1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Going Dark

User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Decals

Post by fightnjoe »

Paul many many thanks.



Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering Phase One

Post by fightnjoe »

The fun begins.

The process to bring the showroom aircraft to a well used aircraft has started. Using artist oils the process begins with a simple dot filter. Once the filter was blended I used mineral spirits to show some staining. This was in a very random pattern. I added some additional oils in places where I felt and had seen photos of the staining being heavier.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Phase one finished. Next will be phase two, chipping and additional weathering and staining.


All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.



Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering

Post by fightnjoe »

Phase two.

For this part of the process I went back through with some oils and also with an Acrylic pin wash to pic out specific spots. I did this after shooting a Flat Clear over the aircraft. I also dry brushed Flat Aluminium in areas that I had seen in photos were subject to wear and tear. I used several brushes from a fine point to a rather large soft brush.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The next stage will be the small detail work in the landing gear and such.



All comments,critiques, and criticism are encouraged.




Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
User avatar
ambientdan
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:29 am
Location: Brighton & Hove

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering

Post by ambientdan »

That's just awesome stuff
User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering

Post by fightnjoe »

Very kind. Many thanks.




Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
Safir
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Aalst Belgium
Belgium

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering

Post by Safir »

looks amazing.
Image
User avatar
demarcation
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm
Location: Denmark
Denmark

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering

Post by demarcation »

Fantastic work!!
:cheers2:

//Anders
kruno59
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bexleyheath - Kent - UK

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering

Post by kruno59 »

Wonderful mate
User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Weathering

Post by fightnjoe »

Many many thanks all.



Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Going Dark

Post by fightnjoe »

Well folks the time has come to make the decision.

I am going to submit this to a magazine. With that in mind this will be the last update until I am told no or it is in print.

Now the update...


Continuing with the weathering pastels were added to show exhaust staining. I also added some on the exhaust pipes. I added some black pastels to the wing roots to try to tone down the look.

Pictures..........

Image
Image

Thank you all for following along.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.



Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Going Dark

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Wow, she really looks like she has spent some time in battle
Good luck with the magazine submission...let us know what happens
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Richp1969
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:45 am
Location: Gettysburg, PA United States
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Going Dark

Post by Richp1969 »

Looks great mate. Top notch work. :th:

Sincerely,

Richard
on my bench(since I do not have a bench yet)
Moebius 1/72 Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper 95% complete.
Revell's 1/48 Me 262 A-1a 10% complete.
Happy & Safe modeling everyone. :cheers2:
User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Going Dark

Post by fightnjoe »

Many many thanks. Really appreciate you looking in.




Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
jep1210
New Recruit
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Going Dark

Post by jep1210 »

So wait, how did you paint the fuselage halves before putting the fuselage together? What about the seam, didn't you have to fill the seam? I'm only on page 5 so if you covered this I apologize.
User avatar
fightnjoe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B.. Going Dark

Post by fightnjoe »

No worries. Yes I did have a seam to fill, sand, and paint. It is covered as the build moves on. Many thanks for looking in.



Joe
Veterans,
Thank You For Your Sacrifices,
Never To Be Forgotten

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Pl83 ... CTyJX_xUYw
Post Reply

Return to “Prop Aircraft”