Page 38 of 47
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:41 pm
by digger303
not bad for a hobby shack....where are you going to live

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:54 am
by Astaroth
The hobby room is in the basement, so ... upstairs obviously.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:11 pm
by Black73Cat
Considering I've only been at this for a few weeks and my first kit is still WiP...I'm quite chuffed with this!
Only temporary because wor lass has given me instruction to "go and buy a shed...just for you!"
I was very lucky in that a mate was selling up all of his kit...so I jumped in and bought the lot!

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:20 pm
by Lysus
Slick setup!
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:04 am
by 04Stefan07
privatepete wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:02 pm
Hi this is my new/old work space I had to move and condense it all down.
And there is still a load in box's
The Abteilung 502 paints you got on the wall there, what are you using to hold those up? I can't see it properly.
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:26 am
by privatepete
04Stefan07 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:04 am
privatepete wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:02 pm
Hi this is my new/old work space I had to move and condense it all down.
And there is still a load in box's
The Abteilung 502 paints you got on the wall there, what are you using to hold those up? I can't see it properly.
Hi, it's a wooden bored with 3 lines of small hooks, a bulldog clips on the end of the oil paints
Hope the pic's help

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am
by Lysus
Welp, I'm stealing that idea.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:41 am
by privatepete
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 am
by 04Stefan07
Woah thanks.
What a simple idea!!!
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am
by Joker56
Lysus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am
Welp, I'm stealing that idea.
Me too buddy
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am
by privatepete
Joker56 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am
Lysus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am
Welp, I'm stealing that idea.
Me too buddy
Help yourself boys it's free

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 pm
by Black73Cat
Lysus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am
Welp, I'm stealing that idea.
Me too...before you secure the patent!
Top idea.
Thank you!
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:42 pm
by privatepete
Black73Cat wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 pm
Lysus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am
Welp, I'm stealing that idea.
Me too...before you secure the patent!
Top idea.
Thank you!
Graeme your more than

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 pm
by OneSmallStep1966
Lysus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am
Welp, I'm stealing that idea.
Nothing wrong with a bit of plagiarism, I'm going to steal that one too

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:51 pm
by privatepete
OneSmallStep1966 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 pm
Lysus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am
Welp, I'm stealing that idea.
Nothing wrong with a bit of plagiarism, I'm going to steal that one too
Good job I don't tell anyone I've won the lottery

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 am
by digger303
Its given me a space saving, doubling of paint storage capacity idea....thanks......who knows how long it will take me to do that...hahaha
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 am
by aur0ra145
Added a bit of artwork to my hobby space. My gf drew the B-25J, I'm waiting on her to finish a Spitfire and Raiden to put up there.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:06 am
by 04Stefan07
Holy crap!
My jaw just dropped and went through to the next level.
All those paints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ohhhhh the sink! That is the best part, I have always wanted one in my hobby room!
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:11 pm
by 04Stefan07
Here is mine!
It's basically the hobby room/makerspace.
3D printer in one corner, spray booth and work area. Plenty of other stuff off camera and in the wardrobe too!
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:20 pm
by Relic
Well here it is. Three photos. Just how it is in the middle of a job.
I am currently building a lift-span bridge diorama for the Ballina Naval & Maritime Museum.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:44 pm
by Paul
Very cool workspace, liking that and that bridge looks great
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:14 am
by Fridgy
All right slowly getting the new house sorted
Have managed to clear a space in the 1 car garage to set my tables up.... a lot smaller space than I had... the joys of down sizing. ....
Work in progress.....

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:32 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Uhhh there is a BBQ in your living room....shrimps for the barbie and all that rot
Did you guys move then???
Oh shrimps...we had some wicked fresh shrimp in Hawaii, really huge guys and my wife made a ginger lime butter sauce for them. Mmmmm

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:40 am
by Fridgy
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:32 am
Uhhh there is a BBQ in your living room....shrimps for the barbie and all that rot
Did you guys move then???
Oh shrimps...we had some wicked fresh shrimp in Hawaii, really huge guys and my wife made a ginger lime butter sauce for them. Mmmmm
I would like nothing better than a bbq in the kitchen... but Carbon Monoxide is bad mkay.....
Yeah we got kicked out of the long term rental we were in... almost 6 years worth of accumulated crap to sort through. This place is a little smaller and only a single car garage..... which the bike needs space in.... have managed to crave out a little space for my hobby corner....
Its used to be a whole room..... I think it will take me a while to get everything sorted
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:46 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Fridgy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:40 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:32 am
Uhhh there is a BBQ in your living room....shrimps for the barbie and all that rot
Did you guys move then???
Oh shrimps...we had some wicked fresh shrimp in Hawaii, really huge guys and my wife made a ginger lime butter sauce for them. Mmmmm
I would like nothing better than a bbq in the kitchen... but Carbon Monoxide is bad mkay.....
Yeah we got kicked out of the long term rental we were in... almost 6 years worth of accumulated crap to sort through. This place is a little smaller and only a single car garage..... which the bike needs space in.... have managed to crave out a little space for my hobby corner....
Its used to be a whole room..... I think it will take me a while to get everything sorted
Shoot, sorry to hear that
Housing and rentals are a huge issue over here....gov didn't protect neighbourhoods vs foreign investment invasion so costs are absolutely retardedly expensive. If we didn't own the house for 15 yrs and build the new one ourselves, we could not have afforded it. Finding a rental is no easy feat either high demand low supply.
I hope you got something that will work out for ya.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:53 am
by Fridgy
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:46 am
Fridgy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:40 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:32 am
Uhhh there is a BBQ in your living room....shrimps for the barbie and all that rot
Did you guys move then???
Oh shrimps...we had some wicked fresh shrimp in Hawaii, really huge guys and my wife made a ginger lime butter sauce for them. Mmmmm
I would like nothing better than a bbq in the kitchen... but Carbon Monoxide is bad mkay.....
Yeah we got kicked out of the long term rental we were in... almost 6 years worth of accumulated crap to sort through. This place is a little smaller and only a single car garage..... which the bike needs space in.... have managed to crave out a little space for my hobby corner....
Its used to be a whole room..... I think it will take me a while to get everything sorted
Shoot, sorry to hear that
Housing and rentals are a huge issue over here....gov didn't protect neighbourhoods vs foreign investment invasion so costs are absolutely retardedly expensive. If we didn't own the house for 15 yrs and build the new one ourselves, we could not have afforded it. Finding a rental is no easy feat either high demand low supply.
I hope you got something that will work out for ya.
Cheers buddy, it is smaller than we are used to but hey, that a good excuse to get rid of all the crap that hasn't been used for ages....
Slowly getting there with it all. The bike has her side of the garage and im slowly craving out a space for my models in here as well
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:19 am
by Fridgy
Looking a little more like a work space now

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:26 am
by digger303
It's a bitch moving and packing , unpacking and then sorting it all out.....painful
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:27 am
by digger303
[quote=Relic post_id=272811 time=1491049250 user_id=10716]
Well here it is. Three photos. Just how it is in the middle of a job.
I am currently building a lift-span bridge diorama for the Ballina Naval & Maritime Museum.
Like to see that bridge when you finish it if not before

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:53 am
by Relic
G'day digger303.
Just started a thread on the said subject
viewtopic.php?f=43&p=272975#p272975
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:57 pm
by digger303
I'll check it out..thanks
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:13 pm
by Bangorlad
This is my workbench.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:49 am
by Astaroth
I finally finished assembling my new bench today. That also means that I can now show my new spray booth in its final place.
The hose is obviously not attached yet, the vent is right above the booth.
It's slowly starting to take shape.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 am
by digger303
looks promising
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am
by Astaroth
digger303 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 am
looks promising
I hope so. I still don't have a definite plan about tool storage.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:53 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Bangorlad wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:13 pm
This is my workbench.
This is a super organized little space
I like the hanging storage racks on the sides...I see a place for Evergreen Styrene on one side and paints on the other.
Might have to steal some of those those ideas
Something about a nice small efficient space
Well done

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:55 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Astaroth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am
digger303 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 am
looks promising
I hope so. I still don't have a definite plan about tool storage.
What is getting the wheels???
You making a rolling cart perhaps

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 pm
by Astaroth
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:55 pm
Astaroth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am
digger303 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 am
looks promising
I hope so. I still don't have a definite plan about tool storage.
What is getting the wheels???
You making a rolling cart perhaps
I have plans.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:41 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Astaroth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:55 pm
Astaroth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am
I hope so. I still don't have a definite plan about tool storage.
What is getting the wheels???
You making a rolling cart perhaps
I have plans.
A Deathstar perhaps Lord Vader???
Plug your vent hole

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:20 pm
by Astaroth
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:41 pm
Astaroth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:55 pm
What is getting the wheels???
You making a rolling cart perhaps
I have plans.
A Deathstar perhaps Lord Vader???
Plug your vent hole
I never said they were perfect plans.

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 pm
by Black73Cat
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:10 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Awesome

Nothing wrong with that tidy organized space
Looking forward to the hobby shed build....take lots of pics, it is funny how much you will forget when done and fun to look back on gettting it done
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:59 pm
by Black73Cat
Thanks Scott.
Yeah, I can't wait...there will be lots of pics

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:43 pm
by Maverik
Very nice
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 am
by digger303
good stuff, be good to see how the shed evolves.
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:24 pm
by Black73Cat
Just finalising design and waiting for groundwork to be done...Hope to get it delivered in around a month. Fingers crossed!
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:42 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Black73Cat wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:24 pm
Just finalising design and waiting for groundwork to be done...Hope to get it delivered in around a month. Fingers crossed!
If it doesn't have a figure in green tights and a pointy hat on the roof I will be very disappointed.
May I suggest the following:

Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 pm
by Lysus
One of my favorite Looney Tunes.
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Lysus wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 pm
One of my favorite Looney Tunes.
Ha Ha, mine too
I have a Retrokit resin figure of Daffy from Ultimate I have to make up one day
Re: Lets see your modelling work areas
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:27 pm
by aur0ra145
Added some more art to the space. My gf likes to make drawings of the stuff I've built. Secretly, I'm training her to recce WWII era aircraft. So far she can discern a B-25J, Spitfire, T-45 and F/A-18F.
I also, ask her a lot about what country a plane is from and she's started picking up on roundels. So, without my knowing she made up a chart of the USA roundels we've used historically. I think I will keep this gf.
The Raiden is the paint scheme picture from the Tamiya kit. It just looked really nice and fit well into a 10"x8" frame.
