Page 4 of 4
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Some News
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:05 am
by shortCummins
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Some News
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:27 am
by CJSomerset

I hate waiting! It's like xmas when you know you're getting something good.
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Some News
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:27 pm
by fightnjoe
Thanks all for the well wishes.
Last night I thought my post was a good idea. This had been entered into a group build, and had seemed to develop quite a large number of views across the boards and I thought I better update it. Woke up this morning and thought what an ego driven post that was. Call it excitement still from getting the news but still......
Sorry guys, feeling a little embarrassed for making a post like I did. Let my excitement get the best of me. Mind you I want to become a regular contributor to magazines, have had that desire since my teens. Mostly because of the cool factor of seeing my name in print as well as seeing my work published. But I am a realist and that means I realize that I am not a great builder, I am not a very good writer, and put the two together I am very lucky that I was given this opportunity. The opportunity speaks more for the wonderful individuals who shared with me so many great reference materials as well as shared with me some great advice.
Joe
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Some News
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:40 pm
by CJSomerset
fightnjoe wrote: Sorry guys, feeling a little embarrassed for making a post like I did. Let my excitement get the best of me.
Don't be daft Joe! You have every right to be excited, I'd be over the moon

Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Some News
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:54 pm
by fightnjoe
I am over the moon, make no mistake. That earlier post was just out of character for me.
Joe
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Some News
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:24 am
by fightnjoe
Well the mag has been out for about a month.
Here are some pics of the finished cut away 109.
Many thanks for all the very kind comments.
Joe
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:28 am
by shortCummins
what mag?
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 am
by patrickroos
What a beauty!
Great initiative and excellent execution.
Overall a great build and the cutaway brings it to the next level.
A real show piece!
I have just started mine, but that will be fully dressed!
I have decided on the other of the two provided colour schemes.
-Anything special to look out for build wise?
Fantastic work mate, well done!!

Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:54 pm
by fightnjoe
Very kind both of you.
The mag is Model Aircraft Magazine.
Patrick there are two things that may give you issue. One is the engine mounts. They are mirror in the kit but one should be straighter than the other. If you are building it closed up you will not have issue with it but be aware. The second is the decals, they were difficult for me. They broke apart and would not move easily into place.
Joe
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 am
by Jscale32
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 pm
by fightnjoe
Many many thanks.
Joe
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:25 pm
by patrickroos
Building this myself now I can appreciate what You achieved with Yours even more...
Looking at Your pics again and what an effort mate...holy cra...and the guts It takes to do a cutaway.
Kudos to You dude!!

Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:24 pm
by Skullfish
I'm in please.
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 am
by fightnjoe
Anyone can do this. Anyone. And most would do it much much better than I.
You are very kind.
Joe
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 pm
by Pauljames
Great 109
Re: Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10 Finished Pictures Final
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:31 am
by fightnjoe
Many thanks.
Joe