Sherline Lathe…unbox, setup and projects

User avatar
MrBowcat
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:34 pm
Location: London
England

Re: Sherline Lathe…unbox, setup and projects

Post by MrBowcat »

Top job Scott. :th:

I was boring on the lathe myself this weekend, making bearing carriers for 19mm bearings. I wanted a press fit so had to precisely counterbore to 18.99mm OD.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Sherline Lathe…unbox, setup and projects

Post by digger303 »

MrBowcat wrote: Mon May 11, 2026 2:27 pm Top job Scott. :th:

I was boring on the lathe myself this weekend, making bearing carriers for 19mm bearings. I wanted a press fit so had to precisely counterbore to 18.99mm OD.
I need a set of brake cylinders cleaned up and sleeved, I've got the next weekend free if you want to pop over ;)

:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
MrBowcat
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:34 pm
Location: London
England

Re: Sherline Lathe…unbox, setup and projects

Post by MrBowcat »

No worries Digger, shouldn’t take long to get there from London, right? :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Sherline Lathe…unbox, setup and projects

Post by digger303 »

MrBowcat wrote: Tue May 12, 2026 10:45 am No worries Digger, shouldn’t take long to get there from London, right? :D
Only 25hrs ;)
:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Tools”