Page 6 of 8
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:00 pm
by Johnj
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:06 pm
Johnj wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:54 pm
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:10 am
Ya the mats are strikingly real.
I like the seat belts, but the frayed white edges look off....maybe a black felt pen or a brush of Ultimate black on the edges??
This car is going to be spectacular
Yeah, i noticed that scott but you cant see it in real life. I might go over the edges with a black marker anyway
Just a stupid detail, but the interior looks so realistic those little things can just scream at you
Didn't mean to be critical, just a friendly extra set of eyes on your build
Not at all scott ! I value your oplnion and a fresh set of eyes is never a bad thing

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am
by Johnj
It's amazing the dust you dont see in real life !
20171017_002046_zpsxapimexe.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 pm
by kpisnuts
Wow that is just amazing, incredible work.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:57 pm
by Johnj
kpisnuts wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 pm
Wow that is just amazing, incredible work.
Ah, thank you
I really need to get this thing moving again. Work has been hectic this past month.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 pm
by SMAddict66
Looking forward to the master class continuing.
John, I really get how irritating this work thing is. I’d pray that if I gave up this daily annoyance and focused on what I really enjoyed, I’d be able to get anywhere near the quality you and the other folks on the forum produce. But I luv looking and dreaming and hoping....
Crack on mate, I, like so many others on here, luv what you do.

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:30 am
by Johnj
SMAddict66 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 pm
Looking forward to the master class continuing.
John, I really get how irritating this work thing is. I’d pray that if I gave up this daily annoyance and focused on what I really enjoyed, I’d be able to get anywhere near the quality you and the other folks on the forum produce. But I luv looking and dreaming and hoping....
Crack on mate, I, like so many others on here, luv what you do.
Hi phil, yeah the work thing hit's hard on the modeling time. I have two weeks off over xmas so i'm hoping to spend every minute on the Enzo lol. Your far too kind with the positive comments and very modest with your own work

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 am
by kpisnuts
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:39 pm
by Johnj
Although i havent posted in this thread for a while i have been working through the PE sets for the detail stuff but it has been hard going. I have way underestimated the amount of work involved and for that reason alone it has been difficult to keep motivated.
This is what i have done in the three or four months since the last up-dates.
20171112_124113_zpsfq1pyaax.jpg
20171112_130603_zps8yjjlifg.jpg
20171112_135627_zpsndt0qxfg.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:40 pm
by Johnj
20171112_144612_zpszu2abcfo.jpg
20171112_150615_zps5ms0tckm.jpg
20171112_151119_zpsapi0yp5u.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:46 pm
by Johnj
20180325_202211_zps3xqdmka0.jpg
When i think about the amount of hours gone into those parts i'm wondering why, it just doesnt add up in my head lol.
I'm looking forward to catching up with what you guys have been up to as well

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:06 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Cool looking stuff!!!
The devil is in the details
Great to see you posting again

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:55 pm
by Johnj
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:06 pm
Cool looking stuff!!!
The devil is in the details
Great to see you posting again
Thanks scott

it's so easy to spend all your modelling hours on the forum to the point of getting nothing completed !
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:48 am
by Johnj
For the fuel lines i was just gonna paint the clear tubing, but i thought it would look more realistic if i could 'draw' the clear yellow through it. I thinned the paint with about 70% thinners thinking i would struggle to pull the paint through such a small hole, but to my surprise it went through very easily, so much so that i think i could of just used the paint neat.
20180328_010405_zps44umtm2j.jpg
20180328_012520_zpssfh46yhg.jpg
It worked that good it was starting to siphon back in the cup !
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:28 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Soooo SMART!!! That is Awesome
I am stealing the technique RFN.....right something now
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:23 am
by kpisnuts
Clever i must remember that one.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:16 pm
by Johnj
Lol. Thanks boy's.
I think we probably get 3 or 4 out of every 10 methods we try, although it is a relief when it works as hoped.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:56 pm
by Johnj
Well, that was a waste of time. The fuel line is a braided hose from the fuel pump to the 90deg coupling's on the fuel rail.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:11 pm
by Arnie3
Great job
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:30 pm
by Johnj
Arnie3 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:11 pmGreat job
Thank you
I thought this would be 1-2yr build when i started. At this rate it'll be 20yr

i need to start making modelling time a priority again.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:02 pm
by Panzergrau
I thought this would be 1-2yr build when i started. At this rate it'll be 20yr

i need to start making modelling time a priority again.
Please do! I like this one!
Gabriel

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:54 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Panzergrau wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:02 pm
I thought this would be 1-2yr build when i started. At this rate it'll be 20yr

i need to start making modelling time a priority again.
Please do! I like this one!
Gabriel
I certainly don’t have a closet shelf or two cluttered with utterly stalled builds, nope not me
It will get done when the time is right John, don’t stress over it
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:58 pm
by Panzergrau
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:54 pm
Panzergrau wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:02 pm
I thought this would be 1-2yr build when i started. At this rate it'll be 20yr

i need to start making modelling time a priority again.
Please do! I like this one!
Gabriel
I certainly don’t have a closet shelf or two cluttered with utterly stalled builds, nope not me
It will get done when the time is right John, don’t stress over it
Yeah, same here
Scott! In my five years of "serious modelling" I stalled only two projects: a resin kit from
Wespe Models and a
Revell 1/48 B-17. In both cases, the projects are only sidelined - all preserved nicely in the original box and ready to be restarted. I had problems in doing parallel builds before, but now I manage quite well two builds at the time - usually one for review and one for group builds / campaigns.
And, of course, I meant no pressure - it was an encouragement for
John 
It helps a lot to have a building schedule and try to stick to it!
Cheers!
Gabriel

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 pm
by Johnj
Finally back on the big Enzo. Woohoo !!!!!
There is yellow ferrari emblems to be added to the safety harness that i have missed. These pictures might help save someone else from taking the car apart for a simple oversight.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:27 am
by Johnj
20180812_141323_zpsfyzekur7.jpg
20180812_213046_zpspdzcjrro.jpg
20180812_213108_zpsvldlcgx0.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Johnj wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 pm
Finally back on the big Enzo. Woohoo !!!!!
There is yellow ferrari emblems to be added to the safety harness that i have missed. These pictures might help save someone else from taking the car apart for a simple oversight.
Hey bud, good to see you posting again....there is a Flickr integration posting photos directly to ISM
PM me if you need any help

Scott
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 am
by Johnj
20180812_213046_zpspdzcjrro.jpg
20180812_213108_zpsvldlcgx0.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am
by Johnj
20180812_150644_zpssxvca4nz.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 am
by Johnj
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 am
Johnj wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 pm
Finally back on the big Enzo. Woohoo !!!!!
There is yellow ferrari emblems to be added to the safety harness that i have missed. These pictures might help save someone else from taking the car apart for a simple oversight.
Hey bud, good to see you posting again....there is a Flickr integration posting photos directly to ISM
PM me if you need any help

Scott
Thanks scott

i'm still using my phone to post so i'm not sure if flickr will work.
I have been mucking around with my phone so it may just have been me changing something. I'll have more time after work to see if i can resolve it. I'll let you know

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:28 pm
by Johnj
20180812_212313_zpsbsxjvmdr.jpg
Just a test post.
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Gorgeous engine and I really like the braided connectors
Good progress man

Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 am
by Johnj
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 am
Gorgeous engine and I really like the braided connectors
Good progress man
Thanks scott. It say's O.D of braided hose is 24mm which means 2mm at this scale but it does look a bit on the large side when in place. Maybe because it's new and shiny although we can sort that out.
20180812_212150_zpsevum39kv.jpg
Still a mountain of PE to go in the engine bay !
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:13 am
by Johnj
i can defo see some light at the end of the tunnel thankfully.
as i'm changing the body colour from red to pearl white i really need to get that done and clear coated before the colder, damp weather shows up. 5-6 weeks maybe
20180819_050403_zpsrwwt7mqe.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:05 pm
by Johnj
i struggled to get the PE damper brackets to a reasonable shape.
i have to try and bend the 'clips' for the bar that holds open the engine cover.
20180819_145705_zps0wile1qv.jpg
20180819_145900_zps586z0vo4.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:08 pm
by Johnj
20180819_145506_zpslx3zkgct.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:08 pm
by Johnj
managed to replicate the oxygen sensors quite well with left over parts from detailing the brake calipers.
20180827_135657_zpsquua0kaw.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:14 pm
by Johnj
i made a crude cap head bolt holder from a 3mm piece of dowel. at this size, they are beyond fiddly !
20180825_233206_zpso43cvvne.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:29 pm
by Johnj
i have noticed on every finished model of this kit that the rear top edge of the door doesn't sit flush with the roof, it sticks up a tiny bit. i'm not entirely sure the cause of this yet so i have pulled the plastic in the desired direction to see if that'll help. it could also be the plastic is too thick on the lip on the inside of the roof panel. i have to find a way to resolve this as it will just annoy the life out of me.
20180827_014305_zpsk9haeagd.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:36 am
by Johnj
i took a day off work today just to try and get a shove on with this as it was getting no where really. As hard as it is to stay off looking at all your builds and the forum in general, i've had to do it or this effing Enzo will never get finished.
i've finally just about finished the engine bay, a couple of silly things but as good as done. i've also managed to replicate quite well is the wiring harness/loom. including the cables to open the engine compartment.
20180827_160318_zpsvru19eqq.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:38 am
by Johnj
20180827_164958_zpsly3saltr.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:39 am
by Johnj
20180827_203945_zps8vwouyka.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:41 am
by Johnj
20180828_001002_zpsangdhxvt.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am
by Johnj
i've been stuggling with these three well worn Ultimate sanding sticks for a while now as i just kept forgetting to order more, but i was looking for something else and found all these un-opened packs. that was a good feeling.
20180827_143919_zps4w3ntxuv.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am
by Johnj
20180827_144022_zpsttdovxtz.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:27 pm
by Johnj
in the instructions it calls for these parts to be painted the body colour but the scale motorsport carbon set has templates for it to be done in carbon.
20180830_151541_zpsnylhyuza.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:30 pm
by Johnj
either i'm loosing my touch with the carbon decals or these lower door parts were the toughest to decal yet.
20180831_211507_zpszal4l4fz.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:22 pm
by Johnj
this is the first time i've had a blemish on the exterior of a tamiya kit. no big deal just a slight sink mark but very unusual.
i managed to get one side sorted with a sanding stick. the other side will need to be filled.
20180901_151322_zpsxc0irqjs.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:44 pm
by Johnj
i must have had this bottle of primer/filler for a couple of years before trying it, i dont know what i was thinking, it's brilliant stuff !
20180901_153335_zpsiiqkxrvh.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:13 pm
by Johnj
finally managed to get the body panels primed. I used it straight from the rattle can as even a 0.5mm needle with 15ml paint cup would need many many re-fills. I will however use the base colour de-canted through the airbrush as i cant risk any runs on the pearl white.
There are a couple of small issues with runs on the primer but a quick flatten and it will be ready for paint. (it could have been a lot worse)
20180915_200825_zpsp9v90ew1.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:17 pm
by Johnj
same picture with the flash. you can just see the primer run ant the corner of the bonnet/hood.
20180915_200852_zpsph5zq8gn.jpg
Re: Tamiya Enzo build
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm
by Johnj
my preferred colour would be black, tamiya TS-40 ideally but i just dont have anywhere near clean enough to paint something of that area black. it would almost certainly look the bottom of a bird cage !!!
The full size la ferrari looks deadly in the pearl white so i'm hoping the Enzo can pull it off as well. I'll be using the tricolour of the italion flag somewhere on it to try and break it up a bit.
20180919_152924_zpsv9zszieh.jpg
not sure what i'll need but i didnt want to be short.