1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Coen wrote:That zim looks spot on as they say Frans. You really got the hang of it now. It's a bit funny... you can actually see you getting better at it as you go around the tank if you know where you started. That's awesome.
The pattern looks well done.
I love that factory wall... that's going to be a huge dio if that's for a factory ... WOW!
lol! Thank you Michael :D
Indeed, getting better around the tank.
But that too gives some realism to it.
The guy that had to apply it should be sloppy at first and a master of zimm at the end.... :mrgreen:

I'm actually learning somthing here, and I like that.

As for the factory, it's just the ouside of the factory, not the entire hall..... Should be nice. In my head it is anyway :mrgreen:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
Hillbilly
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 pm
Location: Missouri,USA

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Hillbilly »

That zimmerit looks awesome :clap: That is something I need have a go at myself sometime.
Steve

Make something idiot proof and someone will come along and make a better idiot.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Coen »

I'm beginning to like the inside of your head Frans haha :th: :th: :th:
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Hillbilly wrote:That zimmerit looks awesome :clap: That is something I need have a go at myself sometime.
Thank you! :D
And zimmeritt is not easy, but it's fun to do :th:
Coen wrote:I'm beginning to like the inside of your head Frans haha :th: :th: :th:
:lol: LOL
There's some weird things going on in my head too sometimes... :tongue:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
PaulAyrey
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by PaulAyrey »

Looking mighty fine, great work!
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

PaulAyrey wrote:Looking mighty fine, great work!
Thank you Paul :th:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by chief5437 »

Looking good Frans, nice work on the zimmerit! I I missing something? I'm sure I saw some more pics on facearse? Came on here to see the update..... And nothing?! I hope you're not deserting the forum for arsebook?! :th: :crazy: :wtf: :th:
Chief
User avatar
Hillbilly
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 pm
Location: Missouri,USA

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Hillbilly »

Glad someone else noticed that it seems the Facebook side of ISM is getting a little bit more action than the forum.
Steve

Make something idiot proof and someone will come along and make a better idiot.
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

chief5437 wrote:Looking good Frans, nice work on the zimmerit! I I missing something? I'm sure I saw some more pics on facearse? Came on here to see the update..... And nothing?! I hope you're not deserting the forum for arsebook?! :th: :crazy: :wtf: :th:
Hillbilly wrote:Glad someone else noticed that it seems the Facebook side of ISM is getting a little bit more action than the forum.
Yeah yeah.... I now... me so sorry... :oops:
But it's that damn photobucket to blame! Uploading photo's is a problem lately.
My internet browser is keep on freezing when I try to upload pics. IF I even get to there homepage that is.
I'm fed up getting the message "Page cannot be loaded" :bash: :wall: :pistols:
So uploading them to faceboob is faster and more simple. So I post my progress there first, and when I get the upload to photobucket done after 20 tries, I will post the update here on the forum, for the pics a better to view.
I will post a new update TODAY. I promise :pray:

:tongue:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Yeah! Another update! :banana:
With some pics I didn't post on faceboob! Hurray!

lol.... ok, seriously now...

Lets start with a problem :wtf:
The metal barrel that comes with the kit is way to heavy and it does not stays up...

Image

Now how to solve this.... :scratch::
I do not want to glue the barrel into one position... :think:
Chief, if you are watching and having the same problem, this is my solution to it. Not the prettiest solution, but mine Tiger is a buttoned up Tiger as well so it will not be visual.... :tongue:

I added a contra weight. Well..... something like that. glued some scrap resin at the other side, and kept adding clay until the barrel was horizontal. It's not a pretty sight, I now, but it will not be visual, so don't care really :mrgreen:

Image

I actually made the barrel workable now. :thumb2:

Image

Image

Image

Problem soled....

Next up: the PE mud guards.

If you know my other models, I normaly build AFV like they are just out of the factory... lol
This time I wanted to add some battle damage to it, so with a pliers an a drill I made the damage.
Had to be careful not to do to much damaging...
I applied the damage before luing it to the hull for obvious reasons. Forgot to mask off the arias where the mud guards should be glued on, so I sanded it down a bit.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Also added the PE visors.

Image

Love the way this looks, adds a lot to the model IMHO

Image

Image

And the last thing I did was adding the light and replaced the moulded cable by copper wire.

Image

And that rounds up this update people!
Thank you for checking it out again, and happy modelling!
:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by chief5437 »

:banana: nice job Frans! Mud guards look great with the damage. Cheers for the info on the gun. I haven't got that far yet, waiting for a replacement to come. For what I've got in mind, the gun weight might not be a problem, but at least I've got a solution now if needed! Thanks buddy! :th: :cheers2: :th:
Chief
User avatar
Hillbilly
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 pm
Location: Missouri,USA

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Hillbilly »

Great idea for the heavy gun barrel fix. :clap: People can't say modellers aren't good problem solvers,that battle damage is very well done also. :th:
Steve

Make something idiot proof and someone will come along and make a better idiot.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Coen »

I'm really liking the look of that PE Frans... how is it to work with compared to say Aber or Voyager?
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

chief5437 wrote::banana: nice job Frans! Mud guards look great with the damage. Cheers for the info on the gun. I haven't got that far yet, waiting for a replacement to come. For what I've got in mind, the gun weight might not be a problem, but at least I've got a solution now if needed! Thanks buddy! :th: :cheers2: :th:
Thank you and your welcome! :th:
I thought I would save you some time spying on me, and just tell..... haha! :lol:
As I remember you would go for a open barrel, so I think that barrel has less weight to it, so you should be ok.
Making me wondering what your plans are buddy! :scratch::
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Hillbilly wrote:Great idea for the heavy gun barrel fix. :clap: People can't say modellers aren't good problem solvers,that battle damage is very well done also. :th:
To be a modeller you have to think at engineers level sometimes... :lol:
Thanks mate :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Coen wrote:I'm really liking the look of that PE Frans... how is it to work with compared to say Aber or Voyager?
Thank you Michael :D
Still got 4 more mudguards to do....

I like ABER sets for they seem to be fractionally thicker, making them harder to bend, but it also makes them more forgiving as regards removing items from the fret. I sometimes heat up the parts if they are hard to bent.
I like voyager photoetch sets more, very comprehencive and they include things like a small length of thin plastic rod if it is needed, where as aber and edward just say its needed in the instructions.
:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Coen »

I'm a big lover of Voyager sets myself. I like the big Lion Roar ones too for the same reason. All the little bits and pieces that they add.
Thanks Frans. If I wanted a good assessment of a PE set, I couldn't think of a better person to ask than you :th: :th: :th:
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Very nice progress Frans
The pe looks great
Keep up the good work
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

MarkVerploeg wrote:Very nice progress Frans
The pe looks great
Keep up the good work
Thank you very much sir! :D
I thought this build was going to be a easy one, but it turned out the be one of the most difficult I've ever build! :wtf:
lol
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by MarkVerploeg »

That is your own fault :eeek:
You wanted to make zimmerit , now pay the price bwhuhahahaha (very evil laugh)
Just kidding
Tigers can be thougher then you think
but your own choises can make it a harder build
Or easier when you do a out of the box build and the kit has the zimmerit already on it (such a time saver)
But challenges make a better modeller
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

MarkVerploeg wrote:That is your own fault :eeek:
You wanted to make zimmerit , now pay the price bwhuhahahaha (very evil laugh)
Just kidding
Tigers can be thougher then you think
but your own choises can make it a harder build
Or easier when you do a out of the box build and the kit has the zimmerit already on it (such a time saver)
But challenges make a better modeller
Yes I know... But I got no other entry running at the moment, so I've got time to give this build the attention it needs.
Only ISM entry this year for me will be the " Heil the hunters sig", But still need to get a kit for it. All other SIG's and GB's i'm not interested in for it's mostly modern. I will make a entry in the big bird buddy build. Should be fun :mrgreen:

Agreed on the challenge, especially when you are doing things for the first time, but that's why I have so much fun!
Never too old to learn, and no way better to learn then here on ISM eh? :thumb2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
Nige99
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:53 pm
Location: Wrexham North Wales

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Nige99 »

Cracking build thread Frans :thumb1: the problems you've overcome makes not just you a better modeller but also helps everyone else who as followed your build. Keep up the fantastic work bud!! Knowledge is power.
Looking forward to the painting. :banana:
You can run, but you'll only die tired!
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Nige99 wrote:Cracking build thread Frans :thumb1: the problems you've overcome makes not just you a better modeller but also helps everyone else who as followed your build. Keep up the fantastic work bud!! Knowledge is power.
Looking forward to the painting. :banana:
Thank you mate :thumb2:
Knowledge is power indeed! :D
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

It's time to Zimm the turret!

I start with masking off the area were the turret storage box would be.
If I would not mask it off, I think it would be almost impossible to get the box on afterwards.

Image

Rolled out a piece of Magic sculpt, and stick it to the turret with water.
Smoothed it out with a wet finger. :mrgreen:

Image

Put the zimmerit on it, and cleared the markings were the spare tracks would be.

Image

And I did the same thing at the other side.
When I was ready to start the mantle, I was afraid I would not have enough sculpt left, for that little bit I still got is dried out.
So The other half of the mantle I had to do with standard yellow milliput to finish the turret.
I know Coen does not recoment yellow milliout for zimm, but I did not had another choice. It is also a lot easier to get around the gun with milliput :D

I used a lot of water to make it thinner and more smooth.
But applying zimm on the mantle is a hard thing to do, tell you that! :wtf:

Image

Image

Notice the bad fit of the two half of the turret. I had to use CA to hold it all in place long enough for the plastic glue to dry.

Image

Image

Aaaaaaand done!
As a Zimmeritt virgin, be gentle with me guys... :pray:
I like the way it worked out, esspecialy for a first time evah!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Next time I will be working on the mudguards, and the tool clamps and stuff :th:
I hope to see you then, happy modelling!



Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
Hillbilly
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 pm
Location: Missouri,USA

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Hillbilly »

Nothing wrong with that zimm,looks great to me. :clap:
Steve

Make something idiot proof and someone will come along and make a better idiot.
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Hillbilly wrote:Nothing wrong with that zimm,looks great to me. :clap:
Thanks Steve, appreciate it :D
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
Nige99
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:53 pm
Location: Wrexham North Wales

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Nige99 »

Yep agreed. You've done a great job Frans! Not easy doing that zimm. I used squadron?? I think bloody tuff going.
You can run, but you'll only die tired!
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Nige99 wrote:Yep agreed. You've done a great job Frans! Not easy doing that zimm. I used squadron?? I think bloody tuff going.
Thank you very much Nige :D
Tuff indeed. The turret alone took me 4 hours.... :eeek:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
PaulAyrey
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by PaulAyrey »

Looks pretty impressive. Great job all round!
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Looks great Frans
Really nice work with the zimmerit
And the pe looks nice too
Looking forward tk the paint work
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

PaulAyrey wrote:Looks pretty impressive. Great job all round!
MarkVerploeg wrote:Looks great Frans
Really nice work with the zimmerit
And the pe looks nice too
Looking forward tk the paint work
Thanks guys! :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by alextheblue »

That's some great work Frans and the zimmerit is looking really good!! :th: :th:

Isn't it funny how sometimes kits you think are going to be straight forward, actually fight you all the way. In this fight, I would say that you've got it on the ropes and you're just about to land the knockout blow!! :cheers2:
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by chief5437 »

Turret looks great Frans, I'll have to watch out for that gap. Although it'll be covered by zimmerit anyway. I'm expecting my new barrel to turn up today, so hoping to get back to my build! Keep it coming dude! :th: :th:
Chief
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Coen »

It's beautiful work Frans. I'd say that you've successfully mastered your zimmerit. :th: :th: :th: :clap: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Thank for all positive comments guys! :th:

It's very busy at work lately and I'm a bit short on time building, but I managed to finish the build today! :banana:
Well, all except the Friul tracks that is...

I finished the PE works, although I did not used all of it.
Sometimes adding PE isn't making a model better looking, besides I did not want to overload it this time... :mrgreen:

Here are a few pics of the finished model, I hope you like it.
If there are some things that can be improved, or if I made a error, please tell me! :thumb2:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I forgot to clip off the wires sticking out of the top... lol... note to myself, do not forget to clip them off!

Image

Added some battle damage here with a candle......

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And this is my plane for a display.
I want the Tiger standing n front of a German Factory with a NCO standing in front of that.
I need to make a cobble road for all to stand on, or maybe I will get lazy and order on...
Here's a sneak peek...

Image

And that's all for now!
The tiger is ready to receive the last check up, and her primer.
This will be shown in the next update.
Thanks for dropping by again :th:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
wappynutter
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. UK
Great Britain

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by wappynutter »

Excellent looking piece so far Frans... :th: :clap: :clap:
I even liked the pictures across every page posted on Facebook... Lol..... :thumb1:
Awesome....
More soon hopefully!! Please!!... :banana:
Continued success buddy.. :thumb1:
:cheers2:
:pop: :pop:
Regards Andy...Image
YouTube Channel..... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdZFBjr6oO-T-2ydSB4HIg
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

wappynutter wrote:Excellent looking piece so far Frans... :th: :clap: :clap:
I even liked the pictures across every page posted on Facebook... Lol..... :thumb1:
Awesome....
More soon hopefully!! Please!!... :banana:
Continued success buddy.. :thumb1:
:cheers2:
:pop: :pop:
Thanks Andy!
And yeah.... Posted some of these pics in all groups i'm in on Faceboob... sorry...lol
I hope I will get enough time to get some primer on her tomorrow.
I'm dead tired after a tough work week, and tonight it's family time with my wife and doggie.
I will keep you all posted!
:th:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
JayCub
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Wicklow Ireland

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by JayCub »

Looks magnificent Frans and the zimmerit looks awesome and in scale for 1/35, always facinating browsing your build log and looking at your workarounds
Tom
User avatar
Donkeywalloper
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm
Location: Burton upon Trent
Great Britain

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Donkeywalloper »

Oh my Frans.
This is a superb work.
You're a right master.
:bow::
Have a great weekend.
John
Bench:1/35 Tamiya Tiger 1 Mid Production with lots of Aftermarket Stuff
Completed: Vespid 1/72 Comet A10
Shelf: Lots (101 Kits of multiple scales) of Armour + couple of Flappy / Wing Things, found a KV2 95% built and primed four years ago. Plus a few Lego Tech kits, to help restore MoJo
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

JayCub wrote:Looks magnificent Frans and the zimmerit looks awesome and in scale for 1/35, always facinating browsing your build log and looking at your workarounds
Tom
Donkeywalloper wrote:Oh my Frans.
This is a superb work.
You're a right master.
:bow::
Have a great weekend.
John
Thank you gentleman, You have a great weekend too! :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Coen »

Top marks for a superb build Frans. She looks great!
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Coen wrote:Top marks for a superb build Frans. She looks great!

Thank you. :D
Planning of putting her in primer this Sunday.
:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
PaulAyrey
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by PaulAyrey »

Looks lovely, really great job Frans!
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

PaulAyrey wrote:Looks lovely, really great job Frans!
Thanks Paul! :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by rodrant »

Looking good , the build and as usual is great ! Your diorama idea looks very nice ! :th:

:cheers2:
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

rodrant wrote:Looking good , the build and as usual is great ! Your diorama idea looks very nice ! :th:

:cheers2:
Thanks mate!
More progress today, stay tuned. :th:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Priming time!
I also made a base that I'm priming too while I'm at it.

Image


Aaaaaand she primed! :th:
I used Vallejo Dark yellow primer.
Now I will let the primer dry and set for a couple of day's, then I will begin pre-shading and she will get her base coat on.
I love seeing this Tiger in one colour now.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Time to get cracking at the base.
I wanted a factory floor as seen a lot in old ref pics.
For more depth, I draw the big concrete tiles diagonal, and I made a ditch as well.
The sand is a mix of plaster, earth out of one of our home plants (don't tell my wife) and some wood glue.
The rocks are made out of plaster. I do have a small rock mould for that.

Image

Primed it black, misted a light grey on top of that, and with very light grey I added some highlights.
The bricks are painted in dark rust, and the sand is treated with N-Europe dust pigments.
All is in base colours now. The building needs detailing and weathering, and the ground will be weathered too and receive foliage.

Image

With the building on top of it, it realy looks great already.

Image

Some props...

Image

You'll get the point.... :mrgreen:

Image

Now to let it all dry until the next update......

Thanks for dropping by again on short notice :thumb2:
Cheers fellas :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by Coen »

Holy crow! You're just as fast as Art!
That looks awesome Frans. That's going to be a hell of a piece dude!
User avatar
psydeviant
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:52 pm
Location: united kingdom

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by psydeviant »

yeah this is looking brilliant the little dio idea will look fantastic , what a great idea :th:
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: 1:35 AFV Club Tiger 1 (latest-model)

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Coen wrote:Holy crow! You're just as fast as Art!
That looks awesome Frans. That's going to be a hell of a piece dude!
psydeviant wrote:yeah this is looking brilliant the little dio idea will look fantastic , what a great idea :th:
Thank you very much gentleman :D
Glad you like it. Just added some foliage too. :mrgreen:
Build what you love, Love what you build
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”