packaging looks like somebody hit it with a Mallet :jd: . All the casing is dented and out of alignment, but the packaging is intact. It could have been rolled in Van but the packaging does not manifest this.

AO are sending a new (Checked), oven out for delivery tomorrow morning :banana: and pick up this “Pile of Scrap”, Electricians have been able to put feed in from Distribution Board into Kitchen, but are tied up on other jobs this week so cannot finish off connection and test. AO have offered to pay for additional works for Electricians to fit unit.

At least Oven not coming from HK via Suez……… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay safe,
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:32 pm
by Stokesy44
Man alive, talk about 1 step forward and 2 steps back. There are few things worse than faulty goods on delivery. Still, it sounds like you’re getting there. I reckon your sprue will arrive the day the oven gets plumbed in so you’ll be eating gourmet grub in the den while pawing over your replacement parts, happy as a pig in the poopy stuff.

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:44 pm
by digger303
It's horrible when your without the basics in modern life like power, tv or no oven. Glad it's about to be sorted though and your mojo gets back on track. Crappy things happen in three's so you should be right for a while now.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:56 pm
by BigWall
That's a long while to be without an oven but it sounds like you will soon be baking to your heart's content.

I hope our sprue shows soon!

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 pm
by RangerNeil
I am going to have to put my hands up and admit to confusion - what on earth do you use hair spray for on a model???

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:06 am
by digger303
RangerNeil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 pm I am going to have to put my hands up and admit to confusion - what on earth do you use hair spray for on a model???
Chipping is the short answer. Spray your undercoat ( the color of the chip)...spray 2 coats of hairspray not too thick then your top coat then start scrubbing off in selected spots . That's it in a nutshell.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:40 am
by Donkeywalloper
Stokesy44 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:32 pm Man alive, talk about 1 step forward and 2 steps back. There are few things worse than faulty goods on delivery. Still, it sounds like you’re getting there. I reckon your sprue will arrive the day the oven gets plumbed in so you’ll be eating gourmet grub in the den while pawing over your replacement parts, happy as a pig in the poopy stuff.
See, your the inspirational chat I need. That would be fantastic. Nice roast and a Sprue from HK. Bliss.
Stay safe
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:42 am
by Donkeywalloper
BigWall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:56 pm That's a long while to be without an oven but it sounds like you will soon be baking to your heart's content.

I hope our sprue shows soon!
Its remarkable what you can conjure up without an Oven, using Hob, Microwave, George Foreman, Steamer and Slow Cooker and of course seriously generous friends and family with their donations.
:banana: DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:45 am
by Donkeywalloper
digger303 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:44 pm It's horrible when your without the basics in modern life like power, tv or no oven. Glad it's about to be sorted though and your mojo gets back on track. Crappy things happen in three's so you should be right for a while now.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
Cheers Digger. Just had a SMS from delivery company, Oven due to arrive at between 9 - 10. Mrs DW will be scrutinising new offering like a Hawk. Delivery drivers are gonna be p*$$£d off. Hopefully having seen damaged goods delivered on Sunday, they should be empathetic to Mrs DW being overly cautious.
Hope you and family are well?
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am
by Donkeywalloper
digger303 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:06 am
RangerNeil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 pm I am going to have to put my hands up and admit to confusion - what on earth do you use hair spray for on a model???
Chipping is the short answer. Spray your undercoat ( the color of the chip)...spray 2 coats of hairspray not too thick then your top coat then start scrubbing off in selected spots . That's it in a nutshell.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank God you explained that Digger. I was worried my Hairspray style was not right. I have done the two light coats and Base Coat of Hull Red. Chipping to commence soon. Neil must have thought I had lost it in my M/C and started coiffure my bouffant hair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:14 am
by Tomcat64
Great to catch up on the progress & ramblings on this thread DW - the tank looks great and hopefully the fabled sprue will arrive soon.

And best of luck with the new oven too! :cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:42 pm
by Donkeywalloper
Be still my beating heart :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Not five minutes ago, Mrs DW rang me on Video Chat, I being at work, was slightly concerned on what she was about to show / state........ :jd:
My gorgeous, albeit slightly Kooky wife is waving this around and hollering yippee's at me.
Image
"Its arrived, its arrived"
The Sprue has arrived from China and is in Chez DW.
I am almost as emotional as when Armstrong stepped on to the moon and my wife said "I do".
Sweet all that is good in this world.
Takom, you are Gold Star service and No1 Customer care.
Whoop, Whoop, Whoop :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
DW

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 pm
by Stokesy44
Called it! :cheers2:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 pm
by digger303
Donkeywalloper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:42 pm Be still my beating heart :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Not five minutes ago, Mrs DW rang me on Video Chat, I being at work, was slightly concerned on what she was about to show / state........ :jd:
My gorgeous, albeit slightly Kooky wife is waving this around and hollering yippee's at me.
Image
"Its arrived, its arrived"
The Sprue has arrived from China and is in Chez DW.
I am almost as emotional as when Armstrong stepped on to the moon and my wife said "I do".
Sweet all that is good in this world.
Takom, you are Gold Star service and No1 Customer care.
Whoop, Whoop, Whoop :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
DW
Now that is real top level support and I'm talking about your lovely wife sharing in the arrival of a new sprue ;) Will she be as excited about the new oven....... :D
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Ps....How does the postal service work over there did you see the address ???

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 am
by Kevthemodeller
You're on the up for sure, cooker ins and replacement sprue :banana: :banana: :th: :th:

Re: 1/16 Takom Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf B (Panzer 1)

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:36 am
by Donkeywalloper
Kevthemodeller wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 am You're on the up for sure, cooker ins and replacement sprue :banana: :banana: :th: :th:
Its all goooooooooood Kev all good. Hope you are very well and staying safe.
DW