Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

russ2471
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: London

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by russ2471 »

Loving the dirty running gear gav it gonna look the business :bow::
Russ

On the bench

Airfix Bf109
Tamiya 1/35 British Special Air Service jeep
Meng 1/35 T90A
Trumpeter ASU-85
User avatar
hansolo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:
Netherlands

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by hansolo »

That mud on the dio already looks great!
Love to see it coming along.
Cheers
Hansolo

May the sprue be with you. :th:
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Lee »

Great mud mate :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Cheers guys. So its had a while to start drying out now (needs longer still) but I am pleased with the overall effect so far.


I placed the tank on the base last night so that the slight ruts, and track marks would dry into the ground. Although the track marks aren't very visible its not a problem as the idea is that the ground is quite soft etc, so might not hold defined track marks so well. There is clear tracks to show where the tank has been though, so it doesn't look "placed" there.
Image

Close ups of the mud on the front
Image

And sides
Image
Image

I was going with the idea of a heavier, stickier mud so I didn't do too much splattering up the hull, and I think the hull overhang on the M10 means that most of the mud would remain around the running gear anyway.

And here is a mock-up of how I invisage the final diorama to look. Shells will get some weathering first, and I have yet to add grass material as well. I am thinking of going and finding a stick to use as a broken tree to add some more visual interest and some height to the base. Will see, its just an idea at the moment.
Image

Comments are really welcome, this is my first time trying this kind of thing so I want to get peoples opinion on whether its working or not!

Thanks
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by DC87 »

Definitely working Gav :thumb1: .

The diorama looks good, if you want some different levels/height you could make some ammo crates and/ or part of a tent. A tree in the background would be great or have it as a fallen log with the crewman sitting on it, oh the possibilities when building dioramas :D .
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Coen »

I'd go with DC's idea Gav. Your mud is absolutely perfect Dude. It came out top drawer.
Adding visual interest without clutter is a good idea. Adding elevation as DC suggested... the fallen tree is also a good idea.
Adding some untorn grass around the edges might dress it up a bit too.
So many possibilities. There's no hurry though so take your time and think about it.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Yeah I have added a fallen tree, and two broken stumps to give the impression that it either is, or was a wooded area. I am also adding grass to most of the area, bar the tank tracks and other bits. I will add some other patches of different grass shades to break that up as well. And I will add the two spare jerry cans I have from the kit to the ground near the spent shells as well, and I might yet string a tarp from the tank to the fallen tree to represent an area the crew have been sleeping in.
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by DC87 »

Sounds like a superb plan, i look forward to seeing it come together.
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Coen »

Oooo.... at'a boy.!
That sounds awesome.
Can't wait to see that!
User avatar
T3hGuppy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by T3hGuppy »

Very nice work :th:

Looking forward to the big reveal at the end.
On the bench

Too much to list. !!


Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/bnealuk
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Nige201980 »

Looking great Gav can't wait to see it finished
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

The mud effect on the running gear looks extremely realistic, great job! Base and figures look very promising aswell :)
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

HamilkarBarkas wrote:The mud effect on the running gear looks extremely realistic, great job! Base and figures look very promising aswell :)
Cheers Michael.

Well recently I have done some more work on t he M10, but I am loath to put any pictures up, as really its not going to change much between now and it being complete, so the next update will be on the crew figures which need painting up still.

I am really pleased with how the base has turned out, I just have a few details to add to it, then that's the base and M10 itself done.

Cheers
User avatar
hansolo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:
Netherlands

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by hansolo »

Looking gooood Gav!
Cheers
Hansolo

May the sprue be with you. :th:
User avatar
PhildaFish
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: Somerset, England
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by PhildaFish »

Turning into a real stand out build, Gav, and a lovely looking mud pie too!
Please visit my website
Image
For instructions, historical paint charts & paint conversion charts.
Please like Scale World's Facebook page.
My Facebook page.
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by schweinhund227 »

Keep up the good work... Very very well done !!! That paint job is to die for ! congrats !
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Paul »

Great work gav the base looks awesome.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Cheers guys.

Well tonight I plan to sit down if I can and get some paint on to the crew figures. I will also take some pictures of the various parts I used to make up the mud base, so that if anyone is interested there is a reference here of a way to make realistic looking ground cover.

I think I will do some more research into the unit that I have modelled this vehicle from, which is the Anti-Tank regiment attached to the 11th Armoured Brigade. And I will post that history up here too.

Cheers
HobbyModeller
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by HobbyModeller »

Looks fantastic my only pointer would be the same as DC87 have a bit more on the ground like boxes, wreckage, foliage etc :) great work
spruecutter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:06 am
Location: Deeside, UK

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by spruecutter »

Looking good, I like the Lego tank commander in the distance keeping his feet out of the mud.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Update 15

So it seems I forgot to number my last two updates. But I am back with a numbered one!

So what have I been up to this evening then.

Crew painting!

Image
Image
Image
Image

So just got two more crew to paint up now, and I might not use one anyway as I can't find a natural place for him, so I will probably leave it off.

I have also take this picture to show the 3 crew figs so far in place. One still needs his map board but that can be added later. The rest of the picture has been blurred because I want to leave it all to the final reveal, so this is just a teaser!!

Image
:nena: :nena:

Comments are welcome as per usual.

Cheers
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Paul »

Great job the figures look superb mate :thumb2:
User avatar
BrummieModeller
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 663
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by BrummieModeller »

Love the figures gav looking great mate :banana: :thumb2:
Dan

WIP Kits on the Bench

Revell 1/144 Airbus A320 Thomas Cook Livery
Airfix 1/72 Brewster Buffalo F2A-1
Revell 1/24 Mini Cooper Mk1
Airfix 1/76 Panther

My Facebook Page

Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Coen »

You tease you
:naughty:
User avatar
T3hGuppy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by T3hGuppy »

So close now :banana: :banana: :banana:
On the bench

Too much to list. !!


Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/bnealuk
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by chief5437 »

You're such a tease!
Chief
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by alextheblue »

Love the figure painting, great shadowing/highlighting.

Blurred photo - all mine are like that!!! :crazy:
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
bullgill67
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by bullgill67 »

outstanding figure painting :bow::

michael
gosselin2112
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Manchester, Newhampshire USA

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by gosselin2112 »

This thread was quite a read! I enjoyed it very much. I know those vinyl tracks are a pain to paint. They are the bane of the model builders life. Clear/Future floor wax helps to give the paint some bite. Well, that's my contribution to a pretty interesting thread. Nice job on this build. Looking forward to seeing the gallery shots.

Russell.
EpoxySniffer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by EpoxySniffer »

You did a good job on those figures mate.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Hi Russ, thanks for the tip. I actually found these particular tracks to not be a problem. I have made sure not to handle them much, but did find they took both primer and paint without much trouble. Unlike the ones that came with my Trumpeter AS90, they just peeled!

@EpoxySniffer - thanks mate, probably my years of painting 28mm wargaming figures!

I have just one figure to paint to complete this GB entry, but my recent airbrush woes mean I can't prime the figure. I could hand paint it, but I run the risk it ends up looking a bit different to the others so I may just wait. If I am going to run out of time before I get a new airbrush then I will just hand paint the final figure.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Sooo I have gotten an airbrush replacement. Which means I hope to be able to update this thread with pictures later as I hope to get the final figure under way this evening.

Pics later I hope!
UKscalemodeller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by UKscalemodeller »

Gav0909 wrote: I have just one figure to paint to complete this GB entry, but my recent airbrush woes mean I can't prime the figure. I could hand paint it, but I run the risk it ends up looking a bit different to the others so I may just wait. If I am going to run out of time before I get a new airbrush then I will just hand paint the final figure.
One reason I keep a vallejo rattle can on standby.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Update 16

So I took these pics last night, but was too tired to bother uploading them. But here is proof that I am now working on getting this last figure done.

I got the figure primed, and then a basecoat of Vallejo English Uniform put down. I added a few drops of Vallejo Khaki to the paint and sprayed this just on the upper back, back of the extended leg, tops of the arms and top of the other leg to give some highlighting. I also sprayed his boots black and have a touch of overspray to correct. I will then paint the belt, pistol holster etc in Khaki and give the entire model a wash of Citadel Devlan Mud. Then its flesh tones and the beret and done!

Image
Image

I just noticed he looks kind of like he is doing some funky dance here lol. When positioned, he will be climbing up the front of the tank, not dancing!

C&C welcome!
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by schweinhund227 »

Nice Teaser picture....

Keep up the good work..

Looking forward to see the final reveal !
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Update 17

So Dancing Joe Merryweather got his boots painted and his clothes washed last night. Boots were done in Vallejo Nato Black (new colour, wanted to try it out lol) and Devlan Mud from Citadel was used as the wash.

Image
Image

Next step will be using various Citadel flesh tones (really need some less "cartoonish" flesh tones though, I hear the Lifecolour flesh set is good). and painting in the face and hands. Then the beret in Royal Artillery dark blue (M10's were operated by the Anti-Tank Regiments of the Royal Artillery, not the Tank Corps, hence the dark blue berets).

Comments are welcome as always, the end is in sight!
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Paul »

Gav0909 wrote:Update 17

So Dancing Joe Merryweather got his boots painted and his clothes washed last night. Boots were done in Vallejo Nato Black (new colour, wanted to try it out lol) and Devlan Mud from Citadel was used as the wash.

Image
Image

Next step will be using various Citadel flesh tones (really need some less "cartoonish" flesh tones though, I hear the Lifecolour flesh set is good). and painting in the face and hands. Then the beret in Royal Artillery dark blue (M10's were operated by the Anti-Tank Regiments of the Royal Artillery, not the Tank Corps, hence the dark blue berets).

Comments are welcome as always, the end is in sight!

Looking good gav, that life colour flesh set is very good I have it myself.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Coen »

Funny... I just used that same figure one a diorama about 6 months ago, I've seen him in a couple of others and in a few magazines. Popular Dude.
Look better than mine did so far.
Good job!
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Paul - I have heard good things about it. I admit that while I am aware of the theory of painting faces (where shadows go, using thin layers etc) I am not great at it in practice. My faces are much better than they used to be, but still lacking somewhat in "smoothness" and smooth transitions. And I think that could somewhat be due to the relatively bright and as I said, cartoony, look of the Citadel paints.

Coen - stop kidding yourself dude lol. Your figures are still a cut above mine mate. This guy is just brown, no camo or anything! lol.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Coen »

Hahaha
Not

Thanks for saying so though.
User avatar
T3hGuppy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by T3hGuppy »

Gav0909 wrote:Paul - I have heard good things about it. I admit that while I am aware of the theory of painting faces (where shadows go, using thin layers etc) I am not great at it in practice. My faces are much better than they used to be, but still lacking somewhat in "smoothness" and smooth transitions. And I think that could somewhat be due to the relatively bright and as I said, cartoony, look of the Citadel paints.

Coen - stop kidding yourself dude lol. Your figures are still a cut above mine mate. This guy is just brown, no camo or anything! lol.
I've recently got the Vallejo model colour flesh tones and their seem much nicer than GW harsh colours?
On the bench

Too much to list. !!


Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/bnealuk
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Cheers Guppy, maybe I will try that range, I am trying to switch to Vallejo paints whenever I need new paint now.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Update 18

Final Update!!

Ok, so the time has finally arrived where I post up the final build/painting related update on this WW2 Group Build. First I would like to thank Paul and Lee for setting up this fine forum, I have had an enjoyable time here so far, and its stirred my interest in modelling to new heights, although its not wallet friendly! I would also like to thank everyone who has looked at this thread and even more thanks to those who have kept it going by posting comments and feedback.

I have had fun doing this, which we all know is the most important thing, but I have also learnt several new techniques along the way, so an all round good experience.

There is pics in this update, although only a few. I forgot to take final pics of the last crew member, but you will see him in the final pics anyway. I got the oils out, and at the risk of possibly ruining my paintwork, I decided to have a go at adding some fading/rain streaks etc to the olive drab. And I think it turned out ok! I used dabs of blue, white, yellow and brown and streaked them down. The effect is very subtle, more so than on Pauls King Tiger build, but I think the effect is good, let me know what you think?

Here are a few last pics of the turret sides with the oil "mapping" done.
Image
Image

And to finish off, have Jennifer Lopez not wearing very much......
Image

You can now find the final reveal pictures in this thread here

Thank you again, and best of luck to everyone when it comes to judging time.

Gav out
EpoxySniffer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by EpoxySniffer »

Gav0909 wrote:Update 18

Final Update!!

And to finish off, have Jennifer Lopez not wearing very much......

You can now find the final reveal pictures in this thread here (I will edit the link in once I have posted that thread, if you read this before then..)

Thank you again, and best of luck to everyone when it comes to judging time.

Gav out
Any chance of Jennifer giving us a final reveal as well Gav ?
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

:nena: Bad Epoxysniffer, who do you think I am? :D I am sure teh interwebs has the sort of images you desire lol.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Paul »

Great job gave, just commented on your reveal thread. Great WIP thread too just what we were after so well done on that.

Great job with the oil rendering looks good mate :thumb2:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Coen »

Great stuff Gav... I'm off to the final reveal.
Loved Jenny Poo... nice touch.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Gav0909 »

Cheers guys. I had good fun doing this build, I learned a lot, tried new things and got a result I am more than happy with.

I would also have like Jenny to do a final reveal, but alas this is a "family" forum and while on a personal level Lee and Paul might not take issue, on a professional level they might.


Hahaha who am I kidding? Lee and Paul? Professional? Pfft! :nena: :nena:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Coen »

HAHAAHAHA!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
User avatar
Radzy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Italeri M10 Achilles Groub Build

Post by Radzy »

Hi Gav ,

Amazing job on this M10 ( and Jenny too :) ).
Fantastic finishing!

Did you use Vallejo paints to finish Jenny as well? :)
One more thing about J from block - were you dry- or rather wet-brushing her ? :)
WIP:
Tamiya 1:72 F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage
----------------------
My Portfolio
My YouTube Channel
Post Reply

Return to “Builds”