Page 6 of 7

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:28 am
by Twokidsnosleep
BigWall wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:32 am Nice save! The bike is really looking brilliant!
Cheers man, thanks :cheers2:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:02 pm
by cor
Ive been having tire problems myself . . . The bike is looking excellent. You are putting a lot of effort into the details. Very inspirational for me.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:29 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
cor wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:02 pm Ive been having tire problems myself . . . The bike is looking excellent. You are putting a lot of effort into the details. Very inspirational for me.
Cheers to you too
I am really going slow on this mainly due to summer time and other things to do. I will get more time in the fall and winter

So for tires, I have found a printable resin that does flexible tires. So you could make your own!
Image

Have a peek at the videos on the site here. Super cool applicastion possibilities
https://wanhao.store/products/3d-printi ... 0ml-bottle

Now to get the Cad skills and 3D printing skills up to snuff :roll:
But this is very exciting as a hobbiest to have potential control over making a myriad of things

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:57 pm
by Casper
:think: shame about the tyre scott but great fix using the brass spikes. Does the tyre come with a split and need gluing together or did it crack and come apart after fitting over the rim. The exhaust pipe looks the business and compliments the bike perfectly :clap: 8-) Loving the seat post :thumb1:
rubberized resin looks excellent.
mark

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:57 am
by cor
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:29 pm
cor wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:02 pm Ive been having tire problems myself . . . The bike is looking excellent. You are putting a lot of effort into the details. Very inspirational for me.
Cheers to you too
I am really going slow on this mainly due to summer time and other things to do. I will get more time in the fall and winter

So for tires, I have found a printable resin that does flexible tires. So you could make your own!
Image

Have a peek at the videos on the site here. Super cool applicastion possibilities
https://wanhao.store/products/3d-printi ... 0ml-bottle

Now to get the Cad skills and 3D printing skills up to snuff :roll:
But this is very exciting as a hobbiest to have potential control over making a myriad of things

That is awesome. I dont yet have a 3D printer, but will get one. I have industry-level CAD skills, so cant wait really to enter 3D printing world. Such a great toll for us modellers.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:23 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
cor wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:57 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:29 pm
cor wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:02 pm Ive been having tire problems myself . . . The bike is looking excellent. You are putting a lot of effort into the details. Very inspirational for me.
Cheers to you too
I am really going slow on this mainly due to summer time and other things to do. I will get more time in the fall and winter

So for tires, I have found a printable resin that does flexible tires. So you could make your own!
Image

Have a peek at the videos on the site here. Super cool applicastion possibilities
https://wanhao.store/products/3d-printi ... 0ml-bottle

Now to get the Cad skills and 3D printing skills up to snuff :roll:
But this is very exciting as a hobbiest to have potential control over making a myriad of things

That is awesome. I dont yet have a 3D printer, but will get one. I have industry-level CAD skills, so cant wait really to enter 3D printing world. Such a great toll for us modellers.
Oh man you will be flying with the technology
The CAD skills are the key

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:24 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Casper wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:57 pm :think: shame about the tyre scott but great fix using the brass spikes. Does the tyre come with a split and need gluing together or did it crack and come apart after fitting over the rim. The exhaust pipe looks the business and compliments the bike perfectly :clap: 8-) Loving the seat post :thumb1:
rubberized resin looks excellent.
mark
It was a one piece tire, no gluing
The front one was flexible, the rear hard as a rock

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:28 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Many people ask how to get chrome off parts
They come to me with tears in their eyes and say “sir, how can it be done, how do you do it so predictably”… ;) :lol:

Ok so getting the last few bits de-chromed with Easy off spray gel
In a glass food container I spray into my running paint booth
A slight scrub with a toothbrush and then everything rinsed in the bathroom sink into a handy dandy funnel with a mesh filter in it so I don’t lose parts

La Easy ooof:
Image

Rinsé vous dans la funneel
Image

La Funeel aú Le Bezos Bozo ála Amazon
Image

There you go, tears averted
I am getting closer to finishing the Vincent bobber off, trying to complete before we get too deep into September

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:42 am
by Twokidsnosleep
So last week of summer for us here and a six day mini vacation starts Wednesday :banana:
I am trying to push this bike across the finish line so I can get started on the pirate ship

All chrome is stripped and the parts sanded and primed.
Now to pick way at the details, finish the wiring and function lines and get chrome paint on what needs it…Molotow likely
Here she is still rough and test fitted

Image

Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:34 am
by digger303
Almost smickieo :D

:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:22 pm
by BigWall
So cool! The detailing is absolutely amazing!

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:40 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
BigWall wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:22 pm So cool! The detailing is absolutely amazing!
:cheers2: pal :D

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:41 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
digger303 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:34 am Almost smickieo :D

:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
semi-smickieo
smickieo in progress
:D

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:54 am
by cor
Rough and test fitted, but looking like an expert job. Very nice attention to detail you've got going on.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Been lost in 3D printing, Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl, BUt have done a bit on the seat for the Shadow

Cut it in half and reshaped the back

Image

Image

Still a bit big, will see if I mess more with it :think:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:19 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Been getting in a rut with my pirate ship and it is killing my mojo.
So decided to pull this motorcycle back out and try and get her moving forward with a new chain
MFH chain set that creates a gorgeous result.

Image

Image


Image

Image

I needed Matthew’s help @bfrd to get the overlap correct, but then it went smooth

Image

I have a hot knife kinda tool for leather stitching that worked well to sear the plastic pin ends and secure the chain links
Image

Made it a bit long, but will adjust it. Got the sprocket modified to fit the chain and the bike
Now the Cafe racer can have an open chain without that huge chain guard :D

Image

Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:11 am
by digger303
Nice job, looks like real chains. Well it will do when they are painted up. I found the beadsmith tool interesting too. I figure it is cooler than a pryo iron and might be right handy.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:17 pm
by bfrd
I sure am glad that worked out, I was just guessing!

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:00 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
digger303 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:11 am Nice job, looks like real chains. Well it will do when they are painted up. I found the beadsmith tool interesting too. I figure it is cooler than a pryo iron and might be right handy.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
The little thread searing tool is great
Quite cheap from Amazon, battery power
Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:01 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
bfrd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:17 pm I sure am glad that worked out, I was just guessing!
Was just what I needed and a good educated guess :thumb2:
It is the proper orientation as it lets it sit on the sprocket teeth correctly

Now I have the chain, I need to re-design that fat arsed seat :o

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:47 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
I cut out the important center attachment points and glued them to the larger MFH metal sprocket and painted it all black

Image

Image

Image

Wife is having a house cleaning fit, so I am gonna bugger off to my office, get some take out lunch and work/hide
Cya

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:15 am
by digger303
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:14 am
by Twokidsnosleep
I got the tank 2k clear coated….Splash Crystal 2k. Very nice simple two bottle system

Image

Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:20 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Then some mucking about with making seats
Black leather over styrene bases. Supports and attachments still to be worked out
First one is a long pizza slice:

Image


Image

The second one is a bit smaller :

Image
Image

I like the smaller shape…still to be covered with some leather

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:38 am
by BigWall
The tank came out beautiful! I like the smaller seat as well.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:58 am
by Twokidsnosleep
A few more mods accomplished today
The rear wheel is screwed in now and the support springs are brass pinned into place.
I am pinning most things with small brass rod rather than just gluing. Hoping that keeps stuff attached better
The chain is just tucked in here and not painted or tightened up yet

Image

Image

Image

I had to tap and die some brass and plastic….quite an undertaking but I have a jeweller’ s plate and small taps that help

Re-making threads to the correct size on little screws
Image

Threading the brass tube to accept those screws
Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:00 pm
by Casper
:th: :clap: :clap: Loving the work your doing here scott :cheers2: :)

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:09 am
by BigWall
Amazing Scott!

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:16 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Cheers guys :cheers2: :cheers2:
Slowly but Shirley
Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:04 pm
by NoelSmith
Looking great. Just shows what can be done with that old Matchbox/Revell motor cycle kit.
Who makes the individually linked chain? Is it part of a bike detail up PE set or just a chain set?

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:00 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
NoelSmith wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:04 pm Looking great. Just shows what can be done with that old Matchbox/Revell motor cycle kit.
Who makes the individually linked chain? Is it part of a bike detail up PE set or just a chain set?
That is a 1/12 MFH metal chain kit ordered from HiroBoy

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:23 pm
by NoelSmith
Thanks for coming back about the chain Scott.
Appreciated.
Cheers Noel

Such a good model I reckon it would be worth your while investing in a small individual acrylic display case for it.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:02 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
While getting the chain affixed and tightened I broke off the front forks :bash: :wall:
So one step forward and a few back.
Yesterday I drilled out all the neck stock attachments through and through and pinned the four attachment sites with thicker brass
Then I got the front wheel’s threaded brass axle in place.
I also covered the leather seat…still a work in progress
Now the bike cannot sit on the mini bench, so I drilled a Hole in her belly pan and glued in a rod to a cork.
Image

Image

Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:43 pm
by Casper
wow :bow:: :clap: :clap: looking amazing matey :)

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:22 am
by digger303
Something great about the old bikes. Your having a few little setbacks, but you strive and over come with style.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:20 am
by Twokidsnosleep
digger303 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:22 am Something great about the old bikes. Your having a few little setbacks, but you strive and over come with style.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
Thank you
It is definitely testing me

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:58 am
by NoelSmith
If you intend to put the model into a small display case you could utilise the hole you drilled in the belly pan for a piece of brass or aluminium tube or rod, or alternatively a piece of clear acrylic rod to mount it on the base inside.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:17 pm
by BigWall
it's looking great Scott!

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:55 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
NoelSmith wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:58 am If you intend to put the model into a small display case you could utilise the hole you drilled in the belly pan for a piece of brass or aluminium tube or rod, or alternatively a piece of clear acrylic rod to mount it on the base inside.
BigWall wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:17 pm it's looking great Scott!
Cheers guys
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I have a second kit for Christmas I will make up more stock version to appease any traditionalists

Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:34 am
by BigWall
Nice haul! I don't think I've seen A Wish for Wings that Work since it first came out.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:11 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
BigWall wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:34 am Nice haul! I don't think I've seen A Wish for Wings that Work since it first came out.
We watch it on you tube ever year
I found it on Amazon and bam, into the cart it went!
Hilarious video not well known

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:19 am
by Twokidsnosleep
So been working away on this bike, trying to push and drag it across the 2021 finish line
Gonna be tight. Took a great worry free day off work today in front of my bench
Looks like my chain has gone loose again too, all the messing around
Image

I am adding some LED lighting to front and tail lights
Image
Image

Got the fenders sorted
Image
Image
Image

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:21 am
by digger303
Chain needs adjustment.... : :whistle: :lol:

I got to admire your ability to keep at it and detail the hell out of this bike. I might have been over it by now, but it just keeps looking better all the time.
:clap: :clap:
:cheers2:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:53 am
by BigWall
Very nice! The lighting will just be the icing on a very nice cake.

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:25 am
by kpisnuts
Very impressive to say the least

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:11 am
by aur0ra145
Not a big fan of motorcycles, modelling or real, but that looks tight! :cheers2: :th:

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:03 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Cheers all you guys :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:
Hope you all have a great New Year’s Eve and New Year
I think the front fender is going to get deleted…just looks too factory and school kid bicycle
🤔

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:56 pm
by Casper
Excellent work scott :th: :cheers2: LED,s are going to look cool 8-)

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:03 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Casper wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:56 pm Excellent work scott :th: :cheers2: LED,s are going to look cool 8-)
Cheers mate :cheers2:
She has stalled a bit for done reason near the end point here
I stepped away and did some other organization things to help rekindle the fires

Re: Vincent Black Shadow Revell 1/12

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:11 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Well this old girl got back to the desk the past week by picking away at it bit by bit, trying to do a little something on it every time I was at the desk.
Got some good work on her over this weekend and jumped some hurdles.
Got the seat made and a spring and support under it to look realistic. The front light glass in and all glued up and importantly, figured out how to hold the gas tank down with a screw rather than glue.

Image

So I made this threaded brass tube and attached it to the watch crown that is the oil tank cap. I cheated and CA glued it. If disaster strikes I can always solder it all together.
Image

It screws into this plastic tube on the top of the oil tank that I tapped internally.
Image

Then the tank goes on and the screw pulls everything down tight but still with removability.
Image
Image

Problem solved :thumb1: