Page 2 of 2

Re: Anti aircraft diorama (bit of a long thread)

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm
by russ2471
Hi paul that looks amazing

Can I just ask you a question

When you say lighten and darken your base colour is it just a case of adding black or white to it because I'm sure I've read somewhere that it isn't as simple as that and you have to look at other colours to make your base colour change shade .

I hope that makes sense mate

Re: Anti aircraft diorama (bit of a long thread)

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 pm
by Paul
russ2471 wrote:Hi paul that looks amazing

Can I just ask you a question

When you say lighten and darken your base colour is it just a case of adding black or white to it because I'm sure I've read somewhere that it isn't as simple as that and you have to look at other colours to make your base colour change shade .

I hope that makes sense mate
Yes I simply add a touch of white or black to the mix, it doesn't need much though.

Re: Anti aircraft diorama (bit of a long thread)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 pm
by NovYank
Progress looks great so far!! I especially like all the details surrounding the searchlight, like the generator and the truck.

Re: Anti aircraft diorama (bit of a long thread)

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:48 pm
by Daishi12
I am stunned by the level of detail that you have gone to with this diorama. Looking forward to seeing the next installments. Keep up the good work :)