Looks great and you are doing well hanging in with the ups and downs you are encountering.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:41 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Cheers to all of you guys with the words of encouragement
I thank you all very kindly as it DOES really help me
The fire still burns for this build and I am picking away slowly at it...Rothmans emblem decal infront of cockpit, windscreen and camera apparatus on the snorkel
Messing around with a pit lane/grid base idea
I have also purchased decals and another Revell kit to make JVβs Indy 500 winning car...will be a lot more modifications and scratch building than this was
Yes, I AM stoopid
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am
by Nedkelly500
Beautiful looking model
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:46 am
by Kevthemodeller
Cracking build Scott really enjoyed the build log
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am
by digger303
Smicko
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:35 pm
by jmurphy18
the build looks great Scott! Worth the effort. LOL at laying down some tarmac for a pit lane
Another scratch build as you are an accomplished builder I say more power to you!
How does that saying go it's an addiction........ . Remember the JJ Cale song. "She don't lie, She don't lie....."
Just keep a pice of styrene in your pocket and rub to keep your addiction in check
PS don't remember the song...... Eric Clapton made it famous, Slowhand Album
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:26 pm
by barryf1fan
Looks great, Sir Frank would be proud! <--- that's two thumbs up - don't get any better than that. I only gots two thumbs!
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 pm
by Kingdan
Yep knew you could do it lovely work mate
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:16 pm
by jmurphy18
Oh Boy.... Now that I did not have 4 cups of coffee in 2 hrs and lack of sleep my post looks a bit idiotic Sorry about that Too much caffeine I was really zinging and bouncing off the wall yesterday AM.
I do like your idea on the pit lane for the car! Awesome. I never tried to do something like this and I think I will with the Type 79 that I have coming in mid to late Aug. I see from the 2018 thread you built the Martini Type 79. The one I ordered is the black #5 Olympus kit from 78. I have an idea I want to try and I have the parts & and idea. Nothing ventured nothing gained. HAGD!
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:29 pm
by Tay99
Great finish Scott from a difficult kit, nice job on the livery.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 am
by Tomcat64
Blimey that's taken some reading to catch up on this morning - she looks stunning mate really stunning!
And also reminded me that I need to call a plumber...
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:12 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Tomcat64 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 am
Blimey that's taken some reading to catch up on this morning - she looks stunning mate really stunning!
And also reminded me that I need to call a plumber...
Me too, she still needs some more wires and tubes in her innards before I call her done!
Thank you for the effort of reading all this BS
I do enjoy re-visiting my build threads years later and see what I was doing, using, who was around chatting and the process to the end result...you donβt get that on Facebook
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:22 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Wow been hot here and some relatives over for a long weekend...creates a summer slowdown, So not much modelling done
I did manage to build both air boxes for the sides but still in rough styrene. They need black gloss Ultimate and then the CF decal
Then some electronic wiring and such greebles across them.
As a spin off project, am acquiring stuff for JVβs INDY 500 car.
Have a Revell Reynard and the appropriate decals
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:31 pm
by Kingdan
That'll be as good a build as this one has been
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:49 pm
by barryf1fan
Nice!!! Yeah, def build it up as a JV car, heck, even Greg Moore (was watching the race at Fontana when he had his fatal crash... ) as a tribute car. Bryan Herta was (is) a tool.
Looking forward to this one as well!
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
barryf1fan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:49 pm
Nice!!! Yeah, def build it up as a JV car, heck, even Greg Moore (was watching the race at Fontana when he had his fatal crash... ) as a tribute car. Bryan Herta was (is) a tool.
Looking forward to this one as well!
There is a Greg Moore kit available , but I gotta stop somewhere
barryf1fan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:49 pm
Nice!!! Yeah, def build it up as a JV car, heck, even Greg Moore (was watching the race at Fontana when he had his fatal crash... ) as a tribute car. Bryan Herta was (is) a tool.
Looking forward to this one as well!
There is a Greg Moore kit available , but I gotta stop somewhere
barryf1fan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:49 pm
Nice!!! Yeah, def build it up as a JV car, heck, even Greg Moore (was watching the race at Fontana when he had his fatal crash... ) as a tribute car. Bryan Herta was (is) a tool.
Looking forward to this one as well!
There is a Greg Moore kit available , but I gotta stop somewhere
There is a Greg Moore kit available , but I gotta stop somewhere
Why...... Explain in 1000 words or less
Alright you, back to FB
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:27 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Working on the side airboxes and the wiring for ignition etc
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:08 am
by Kevthemodeller
More detailing Scott I'd thought you finished
Looking forward the next details mate
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:40 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Kevthemodeller wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:08 am
More detailing Scott I'd thought you finished
Looking forward the next details mate
Nope, she needs her nervous system wired
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:42 pm
by jmurphy18
AWESOME! Excellent work Scott and LOL on the nervous system wired!
Sweet job. I like the gold mesh over the intake
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 pm
by Kingdan
Nail biting stuff lovely job mate
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:47 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Kingdan wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 pm
Nail biting stuff lovely job mate
Had to walk way, was having a HULK SMASH moment there ...freaking wires
Back at it later when I am relaxed
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 pm
by Kingdan
Yeah that's what I do now lol its cost me a small fortune in the past
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:45 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
You know, this is a lot less fun than I ever imagined
Need to slow down a bit or I am gonna destroy it all
One side done...lots of imagination used here in wiring
I used blue ignition wires from the magneto box βcause if I am going to do this, you are darn well going to be able to see it!
Unfortunately no βMagneti Marelliβdecal for it
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:29 am
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:45 pm
You know, this is a lot less fun than I ever imagined
Need to slow down a bit or I am gonna destroy it all
One side done...lots of imagination used here in wiring
I used blue ignition wires from the magneto box βcause if I am going to do this, you are darn well going to be able to see it!
Unfortunately no βMagneti Marelliβdecal for it
Not sure what your on about. What wires ?? .............
Seriously nice work, well done for not smashing it. The program is working for you then
AND a really serious clap on the back for creating a new masterpiece.....well done !!
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:45 pm
You know, this is a lot less fun than I ever imagined
Need to slow down a bit or I am gonna destroy it all
One side done...lots of imagination used here in wiring
I used blue ignition wires from the magneto box βcause if I am going to do this, you are darn well going to be able to see it!
Unfortunately no βMagneti Marelliβdecal for it
Not sure what your on about. What wires ?? .............
Seriously nice work, well done for not smashing it. The program is working for you then
AND a really serious clap on the back for creating a new masterpiece.....well done !!
Thanks Digger
She definitely tested my low irritation level and high anger issues
It is far from a perfect build, but I am happy at not falling on my face in public with this one as it was a seriously risky build with more pitfalls that normal.
Just thinking of a nice little base for her...hey maybe my new Bosche saw will work for it
My wife and son came though with an anniversary gift last month...the thing is a beast!
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:45 pm
You know, this is a lot less fun than I ever imagined
Need to slow down a bit or I am gonna destroy it all
One side done...lots of imagination used here in wiring
I used blue ignition wires from the magneto box βcause if I am going to do this, you are darn well going to be able to see it!
Unfortunately no βMagneti Marelliβdecal for it
Not sure what your on about. What wires ?? .............
Seriously nice work, well done for not smashing it. The program is working for you then
AND a really serious clap on the back for creating a new masterpiece.....well done !!
Thanks Digger
She definitely tested my low irritation level and high anger issues
It is far from a perfect build, but I am happy at not falling on my face in public with this one as it was a seriously risky build with more pitfalls that normal.
Just thinking of a nice little base for her...hey maybe my new Bosche saw will work for it
My wife and son came though with an anniversary gift last month...the thing is a beast!
I'm so that's a really eye catching saw . I'd chop up every bit of wood just to see the action working
Not sure what your on about. What wires ?? .............
Seriously nice work, well done for not smashing it. The program is working for you then
AND a really serious clap on the back for creating a new masterpiece.....well done !!
Thanks Digger
She definitely tested my low irritation level and high anger issues
It is far from a perfect build, but I am happy at not falling on my face in public with this one as it was a seriously risky build with more pitfalls that normal.
Just thinking of a nice little base for her...hey maybe my new Bosche saw will work for it
My wife and son came though with an anniversary gift last month...the thing is a beast!
I'm so that's a really eye catching saw . I'd chop up every bit of wood just to see the action working
Honestly, I think the thing wants to take off one or both of my arms
It is damn powerful and cuts dead 90* out of the box
Thanks Digger
She definitely tested my low irritation level and high anger issues
It is far from a perfect build, but I am happy at not falling on my face in public with this one as it was a seriously risky build with more pitfalls that normal.
Just thinking of a nice little base for her...hey maybe my new Bosche saw will work for it
My wife and son came though with an anniversary gift last month...the thing is a beast!
I'm so that's a really eye catching saw . I'd chop up every bit of wood just to see the action working
Honestly, I think the thing wants to take off one or both of my arms
It is damn powerful and cuts dead 90* out of the box
Awesome ....cutting so straight and clean...that's music to my ears..
No need for short cuts on those miters now. Hell you'll be doing dovetails next..
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:00 pm
by Kingdan
Oooooo nice chopper I had one like that a few years back had it robbed off site was gutted but got a nice new one so all was good although now it's a bag of shite now with all the usage it's had
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:33 pm
by jmurphy18
Awesome work Scott! That saw look so sweet! I am with digger, you need to make some sawdust
Those craftsman boxes are nice. I have a old middle unit that is 40 years old and still working. It now holds sandpaper and airbrushes in my garage LOL.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:39 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
jmurphy18 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:33 pm
Awesome work Scott! That saw look so sweet! I am with digger, you need to make some sawdust
Those craftsman boxes are nice. I have a old middle unit that is 40 years old and still working. It now holds sandpaper and airbrushes in my garage LOL.
Nice pic of the car, will get some better ones this morning in some good daylight
Oh man the garage is a disaster, just look away
Everything is dumped from a move into the garage and has barely been touched
Some major reorganizing to be done in there...at some point
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:01 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Ok she is finally done.
I am proud to finish this as I pushed to do the internals though I could have called it done last month
The build had many tiger traps in it and could easily had gone into the bin
The theme for this build was Mike Tysonβs quote...
SO much opportunity for this to completely blow up in my face with bad decals, Revell poor fit, poorly documented car historically and me opening up her rear cowling. Ironically the only decal I really had an issue with was the one I lost
So I am going to give some patriotic props to Jacques Villeneuve for a bit...skip to the next post for just pics of the car.
1994 CART Rookie of the Year
1994 runner up Indy 500
1995 he wins the Indy 500
1996 Jumps up to F1 with Williams and teamed with Damon Hill who won the championship with Villeneuve second in his F1 rookie year and SGB Schumacher in third. Williams get Constructor's title
1997, this car's year JV wins Drivers Title and Williams wins Constructor's title
1998 Honours his contract and stays with Williams despite loss of any new Renault engines. Williams car is outclassed in speed and handling dismal year to present.
Bounces around F1 and other racing fields
JV won more than his father in a very short span. He was/is a very technical and skilled driver unlike the emotional driver his father was..some would say reckless. I don't think JV gets enough credit in Canada as Williams was very strong during that time, but the cars still had to be driven and the wins earned. His dad has the legend attached to him due to an early death....from a reckless drive in anger I might add.
JV had to battle M Schumacher for the title and we all know what kind of character MS was in a race car.....
He attempted to sideswipe JV at Jerez and hit only the side pod, causing minimal damage, but put the Ferrari on the beach stranded.
Hilarious video replay of it where the announcer chides MS for his tactics.
Funny images of MS watching as JV sails by on the next lap, unscathed.
Finally a short video to show really the kind of man JV is..being interviewed by a kid, taking it seriously and being polite and funny.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:13 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:19 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Three more
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm
by Tay99
Nice finish from what looked like a difficult kit well done.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:25 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Tay99 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm
Nice finish from what looked like a difficult kit well done.
Thanks bud
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm
by Kingdan
Absolutely awesome mate it looks the business well done for pushing through
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:57 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Kingdan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm
Absolutely awesome mate it looks the business well done for pushing through
Cheers Dan
Thanks for following along
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:29 am
by kiwigav
Nice work Scott
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:54 am
by Kevthemodeller
Now it's finished
Lovely build Scott and a nice walk down memory lane
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 am
by Tomcat64
Yep that's just stunning - awesome work mate, especially with all the detailing you've crammed in there
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:38 am
by onemanclapping
Excellent work Scott and fair play for sticking it out.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:14 am
by Shunter
Looks awesome, you would not think this was a Revell kit. Great job.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 pm
by jmurphy18
AWESOME Scott! 10++ on this build. This is another superb build you have accomplished. Just showed my wife and she gives you a 10 on this.
Re: Williams Renault FW 19
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:11 pm
by AlanS
Thank you Scott for directing me to this complete stage by stage build, I have just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours reading and learning from this thread,
The amount of detail you have added is outstanding, can I ask, have you used 3M glazing putty for all the filling?