Twokidsnosleep wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:46 am
I have decided to try this little bee thing from Industria mechanika
Wow does auto correct not like those words
With a wee dead Kiwi Honey bee as inspiration
Nice! That is an awesome kit and one I have in the stash.
Just got the final bits to start with this beauty.......
Get your self together, you kits ready, the ship fuelled up and practice your aim!!!!
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:34 am
by MarkSzeman
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:46 am
by Modelfreek
So quick question,
Seeing as Australia and Newzealand hit
1st of June the day before the rest of
The usual suspects, can we start on 1st
Our time or wait another day?
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:58 am
by kiwigav
Modelfreek wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:46 am
So quick question,
Seeing as Australia and Newzealand hit
1st of June the day before the rest of
The usual suspects, can we start on 1st
Our time or wait another day?
Although... my entry hasn't arrived yet!!Doh
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:58 am
by Twokidsnosleep
I Will consult with my consultants on the consulting of a consultation to configure a creative conclusion for this complex conundrum
Is that clear?
You may start a day early but then finish a day earlier in August as well
Quid pro quo my down under friends
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:21 am
by Tomcat64
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:58 am
I Will consult with my consultants on the consulting of a consultation to configure a creative conclusion for this complex conundrum
Is that clear?
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:40 am
by Modelfreek
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:58 am
I Will consult with my consultants on the consulting of a consultation to configure a creative conclusion for this complex conundrum
Is that clear?
You may start a day early but then finish a day earlier in August as well
Quid pro quo my down under friends
Lmao!
Sounds good will do.
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:17 am
by Gary30
Come on chaps, be sensible. we all know that the UK is the centre of the world universe, so as far as I can see, the only sensible solution is to begin the SIG at good old Greenwich Mean Time 00:00 on 01/06/2019.
Our Australian friends (I think they are called Drongos colloquially ) will just have to abide by the rules and not make up their own, guessing most of them will be too drunk to care anyway, so maybe we are over thinking this
Edit: I do apologise, I appear to have completely forgotten about our friends in NZ, I think they are used to being totally overshadowed by AUS now anyway aren't they? Pretty much the same place right?
Although coming from Wales myself, I do seem to have a strange affinity for the NZ'ers, but I can't quite put my finger in on it
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 am
by digger303
Gary30 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:17 am
Come on chaps, be sensible. we all know that the UK is the centre of the world universe, so as far as I can see, the only sensible solution is to begin the SIG at good old Greenwich Mean Time 00:00 on 01/06/2019.
Our Australian friends (I think they are called Drongos colloquially ) will just have to abide by the rules and not makes up their own, guessing most of them will be too drunk to care anyway, so maybe we are over thinking this
whoa ... the stereotyping abounds
Rules rules and more rules
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:19 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Ok
The higher ups have spoken and the word is .....it is GMT for start and finish times
You have to let the Brits think they are the center or they start falling apart and brexiting..oh wait
Sorry down understand, but you will have to hold your kangaroos
All in all it isnโt that big of a deal
I will be dead asleep when it starts
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:59 pm
by Johno
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:19 pm
Ok
The higher ups have spoken and the word is .....it is GMT for start and finish times
You have to let the Brits think they are the center or they start falling apart and brexiting..oh wait
Sorry down understand, but you will have to hold your kangaroos
All in all it isnโt that big of a deal
I will be dead asleep when it starts
Please don't make me do math, everyone knows it's not our strong suit here in the states, apparently we can't even spell our words right most of the time, and if i have to figure out what time it is in the center of the universe(is that what the U in UK stands for?), then try and convert their metric time to our standard time, by the time i figure it out the sig will be over.
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:48 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Just start building on your first of June and finish by your midnight of the 31st I will be happy with that
Same for you gits down under if you start earlier, then you finish earlier
The last thing I want to be accused of is causing someone to do math
Not even off the ground yet and there are complexities
It is like herding....I never have my ducks in this nice of a row
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:37 pm
by Johno
Well now I'm bummed out, after realizing the thing in my hand does math for me(as a eluded to before we are not the brightest tools in the shed over here), i now realize i could have started a whole 5 hours erlier, although not sure how that works after metric conversion...wait, does that mean the brits are living in the future? I wonder if they have flying cars yet? I wonder if they can tell me what the lottery number are, ok maybe ill just quit while i'm ahead, or is it behind, i guess we're all dealing with complexities.
when in doubt post more memes
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:38 pm
by bfrd
If only once, I did have them n a row.
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:41 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 am
by Modelfreek
I feel I have stirred something up......
Mwaahahaahahaa! Eh hem......
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:19 pm
Ok
The higher ups have spoken and the word is .....it is GMT for start and finish times
You have to let the Brits think they are the center or they start falling apart and brexiting..oh wait
Sorry down understand, but you will have to hold your kangaroos
All in all it isnโt that big of a deal
I will be dead asleep when it starts
Please don't make me do math, everyone knows it's not our strong suit here in the states, apparently we can't even spell our words right most of the time, and if i have to figure out what time it is in the center of the universe(is that what the U in UK stands for?), then try and convert their metric time to our standard time, by the time i figure it out the sig will be over.
You guys had a real hissy fit with the Britts and went all out and changed everything. Own set of weights and measures that doesn't conform to anywhere else in the world and you had a go at changing the spelling of words.
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:19 pm
Ok
The higher ups have spoken and the word is .....it is GMT for start and finish times
You have to let the Brits think they are the center or they start falling apart and brexiting..oh wait
Sorry down understand, but you will have to hold your kangaroos
All in all it isnโt that big of a deal
I will be dead asleep when it starts
Please don't make me do math, everyone knows it's not our strong suit here in the states, apparently we can't even spell our words right most of the time, and if i have to figure out what time it is in the center of the universe(is that what the U in UK stands for?), then try and convert their metric time to our standard time, by the time i figure it out the sig will be over.
You guys had a real hissy fit with the Britts and went all out and changed everything. Own set of weights and measures that doesn't conform to anywhere else in the world and you had a go at changing the spelling of words.
Please don't make me do math, everyone knows it's not our strong suit here in the states, apparently we can't even spell our words right most of the time, and if i have to figure out what time it is in the center of the universe(is that what the U in UK stands for?), then try and convert their metric time to our standard time, by the time i figure it out the sig will be over.
You guys had a real hissy fit with the Britts and went all out and changed everything. Own set of weights and measures that doesn't conform to anywhere else in the world and you had a go at changing the spelling of words.
Although that was 50yrs ago and not much has happened since, including here. The Chinese or Indians will be on Mars before any of us.
Please don't make me do math, everyone knows it's not our strong suit here in the states, apparently we can't even spell our words right most of the time, and if i have to figure out what time it is in the center of the universe(is that what the U in UK stands for?), then try and convert their metric time to our standard time, by the time i figure it out the sig will be over.
You guys had a real hissy fit with the Britts and went all out and changed everything. Own set of weights and measures that doesn't conform to anywhere else in the world and you had a go at changing the spelling of words.
Except Myanmar and Liberia havenโt been to the moon.
Iโm all for celebrating our achievements, but sticking with a stupid measurement system isnโt on the list.
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:17 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Man, those guys posting up there must be lit
Ok relax, hold on. Three days (or less depending on geographic location) left until June 1st
A Favourite animation Sci Fi movie
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:03 am
by Johno
Iron giant was great, macross saga is one of my all time favorite sci-fi animations.
Please don't make me do math, everyone knows it's not our strong suit here in the states, apparently we can't even spell our words right most of the time, and if i have to figure out what time it is in the center of the universe(is that what the U in UK stands for?), then try and convert their metric time to our standard time, by the time i figure it out the sig will be over.
You guys had a real hissy fit with the Britts and went all out and changed everything. Own set of weights and measures that doesn't conform to anywhere else in the world and you had a go at changing the spelling of words.
Yeah, credit where itโs due, that WAS a pretty convincing hoax
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 am
by digger303
How hard is it going to be to convert the USA to the metric system ? 327 million people oops sorry Matthrew 326.999999 million. Not a easy task I would be thinking.
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:52 am
by Gary30
I think I may have started something here....
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:26 pm
by bfrd
digger303 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 am
How hard is it going to be to convert the USA to the metric system ? 327 million people oops sorry Matthrew 326.999999 million. Not a easy task I would be thinking.
It will only get harder the longer we wait.
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:15 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Two days to go
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:09 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Ok you animals....
The thread is up and ready to go.
You can post into your own build thread kit and sprue photos, just don't start until June 1st!!!
Forum site for your build: viewforum.php?f=691
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 pm
by jmurphy18
Cool on the new thread! I will work on that tomorrow! I went to the eye doctor today & ended up getting my eyes dialated & numbed. You should try reading the instructions on the kit..... looks like macro work right now Lol
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:00 am
by digger303
jmurphy18 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 pm
Cool on the new thread! I will work on that tomorrow! I went to the eye doctor today & ended up getting my eyes dialated & numbed. You should try reading the instructions on the kit..... looks like macro work right now Lol
Sounds bloody awful mate.
Wish my eyes worked a lot better than they do.
jmurphy18 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 pm
Cool on the new thread! I will work on that tomorrow! I went to the eye doctor today & ended up getting my eyes dialated & numbed. You should try reading the instructions on the kit..... looks like macro work right now Lol
Sounds bloody awful mate.
Wish my eyes worked a lot better than they do.
HATE getting my eyes dilated, rather get dental work done
I take more agent to dilate and then it lasts forever and gives me headaches like crazy. Hate it
jmurphy18 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 pm
Cool on the new thread! I will work on that tomorrow! I went to the eye doctor today & ended up getting my eyes dialated & numbed. You should try reading the instructions on the kit..... looks like macro work right now Lol
Sounds bloody awful mate.
Wish my eyes worked a lot better than they do.
HATE getting my eyes dilated, rather get dental work done
I take more agent to dilate and then it lasts forever and gives me headaches like crazy. Hate it
Speaking on behalf of we optometrists, messing
With patients vision is the best part of our day
Lol!
jmurphy18 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 pm
Cool on the new thread! I will work on that tomorrow! I went to the eye doctor today & ended up getting my eyes dialated & numbed. You should try reading the instructions on the kit..... looks like macro work right now Lol
Sounds bloody awful mate.
Wish my eyes worked a lot better than they do.
HATE getting my eyes dilated, rather get dental work done
I take more agent to dilate and then it lasts forever and gives me headaches like crazy. Hate it
Digger: thank you! Yea does suck to have old eyes
Scott: not a big fan of dental work either
My eyes took 9 hrs to settle down so I could see
This was my yearly visit & my checkup on glaucoma, cataracts, & my Keratoconus. I have been miserable today
I did get a clean bill of health on everything so that was a positive
Very glad all the numb and blurry has passed but the headache. I am visiting my daughter tomorrow so I hope to ready for Saturday
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:27 am
by Tomcat64
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:09 pm
Ok you animals....
The thread is up and ready to go.
You can post into your own build thread kit and sprue photos, just don't start until June 1st!!!
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:05 pm
by bfrd
I am the biggest baby when it comes to my eyes. I once told the optometrist assistant they would have to hold me down to put the drops in my eyes. She laughed like she thought I was joking. I wasn't, and yes, I was already an adult at this point. You can stick me with needles all day long, I'll even watch. I've had a deep gum dental treatment without numbing. Just don't try to put drops in my eyes. Luckily I have 20/15 vision and don't visit the eye doctor very often. I have never been able to see underwater either, don't know if that is related. But opening my eyes underwater makes my eyes feel like they are being scrubbed with sandpaper.
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:09 pm
Ok you animals....
The thread is up and ready to go.
You can post into your own build thread kit and sprue photos, just don't start until June 1st!!!
Great pic Neil
Just had a question about where to start a thread
Hit the NEW TOPIC button here: viewforum.php?f=691
Post in your title
Pic of the box, the sprues, instructions, decals etc
Some background info on the topic
Some info on your interest to build this topic and then away you go
That is the usual pattern, your mileage may vary.
Lots of previous threads to check out here: viewforum.php?f=560
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 pm
by chief5437
Excited!!!
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:01 pm
by Tomcat64
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:13 pm
by Gary30
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:54 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Adding in Space Cadet #24 Tay99
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:41 am
by gaz45
I'm up for this one
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:52 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
I double added gaz....you are still #17
Going to do a separate post with a list of al the cadet #ers for reference
Will link it to here
May i join in the fun too ( late starter i know ) I will do a Gundam 1/144 Bandai LEO NPD
Re: Interest in a Summer SciFi sig
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:09 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Newbinob wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 pm
66225630_472037086906749_5850841876403322880_n.jpgMay i join in the fun too ( late starter i know ) I will do a Gundam 1/144 Bandai LEO NPD
Absolutely mate....Newbinob is Space Cadet #26
Let me know if you need any help at all, same format as ISM sigs and the build threads are here: viewforum.php?f=691