Page 379 of 388

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:53 pm
by smokeriderdon
Got this baby yesterday. I finally broke down and got one after trying to paint the B-58. It will be ebing set up tonight or tomorrow.

Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:25 am
by digger303
smokeriderdon wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:53 pm Got this baby yesterday. I finally broke down and got one after trying to paint the B-58. It will be ebing set up tonight or tomorrow.

Image
Well done and those dual fans are a good choice.
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:06 am
by digger303
Excellent sources these are if you can find them. The only thing that would make them better is colour pic's, but given it's WW1 it's understandable.
Image

Armoured cars are cool from modellers building prospective.
Image

:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:16 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:33 am This thing arrived.
Looks pretty cool and quick tests says it functions and sprays
Have ordered another quick disconnect from Amazon for it so I can pop on all of my other brushes.
Have not used it in anger yet with paint, will try and do that and get a video review up maybe on the weekend
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I have filmed a spray video of this little unit using Ultimate primer.
I want to add some other paint media to add to the video so it is more complete.
Please stand by

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:08 am
by digger303
Finally after waiting 5 weeks they arrived.
Image
Image

I tried 4 links and they went together easily ....No drilling required, but glue is to retain the pins as per normal.
They don't look to bad after all given the size of them....smallish.

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:25 am
by Twokidsnosleep
A few things toddling into the office this week.

Super random close by eBay purchase on a Friday night…possibly a whisky sour influence

Image


I have a 3D file to print the band members in full weirdo garb to match the sub
Image

Then to align with our Summer SciFi Sig
1/144 X wing
Image

The Planet Scarif’s Sheild Gate from the Rogue One Movie. I had to order this made from Shapeways nd it cost me a fortune :roll:
Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:53 am
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:25 am A few things toddling onto the office this week.

Super random close by eBay purchase on a Friday night…possibly a whisky sour influence

Image


I have a 3D file to print the band members in full weirdo garb to match the sub
Image

Then to align with our Summer SciFi Sig
1/144 X wing
Image

The Planet Scarif’s Sheild Gate from the Rogue One Movie. I had to order this made from Shapeways nd it cost me a fortune :roll:
Image
Going on a adventure in time
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:33 am
by RangerNeil
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:25 am A few things toddling onto the office this week.

Super random close by eBay purchase on a Friday night…possibly a whisky sour influence

Image


I have a 3D file to print the band members in full weirdo garb to match the sub
Image

Then to align with our Summer SciFi Sig
1/144 X wing
Image

The Planet Scarif’s Sheild Gate from the Rogue One Movie. I had to order this made from Shapeways nd it cost me a fortune :roll:
Image
Going to be a few X-Wings in the build this year. :) No TIE fighters though - yet. :)
The shield gate looks a lovely job - no idea what it is or does as I've not seen Rogue One.

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:01 am
by digger303
RangerNeil wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:33 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:25 am A few things toddling onto the office this week.

Super random close by eBay purchase on a Friday night…possibly a whisky sour influence

Image


I have a 3D file to print the band members in full weirdo garb to match the sub
Image

Then to align with our Summer SciFi Sig
1/144 X wing
Image

The Planet Scarif’s Sheild Gate from the Rogue One Movie. I had to order this made from Shapeways nd it cost me a fortune :roll:
Image
Going to be a few X-Wings in the build this year. :) No TIE fighters though - yet. :)
The shield gate looks a lovely job - no idea what it is or does as I've not seen Rogue One.
it's basically a gate way through the planetary shield.
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:39 pm
by RangerNeil
A surprise delivery..... the 1/48 MPC Hawk - and it is a LOT more detailed than the Airfix one. :)
Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:36 pm
by digger303
RangerNeil wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:39 pm A surprise delivery..... the 1/48 MPC Hawk - and it is a LOT more detailed than the Airfix one. :)
Image
Huge difference.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:28 pm
by smokeriderdon
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:25 am A few things toddling onto the office this week.

Super random close by eBay purchase on a Friday night…possibly a whisky sour influence

Image


I have a 3D file to print the band members in full weirdo garb to match the sub
Image

Then to align with our Summer SciFi Sig
1/144 X wing
Image

The Planet Scarif’s Sheild Gate from the Rogue One Movie. I had to order this made from Shapeways nd it cost me a fortune :roll:
Image
Awesome! I built the Yellow Submarine for my son who is a Beatles fan. I raised him right. :) Id love to get ahold of those figures!

My build thread of the Yellow Submarine...
https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 10&i=12#12

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:32 pm
by RangerNeil
digger303 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:36 pm
RangerNeil wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:39 pm A surprise delivery..... the 1/48 MPC Hawk - and it is a LOT more detailed than the Airfix one. :)
Image
Huge difference.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
Literally. :) If I'd had this in the stash before I started I would likely have carried out some some mods on the Airfix one....

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:39 am
by RangerNeil
Airfix Club renewal arrived today :)
Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:20 am
by digger303
Nice.
Never known anyone to be disappointed when someone handed them a spitfire.....well except from eastern express :lol:
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:45 am
by Stokesy44
RangerNeil wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:39 am Airfix Club renewal arrived today :)
Image
Nice little combo. I bet the Tiffy dwarfs the Spit.

Here's a question for you. Given PR birds flew at ultra-high altitude, why did they paint invasion stripes on them?

I'm not trying to be clever, I dont know the answer. :tongue:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:44 pm
by digger303
Maybe because they might be forced down low and wanted all the aircraft to be the same and not cause confusion....Don't know either , but it was the only thing I could think of.

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:29 pm
by RangerNeil
Got to agree with Digger - its the only reason I can think - plus of course on landing & take off they would be low enough to be spotted.......

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:05 pm
by digger303
Asuka.
A real specialist in the modelling world the way they focused on the Shermans.I don't really know of any other who did anything like that and succeeded as a business. About the only thing that's lacking in the kit is a proper cast surface texture and maybe tracks. Depends if you like single piece vinyl or not as vinyl they have great detail.
Image

:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:46 pm
by RangerNeil
More goodies... :)
Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:47 pm
by smokeriderdon
This first is not the postman. I saw this in the shop yesterday and couldnt leave it languishing to be purchased by some hack. LOL

Image

Next, and this is postman, no particular plans to do one of these soon, but I like the options so I snagged them

Image

And finally, bragging rights if you can guess what this stuff is. I will say its 1/48. :)

Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:23 am
by digger303
smokeriderdon wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:47 pm This first is not the postman. I saw this in the shop yesterday and couldnt leave it languishing to be purchased by some hack. LOL

Image

Next, and this is postman, no particular plans to do one of these soon, but I like the options so I snagged them

Image

And finally, bragging rights if you can guess what this stuff is. I will say its 1/48. :)

Image
Nice..........maybe a star wars sand crawer ? 1/144
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:24 am
by digger303
RangerNeil wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:46 pm More goodies... :)
Image
I really like those new gen sets.
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:29 am
by digger303
Yesterday I had a lovely day recieving this lot.
The box was messed up before I won it via ebay, but everything else is good.
Image

I like these biplanes even though I struggle with the rigging and getting the wings right.
Image

This jeep set was put up on special really cheap at BNA and jeeps are small enough and common enough to always be useful.
Image

With this purchase I have reached storage capacity :o :shock: :? :cry: I shall have to build faster :roll: :lol: :lol:

:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:40 am
by DRUMS01
Great looking stuff all around, for me nuttin.....

It's been slim pickings for me lately (especially after getting my wallet stolen).

Hope to show something regarding new purchases soon.

Ben

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:02 am
by RangerNeil
digger303 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:24 am
RangerNeil wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:46 pm More goodies... :)
Image
I really like those new gen sets.
:cheers2:
Yeah - they work equally with hairy brush or air brush!!!
Hairy brush:
Image

Air brush:
Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:04 am
by RangerNeil
smokeriderdon wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:47 pm This first is not the postman. I saw this in the shop yesterday and couldnt leave it languishing to be purchased by some hack. LOL

Image

Next, and this is postman, no particular plans to do one of these soon, but I like the options so I snagged them

Image

And finally, bragging rights if you can guess what this stuff is. I will say its 1/48. :)

Image
Resin LST or LCP???

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:59 am
by smokeriderdon
Those would be the inner supports for the MH-53J. Along with the floor and various interior parts. To be used on the 1/48 Revell CH-53 kit. I also have the Lonestar exterior set and waiting for other exterior stuff from Reskit.

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:00 am
by digger303
smokeriderdon wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:59 am Those would be the inner supports for the MH-53J. Along with the floor and various interior parts. To be used on the 1/48 Revell CH-53 kit. I also have the Lonestar exterior set and waiting for other exterior stuff from Reskit.
Well I couldn't be further from the correct answer if I tried :doh: :lol: :lol:


Well after prodding the Post Office a bit after being lost for 12 days after the due delivery date in the inner workings of said PO they finally released it to me. Needless to say I was on tender hooks with this particular kit wondering if it was lost for ever.

Image

:D :D :D

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:48 pm
by DRUMS01
I like that digger. I've seen a british truck with a boors gun on the back that I'm debating getting. The reviews on your kid seem very positive. Are you going have a crew with it?

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:02 am
by RangerNeil
digger303 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:00 am <snipped>
Well after prodding the Post Office a bit after being lost for 12 days after the due delivery date in the inner workings of said PO they finally released it to me. Needless to say I was on tender hooks with this particular kit wondering if it was lost for ever.

Image

:D :D :D
Oh gawd I know that feeling!!! :( £500 worth of 1/32 Viggen from JetMads is STILL unaccounted for, together with 5 others..... :(

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:18 am
by digger303
DRUMS01 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:48 pm I like that digger. I've seen a british truck with a boors gun on the back that I'm debating getting. The reviews on your kid seem very positive. Are you going have a crew with it?
I will keep a eye out for a crew set and probably some other upgrades. As the wheels are all plastic and will look best with the out riggers deployed.
The truck with Bofors wouldn't be the Thunder models one. The first release has all the radios....very nice kit if not a lot of small parts.

:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:26 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Got a modelling book today

Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:46 am
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:26 am Got a modelling book today

Image
Ohhh I didn't know such a book existed cause I have a idea that's been peculating for a time while I gather the bits needed.

:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:35 pm
by RangerNeil
Postal oddity!!! This came today:
Image

Which, of itself, is not odd. What is odd is there were THREE of them and I only ordered one!!! :?

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:48 am
by digger303
A few supplies and a hint book :)

Image

I know I said about not buying variants , but this with it's modified super structure really adds something to a T-72
Image

:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:41 pm
by RangerNeil
ITS HERE!!!! :banana:
Probably setting a record for late delivery having arrived in the UK, with 5 others, on 17th Feb '24. :shock:
Image

Also got these - paints for the Jaguar and a new tube of filler.......
Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:29 am
by digger303
RangerNeil wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:41 pm ITS HERE!!!! :banana:
Probably setting a record for late delivery having arrived in the UK, with 5 others, on 17th Feb '24. :shock:
Image

Also got these - paints for the Jaguar and a new tube of filler.......
Image
Yaeee I'm so glad that it finally arrived ...thank goodness.
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:54 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
AK has a big sale on their oil paints if anyone interested…like 2 euros per tube

Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:11 am
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:54 pm AK has a big sale on their oil paints if anyone interested…like 2 euros per tube

Image
Yes I would be except the freight cost is huge to Aust.
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:14 am
by digger303
Built a Trumpeter Stuka some time ago, but I caught the bug and wouldn't mind building another and these Border kits don't look bad.

Image

:cheers2:

Ps....did anyone notice , but this thread has had over a million views.... :dance:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:35 pm
by RangerNeil
Thats a LOT of views!!
And to add to it - the replacement decals for the Jaguar arrived today together with Swedish airforce colours for the Viggens.
Image

Image

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:11 am
by Twokidsnosleep
DHL brought in my order. I had to delay it a week as they tried to deliver when I was away

Image

Image


A $22 shipping fee and Digger was correct, I got dinged another $23 duty tax.

The oil tubes were $2.50 each . Amazon they range $8-22 and some higher
The leather set was $15.00 . Amazon the kit is $40 if even available
The solvents $3.50 Amazon the average is $15

So I did save some money, just not quite as much with the tax man involved collecting his duty
AK is redesigning the oils appearance and packaging, so look for them to be more expensive as well

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:29 am
by aur0ra145
RangerNeil wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:41 pm ITS HERE!!!! :banana:
Probably setting a record for late delivery having arrived in the UK, with 5 others, on 17th Feb '24. :shock:
Image

Also got these - paints for the Jaguar and a new tube of filler.......
Image
NICE! I know you'd been sweating that one for a while, glad you finally got it. :banana:

digger303 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:14 am Built a Trumpeter Stuka some time ago, but I caught the bug and wouldn't mind building another and these Border kits don't look bad.

Image

:cheers2:

Ps....did anyone notice , but this thread has had over a million views.... :dance:
Great looking kit, I've been eyeing making a Stuka for some time....
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:11 am DHL brought in my order. I had to delay it a week as they tried to deliver when I was away

Image

Image


A $22 shipping fee and Digger was correct, I got dinged another $23 duty tax.

The oil tubes were $2.50 each . Amazon they range $8-22 and some higher
The leather set was $15.00 . Amazon the kit is $40 if even available
The solvents $3.50 Amazon the average is $15

So I did save some money, just not quite as much with the tax man involved collecting his duty
AK is redesigning the oils appearance and packaging, so look for them to be more expensive as well
That is a great deal!

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:38 am
by digger303
DSPIAE sunk another hook into me :lol:

Image

Reciprocating sander.
Now if only my results would improve :lol: :lol:

:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:14 pm
by RangerNeil
digger303 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:38 am DSPIAE sunk another hook into me :lol:

Image

Reciprocating sander.
Now if only my results would improve :lol: :lol:

:cheers2:
Got my eye on one of those too - be interested to hear your feedback on it Digger.

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:36 am
by digger303
RangerNeil wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:14 pm
digger303 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:38 am DSPIAE sunk another hook into me :lol:

Image

Reciprocating sander.
Now if only my results would improve :lol: :lol:

:cheers2:
Got my eye on one of those too - be interested to hear your feedback on it Digger.
Sure when I start a new kit atm I have 3 to finish and all at late construction or painting phase.

:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:34 am
by aur0ra145
digger303 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:36 am
RangerNeil wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:14 pm
digger303 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:38 am DSPIAE sunk another hook into me :lol:

Image

Reciprocating sander.
Now if only my results would improve :lol: :lol:

:cheers2:
Got my eye on one of those too - be interested to hear your feedback on it Digger.
Sure when I start a new kit atm I have 3 to finish and all at late construction or painting phase.

:cheers2:
I'm interested too on the performance of that piece.

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:47 pm
by digger303
aur0ra145 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:34 am
digger303 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:36 am
RangerNeil wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:14 pm

Got my eye on one of those too - be interested to hear your feedback on it Digger.
Sure when I start a new kit atm I have 3 to finish and all at late construction or painting phase.

:cheers2:
I'm interested too on the performance of that piece.
Sure no worries I'll let you know when I get to use it..
:cheers2:

Re: What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today....

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:21 pm
by digger303
A preloved goodie which going by how daded the box lid is I don't think it had muck. Nevertheless it comes with 2 grand bikes exhibiting finely cast parts including nifty PE preformed spoked wheels. Maybe a little 2d, but nifty.

Image

Oh and some metal tracks.

:th: :th:
:cheers2: