Page 5 of 21

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 pm
by Panzermeister36
HollywoodModelling wrote:Throw that tomorrow out of the window here is my stash:
Nice stash bro, some nice kits in there! :thumb2: You shoulda entered in the JAM113 GB with the Vietnam M113. Also, why do you have "Stalag 13" as where you live?? :crazy: :crazy: Am I under US Gov. surveillance for knowing you...?

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:08 am
by Daishi12
Nice stash mate, just a quick word of caution, when you build up the Airfix Westland Gazelle, MrsModeller and I found it is a massive tail-sitter. We had to add about 5 grams behind the cockpit bulkhead.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:00 am
by JohnP
Here's my stash.. :oops: :oops:

Image

Image

Image

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:25 pm
by Panzerwolf
Here you go Hollywood:

Aircraft
Image
Armor
Image
Not sure what to do with this yet, hoping for some GB that fits...
Image

I'll be using the B-17 or the Greif for the Bombers GB.
The HobbyBoss 'Hintern' designation still bothers me :x

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:00 am
by Panzermeister36
John and Panzerwolf ...your stashes are weak.. I don't see any triples of quads of the same kit. :lol: :lol:

Awesome collections guys; sooo many tanks I'd gladly 'permanently borrow without permission'...E-50...Panther II...Sherman ETO...Hellcat...King Tiger... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:31 pm
by Raptor
Only really started scale modelling a few months ago so my stash is small :(
It is growing though..
Image

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 am
by rm6239
Well their are some nice stash's there guys. I've never really pulled my stash out of their plastic containers before.. thanks alot :twisted: thanks to this topic I thought I would. After banishing the wife to the computer room and telling her not to come out :lol: I did. There is some overlap on the photos.

Miscellanous junk. There are more in the kits but I didn't pull them out.

Image

Random kits.

Image

Figures.

Image

WWII, AFV's and Planes

Image

Image

Modern Planes.

Image

Oh dear :oops: I think I have a fetish for MIG's.


cheers

Rossco

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:03 am
by rm6239
Panzerwolf, I think Hintern just means the turret is at the back of the body, there is one with the turret right up the front, which has a different name but is the same vehicle.

cheers

Rossco

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 am
by Panzermeister36
Jesus man my stash is like 15 tanks and a couple of birds!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Give 'em here!! :D :D

Y'all must be going bankrupt with all this stuff!!! :jd: :jd: :jd: Is the rule when at the hobby store 'buy the three kits you like and then only build the best looking one - Then repeat' ?!?!?

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 am
by Panzermeister36
rm6239 wrote:Panzerwolf, I think Hintern just means the turret is at the back of the body, there is one with the turret right up the front, which has a different name but is the same vehicle.

cheers

Rossco
He explained that Hinten means "rear" and Hintern means "butt" I believe... :cheers2:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:50 am
by rm6239
Ah didn't see that.

cheers

Rossco

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 am
by Raptor
I though i was buying to many kits for a beginner but now i've seen everyone else's stash's i feel that mine is tiny.

I feel some overtime at work coming on... and a dozen more kits to be ordered!

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:37 am
by Bissyboat
Nice booty in your treasures lads. Mine is spaced out in two massive drawers. Got some armour, wingy things and a fair amount of floaty things. I will post some pics soon. Do as you preach, right?

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:52 am
by Johni044
My first post was to share the pain of my affliction, it was supposed to be cautionary not inspirational.

Some nice kits there though :-)

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:02 am
by Johni044
Johni044 wrote:My first post was to share the pain of my affliction, it was supposed to be cautionary not inspirational.

Some nice kits there though :-)
Only joking, the more the merrier.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 pm
by MakingModelsAgain
I always said (and have thus far stuck to it) that when this single 1000mm base unit in my cave was full, then that would be it for my stash. Nothing new unless there was a space for it!

Please ignore the bottle of Jura. I have no idea where that came from. None at all.

Image

Excluded from that of course would be the WiPs. :)

Image

Image

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 pm
by Paul
Nice Gary, I hear that Jura is great for medicinal purposes :thumb2:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:12 pm
by Gav0909
Gary those pictures must have been taken ages ago.....there is sun (I think that's what its called) in those pics! I ain't seen that for months!

Nice stash though!

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Some precious kits are hinding there, now i know where i can steal some kits hehe :)

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:46 pm
by Panzermeister36
HamilkarBarkas wrote:Some precious kits are hinding there, now i know where i can steal some kits hehe :)
Sent us pics of your stash Michael. Probably a LOT of kits :thumb2: :thumb2:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 pm
by Panzermeister36
HollywoodModelling wrote:Yeah I want to see Hamilkars Stash as well... :D And Panzermeisters too..:D
Lot mine'll fit in one picture. I have a tight budget; most of it goes towards paint. I also try not to buy that many kits as I've got enough right now. I think I have 15 kits (excluding figure sets) and I probably paid for 4 of them, the rest all all gifts for Christmas etc and donations by my fellow club members because they all have stashes like Michael.

They tell me stories of how they sneak new kits in the basement window because their wives don't want them to buy any more kits. One guy said he did it when his wife was in the basement cleaning :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:00 pm
by Panzermeister36
HollywoodModelling wrote:I don't care.. PICTURES:D
Sure I'll have some up soon :thumb2:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm
by 5Craven
If you would like to see some more stashes there is an earlier thread here; http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... your+stash enjoy :th:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm
by Johni044
Oops sorry, perhaps the mods could merge the threads ?

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:08 pm
by ScaleModelling1105
Panzerwolf wrote:Here you go Hollywood:

Aircraft
Image
Armor
Image
Not sure what to do with this yet, hoping for some GB that fits...
Image

I'll be using the B-17 or the Greif for the Bombers GB.
The HobbyBoss 'Hintern' designation still bothers me :x

I don't know much about ships but that Mayflower seems to be in quite a weird scale.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 pm
by Panzerwolf
I don't know much about ships but that Mayflower seems to be in quite a weird scale.
Noticed that too. Seems that it's the only model of such scale...

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
HollywoodModelling wrote:Yeah I want to see Hamilkars Stash as well... :D And Panzermeisters too..:D
Panzermeister36 wrote:
Sent us pics of your stash Michael. Probably a LOT of kits :thumb2: :thumb2:

Are you really sure you want this? You will only start to drool or start to cry :nena:

Nahh, actually i have seen more epic stashes in this thread than mine, so don´t expect too much.

Problem is i have two stashes at two different places. However, the second stash is not that important, it only contains plenty of 1:72 scale figures and kits i have almost forgotten about.
I´ll show you my main stash later, it will take some work to take the pics.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:02 pm
by Lego
Ok, my small collection.

Floaties

Image

Armour

Image
Image

Wingy

Image

Other

Image

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:20 pm
by Panzerwolf
Wow, that Bismarck of yours is one huge model :eeek:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Alright, here is my stash. Its not really nicely displayed, i just took pictures of it.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

As i said earlier there is more in my second stash, but mainly 1:72 scale figures and other minor kits. I will take some pics as soon as i´m there again :)

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:19 pm
by Panzerwolf
Another beautiful stash!
I see your Vasa is similar to my Mayflower.
Any idea what to do with that yet?
Like some diorama, I need inspiration :think:
Also I'd like to see some of your techniques for building older sailing ships ;)

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
HollywoodModelling wrote:
Haha Reiner's Bunker Welt awesome..:D And the rest of the stash is nice too, especially considering what you are able to create out of these..:D
I met the guy in October in Rain where i displayed my work in the exhibition, he built up his shop there. His stuff is quite good and very beneficial. 18€ for that big package with street and house front is not bad at all.
Another beautiful stash!
I see your Vasa is similar to my Mayflower.
Any idea what to do with that yet?
Like some diorama, I need inspiration :think:
Also I'd like to see some of your techniques for sailing ships to build mine ;)
Thank you, no idea what to do with the Vasa. I hate sailing ship rigging so i might show it during the transition between two construction docks without masts and rigging. However, its a quite intimidating kit and the colourful figures on the back of the ship will be a pain to paint.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:24 pm
by Schoof
Wow so he's big time cheaper then mini art ! ...... does he have a website .

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Schoof wrote:Wow so he's big time cheaper then mini art ! ...... does he have a website .
There you go :cheers2:

http://www.rainersbunkerwelt.de/

In my opinion his shop is a bit confusing, but you will get by i think.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 pm
by Tonygol
The stash that was!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

About 80 odd kits which a relative let me have as they were moving.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Tonygol wrote:The stash that was!

About 80 odd kits which a relative let me have as they were moving.
This will keep you busy for a while :jd:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 pm
by Schoof
That is looking gooooooood he is getting orders from me by the looks of it

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:40 pm
by Lego
I really thought you would have had a huge stash Hammy. I mean you really do shift through a lot of models on youtube. I guess that answers it :cheers2: you build them and don't stash them :D

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:44 pm
by Tonygol
HamilkarBarkas wrote:
Tonygol wrote:The stash that was!

About 80 odd kits which a relative let me have as they were moving.
This will keep you busy for a while :jd:
I am afraid most or nearly all of them have been sold.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:45 pm
by JohnP
Hmmm.. If you guys have anything you don't need.. I'll gladly take them off your hands... ;)

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:45 pm
by JohnP
Tonygol wrote:
HamilkarBarkas wrote:
Tonygol wrote:The stash that was!

About 80 odd kits which a relative let me have as they were moving.
This will keep you busy for a while :jd:
I am afraid most or nearly all of them have been sold.
:jd:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm
by Panzerwolf
JohnP wrote:Hmmm.. If you guys have anything you don't need.. I'll gladly take them off your hands... ;)
Take my Mayflower anytime you want, I don't feel like painting and rigging at all...

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Lego wrote:I really thought you would have had a huge stash Hammy. I mean you really do shift through a lot of models on youtube. I guess that answers it :cheers2: you build them and don't stash them :D
Thats true indeed, but as i mentioned there is a bit more at the other stash in my own flat. Especially my figure stash is small as i tend to paint them as soon as i receive them. I try to keep my stash small but in the last months i realized that a bigger stash can be an advantage. you always have acess to kits if you have a spontaneous idea for a diorama for example. I will certainly increase my dioramastuff stash in the future, you can´t have enough of buildings and other acessoires.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:48 pm
by Tonygol
80 plus kits filled the living room so they had to go.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 pm
by JohnP
Tonygol wrote:80 plus kits filled the living room so they had to go.
[youtube]WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtube]

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 pm
by Tonygol
JohnP wrote:
Tonygol wrote:80 plus kits filled the living room so they had to go.
[youtube]WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtube]
LOL.

Still more to go.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:57 pm
by Panzermeister36
Tonygol wrote:
Tonygol wrote:80 plus kits filled the living room so they had to go.

LOL.

Still more to go.
If the worst comes to worst, they can always "go" to me ;) ;)

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:00 pm
by Paul
I've merged both threads together so it's all one thread.

I'll get some pics of my stash again tomorrow as it's changed a bit since last time.

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:16 am
by Jenik
Wow guys, does it mean that you need to build all these kits you have at home or you have already built it?
In any case that is a lot of plastic, think about the environment !!! :D

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 am
by Neils
Jenik wrote:Wow guys, does it mean that you need to build all these kits you have at home or you have already built it?
In any case that is a lot of plastic, think about the environment !!! :D
I've only been back in the hobby about 6 months, but already I have succumbed I think. So far my justifications for buying kits before I have finished the one I'm on are:
1. Wow, that's a great bargain I don't think i'll get one like it at that price again
2. I really like that plane and loved making the kit as a kid
3. This kit is really rare and if I don't buy it I might not get a chance for years
4. I'll buy this kit so when I see it I'm motivated to get better so I'm worthy of it
5. I need a kit to practice on, so I've not wasted my money on XYZ
6. A combination of the above.

Image