Page 4 of 4

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:45 pm
by InitialProduction1
Awesome build Dunhill2005, like the video. :th:

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:12 pm
by Dunhill2005
InitialProduction1 wrote:Awesome build Dunhill2005, like the video. :th:
Sheers mate!!!

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:02 am
by TheTroyster
Finished - only took half a year - damn weather here is so nice. Anyway Barkas this is for you:

Image

Image

Image

Final reveal:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:16 am
by OliveDrab
Nice finish on the Panzer III Troy :th:

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:11 am
by hansolo
Looks great!

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:38 am
by mannloon
I'll have to let Michael know how these are going, he's been banned. Nice to see some finishes.

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:21 am
by Paul
mannloon wrote:I'll have to let Michael know how these are going, he's been banned. Nice to see some finishes.
He hasn't been banned at all, he asked to be deleted after refusing a forum warning for trolling me. Lee can share all the screenshots if you would like :thumb2:

And after hearing you say the other day you would do what you could to be banned from the forum and as you already have three warnings, your wish is granted.

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:43 am
by WMH
I do not know who the name we can't speak is on this forum but I am certain the post by armorguy74 has some tie to them , so if I knew who it is I would not support their bushiness in any manner.
No I am not trying to crawl up to the Ultimate crew, I don't own any of their products so I can't judge products just the professionalism shown.

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 am
by Schoof
WMH wrote:I do not know who the name we can't speak is on this forum but I am certain the post by armorguy74 has some tie to them , so if I knew who it is I would not support their bushiness in any manner.
No I am not trying to crawl up to the Ultimate crew, I don't own any of their products so I can't judge products just the professionalism shown.
Lol......just lol

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 pm
by Panzermeister36
Here is my finish to the group build in honour of Hamilkar Barkas, even though he got banned. Still my favourite Youtube modeller; he really made me want to make my own modelling videos.

I did a video series explaining all the aspects of the weathering on this tank, so weathering the panzer grey, doing the whitewash, doing some snow effects, and finally making the winter diorama base here. I had lots of fun with this one. I found a cool picture of a Panzer IV that had been knocked out and then slowly blown over with snow, so that was my inspiration for this setup :thumb2:

[youtube]gU1S1h_6gDo[/youtube]

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:42 pm
by Panzermeister36
Paul wrote:
mannloon wrote:I'll have to let Michael know how these are going, he's been banned. Nice to see some finishes.
He hasn't been banned at all, he asked to be deleted after refusing a forum warning for trolling me. Lee can share all the screenshots if you would like :thumb2:

And after hearing you say the other day you would do what you could to be banned from the forum and as you already have three warnings, your wish is granted.
Deleted?....No.... As Adam said, banned....Yes. I've spoken to Hamilkar Barkas about this. Deleted was what he wanted lol, all his posts to be gone. But apparently that didn't work out.

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:47 pm
by Paul
Panzermeister36 wrote:
Paul wrote:
mannloon wrote:I'll have to let Michael know how these are going, he's been banned. Nice to see some finishes.
He hasn't been banned at all, he asked to be deleted after refusing a forum warning for trolling me. Lee can share all the screenshots if you would like :thumb2:

And after hearing you say the other day you would do what you could to be banned from the forum and as you already have three warnings, your wish is granted.
Deleted?....No.... As Adam said, banned....Yes. I've spoken to Hamilkar Barkas about this. Deleted was what he wanted lol, all his posts to be gone. But apparently that didn't work out.
Thats right he didnt want to accept a forum warning for trolling so asked to be deleted, we dont delete members so he was banned at his request :th:

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 pm
by Lee
Panzermeister36 wrote:
Paul wrote:
mannloon wrote:I'll have to let Michael know how these are going, he's been banned. Nice to see some finishes.
He hasn't been banned at all, he asked to be deleted after refusing a forum warning for trolling me. Lee can share all the screenshots if you would like :thumb2:

And after hearing you say the other day you would do what you could to be banned from the forum and as you already have three warnings, your wish is granted.
Deleted?....No.... As Adam said, banned....Yes. I've spoken to Hamilkar Barkas about this. Deleted was what he wanted lol, all his posts to be gone. But apparently that didn't work out.
Actually, he specifically asked for his ISM account to be closed. Then asked to have his posts deleted. If you need proof, I will quite happily post a copy of his PM to me, although he would probably moan about me infringing on his personal rights or something else.

We happily obliged to close his account as per his very specific request, but we do not delete members posts here as they will ruin all the threads that his posts are on. Not only that, if it is a thread started by said person, everyone's post that is on that thread would also be deleted, which is completely unfair on everyone else, especially when there's people's work involved.

If you requested your account to be closed it would be no different what so ever. In fact the three people thaat have requested this over the four years we've been going have all been treated exactly the same.

Have a great day :th:

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:31 am
by Panzermeister36
Sute thing. I still don't believe Hamilkar Barkas to be a "troll" though.

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 am
by Paul
Panzermeister36 wrote:Sute thing. I still don't believe Hamilkar Barkas to be a "troll" though.
We've got screen shots of pm's of him admiting to trolling me for a reaction, remember there always two sides to every story.

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:40 am
by Panzermeister36
Yes, there are two sides, but now I only know one...

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:03 pm
by Lee
Panzermeister36 wrote:Yes, there are two sides, but now I only know one...
I had a very long winded PM back and forth with Michael a while ago where he openly admitted to trolling Paul whenever he could, in those exact words, because he did not like him or the way he did things.

Now you know both sides :th:

Again, I'm more than happy to post copies of these PMs if you so desire it....

Re: The Barkas Group Build (Official Thread)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:16 pm
by schweinhund227
Panzermeister36 wrote:Here is my finish to the group build in honour of Hamilkar Barkas, even though he got banned. Still my favourite Youtube modeller; he really made me want to make my own modelling videos.

I did a video series explaining all the aspects of the weathering on this tank, so weathering the panzer grey, doing the whitewash, doing some snow effects, and finally making the winter diorama base here. I had lots of fun with this one. I found a cool picture of a Panzer IV that had been knocked out and then slowly blown over with snow, so that was my inspiration for this setup :thumb2:

[youtube]gU1S1h_6gDo[/youtube]

Beautiful work ! Keep it coming !
You have Grown leaps and bounds, in techniques and quality of work...
I can only wish I had done the same... in the amount of time it took you to get to this level !

There is so much to see.... amazing work !