Page 2 of 5
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 pm
by Paul
Coen wrote:I tried to find a half decent kit of Clint Eastwood's Firefox Mig-31... Alas there isn't much to choose from, it's also a fake plane.

You gotta do a plane mate, would love to see you build one

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:00 pm
by T3hGuppy
Coen wrote:I tried to find a half decent kit of Clint Eastwood's Firefox Mig-31... Alas there isn't much to choose from, it's also a fake plane.

Id love to see you do a plane dude. As im only on my third since my return.
Want to see you take on things

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 pm
by BrummieModeller
OOOO this means I might get my big Vulcan out to play and build that baby
Nice subject!
Seen as this will be starting not long after I might have to pull of of the Sci-Fi SIG just might not have the time

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 pm
by McLeod
Coen wrote:I tried to find a half decent kit of Clint Eastwood's Firefox Mig-31... Alas there isn't much to choose from, it's also a fake plane.

There is a real Mig-31, the Foxhound, cold war era supersonic interceptor based on the Mig 25 Foxbat, could do that.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:14 am
by Coen

fraking awesome movie!!!
When I went looking Clint's I can across the real Mig-31... it doesn't have that same.... BOOM!!!
So a went for a really boring old Canadian fighter jet.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am
by Scruffy
OOOOHHH one of my favorite subjects

Depending on how things go I might try a subject from both sides, but will probably start with an old Hawk U-2.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:54 am
by Coen
Now that would be a cool idea.
Great thinking Scruffy!!
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:02 am
by russ2471
I may have a crack at this just to keep gav happy

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:10 am
by Coen
Oooo SWEET RUSS.... WOW!!!
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:14 pm
by DC87
This should be a good subject for the GB, also my specialty subject in real life so to speak.
Once all my other bench projects are finished

I plan to do 1/72 aircraft that served on HMS Ark Royal (the one before the previous one which was a true aircraft carrier) i.e Phantom, Buccaneer etc so this GB should be perfect for that.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:35 pm
by NovYank
Now the ball is in my court..mwuhahahaha. The Cold War time period is my jam.
On a serious note though, does the build have to be actually in use? I was thinking of doing an M60a2, never put into use, but it was one of those wonder weapons that would be better than anything the Ruskies could offer.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:57 am
by good2us1
Coen wrote:So I shopped around most of the afternoon and I've decided on a F-86F-30 CAF "Golden Hawks. You aircraft fellas are probably already familiar with the kit that I've ordered. It's a 1/32 by Kenetics.
I figure that it will be my official reintroduction into the aircraft world of scale modelling.
I built a F-86 back in the 70's so it will be a bit of a blast from the past.
F-86F CAF.jpg
Nice choice
I am currently working on a FJ-2 Fury which is known as "The Saltwater Sabre".
daryl
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:31 am
by good2us1
Lee wrote:Still not sure whether the next one will be 3 or 4 months, poll still running but, the next ISM Group Build will be.......
Hi Lee,
For me the longer the better, I am just returning to the hobby after about 20 years. I need all the help I can get.
Thanks,
daryl 
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:02 am
by Coen
good2us1 wrote:Coen wrote:So I shopped around most of the afternoon and I've decided on a F-86F-30 CAF "Golden Hawks. You aircraft fellas are probably already familiar with the kit that I've ordered. It's a 1/32 by Kenetics.
I figure that it will be my official reintroduction into the aircraft world of scale modelling.
I built a F-86 back in the 70's so it will be a bit of a blast from the past.
F-86F CAF.jpg
Nice choice
I am currently working on a FJ-2 Fury which is known as "The Saltwater Sabre".
daryl
Considering the fact that you live on an island, i think that the Salt Water Sabre is a wicked choice for any Hawiian. Haha. Cool.

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:39 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Oh dear i kinda lost the orientation here, too much group builds going on
This is definately a cool one, but first i need to get this whole affair sorted

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:37 pm
by Smudge
Hey guys, If i've done my basic research correct,

would i be right in thinking that the Centurion tank would be acceptable.
If so, which version would be the best kit guys?
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:01 am
by gosselin2112
Cool!! Cold War stuff!!! This will be fun

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:42 am
by NovYank
Smudge wrote:Hey guys, If i've done my basic research correct,

would i be right in thinking that the Centurion tank would be acceptable.
If so, which version would be the best kit guys?
For that specific vehicle, my good fellow, I recommend asking the forums Centurion expert Russ2471. I believe he served on one of them and has vast knowledge which far surpasses my own.
Plus he's nice and not too hard on the eyes.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:47 am
by Coen
Russ served in both a chieftain and a challenger, so yeah... he's our resident Brit Mod Arm expert haha.
As for hard on the eyes... It's the chiselled jaw and furrowed brow gets them every time.
haha
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:45 am
by good2us1
Coen wrote:good2us1 wrote:Coen wrote:So I shopped around most of the afternoon and I've decided on a F-86F-30 CAF "Golden Hawks. You aircraft fellas are probably already familiar with the kit that I've ordered. It's a 1/32 by Kenetics.
I figure that it will be my official reintroduction into the aircraft world of scale modelling.
I built a F-86 back in the 70's so it will be a bit of a blast from the past.
F-86F CAF.jpg
Nice choice
I am currently working on a FJ-2 Fury which is known as "The Saltwater Sabre".
daryl
Considering the fact that you live on an island, i think that the Salt Water Sabre is a wicked choice for any Hawiian. Haha. Cool.

Coen you're right, if I sit around too long my joints rust to!!!

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:30 am
by Coen
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 am
by Smudge
NovYank wrote:For that specific vehicle, my good fellow, I recommend asking the forums Centurion expert Russ2471. I believe he served on one of them and has vast knowledge which far surpasses my own.
Plus he's nice and not too hard on the eyes.
Coen wrote:Russ served in both a chieftain and a challenger, so yeah... he's our resident Brit Mod Arm expert haha.
As for hard on the eyes... It's the chiselled jaw and furrowed brow gets them every time. haha
Pmsl, loving it lads. The only thing chiselled about me is the one in my toolbox lol.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:50 pm
by russ2471
Ha ha ha guys i am soooo feelin the love your cracking me up
Smudge you can't go wrong with the afv club centurion, cracking detail and a choice of variants in the box, it was used in Korea and Vietnam and so makes an excellent subject for the group build
I've nearly finished my mk 5 with dozer attachment a nice clean build

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:17 pm
by Smudge
russ2471 wrote:Ha ha ha guys i am soooo feelin the love your cracking me up
Smudge you can't go wrong with the afv club centurion, cracking detail and a choice of variants in the box, it was used in Korea and Vietnam and so makes an excellent subject for the group build
I've nearly finished my mk 5 with dozer attachment a nice clean build

Hey Russ, thanks for your input matey, its much appreciated

.
I'm definitely gonna do the Centurion tank and after some more research i was thinking about building the following version

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm
by chief5437
T3hGuppy wrote:Eduard 1/48 Mig-21 SMT
Eduard 1/48 Mikoyan MiG-21MF
Hobby Boss 1/48 F-111D/E Aardvark
HobbyBoss 1/48 Yak-38U Forger B
Hobby Boss 1/48 Vought TA-7C Corsair II
Trumpeter 1/48 Douglas A-3D-2 Skywarrior
One of the above not sure which yet. (So any help would be welcome)
Not great on my cold war history but think these are all okay let me know if not.
Please don't do the MF! It's the only eastern bloc thing I've got! Lol
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 pm
by T3hGuppy
chief5437 wrote:T3hGuppy wrote:Eduard 1/48 Mig-21 SMT
Eduard 1/48 Mikoyan MiG-21MF
Hobby Boss 1/48 F-111D/E Aardvark
HobbyBoss 1/48 Yak-38U Forger B
Hobby Boss 1/48 Vought TA-7C Corsair II
Trumpeter 1/48 Douglas A-3D-2 Skywarrior
One of the above not sure which yet. (So any help would be welcome)
Not great on my cold war history but think these are all okay let me know if not.
Please don't do the MF! It's the only eastern bloc thing I've got! Lol
Lol no worries Chief I'm doing the F111 Aardvark.

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:17 pm
by chief5437
Phew! Cheers mate, I can't really afford to go buying more kits at the moment!
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:35 am
by bullgill67
this group build is just the excuse i was looking for to get me one of these
it's the trumpeter kit i have had my eyes on for a while now, the plan will be to build it in the russian livery
michael
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 am
by Paul
Nice Micheal, that's gonna be an interesting build

. 1/35 I take it?
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:12 am
by Coen
Awesome choice Dude.... NICE!!!

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 pm
by bullgill67
yea sorry 1/35 it is
michael
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:03 pm
by NovYank
So is the M60a2 a good candidate?
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 pm
by Daishi12
Think I will enter with the 1/72 Academy OV-10A Bronco as a straight OOB build.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:11 am
by Coen
That would be cool. Neat looking plane dude.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 am
by Daishi12
Always loved the original Airfix artwork,
but never got round to buying it

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:02 am
by Coen
Nice... the ugly duckling I think that I've heard it called once.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 pm
by dragonhunter1156
just wondering was Canada part of NATO at that point i know they are now
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:23 pm
by Coen
Canada has proudly (my opinion) been a member since the beginning... 1948 or 49... I can't remember for sure.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:31 pm
by dragonhunter1156
Coen wrote:
fraking awesome movie!!!
When I went looking Clint's I can across the real Mig-31... it doesn't have that same.... BOOM!!!
So a went for a really boring old Canadian fighter jet.
the saber is not boring it is the 65th anniversary of the golden hawks which i find awesome although it comes second to the mighty CF-105
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:32 pm
by dragonhunter1156
Coen wrote:Canada has proudly (my opinion) been a member since the beginning... 1948 or 49... I can't remember for sure.
if that the case i have a prefect model to build
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 pm
by spruecutter
I've got two potential candidates in the stash. A Tamiya M42 Duster in West German colours, or the Tamiya Chieftain that I might do in that weirdo blue block camouflage pictured earlier - if I'm feeling adventurous.
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm
by Coen
I was kidding about the Canadian sabre jet being boring Dragon, it's just boring when compared to say...
Clint Eastwood's FireFox
I chose the Gh Sabre because of the anniversary.
What are choosing?
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 pm
by dragonhunter1156
I am going to do my fav Cold War aircraft the Avro Arrow it is not very detailed so I can assemble it fast and then fiddle around with the masking and painting for the rest of the time allowed to build them in
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 pm
by Coen
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:05 am
by Gav0909
The new Airfix 1/48 Gloster Javelin is released later this month!
Oo, oo I might just have to do a small collection of iconic Cold War period British jets. Lightning, Jaguar, Tornado, Javelin, Buccaneer, Harrier. Ooo the possibilities!
Oo, Harrier in a wooded QRA position.....
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Gav0909 wrote:
Oo, Harrier in a wooded QRA position.....
I like this idea
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:38 pm
by customtk
Can I do This?
Thanks
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:45 pm
by Daishi12
I would say that you could do the Voodoo that you do, to do so well (sorry couldn't resist the awful pun

)
Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:52 pm
by Coen
You should feel shame Nick... much shame.

Re: Subject for next ISM Group Build....
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 pm
by UKscalemodeller
customtk wrote:
Can I do This?
Thanks
I remember doing a revel voodoo as a nipper, is it a new tool?