Page 2 of 2

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 am
by alextheblue
Some great progress there and she looks great with her blue paint on!! :th: :th:

Really enjoying following this build, but I get so into the videos etc that I always forget to leave a comment, so have some extra thumbs in appreciation! :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 am
by Coen
Thanks Alex,
No worries about the comments buddy.

I started decaling this morning... What a PITA.
Not only are they fiddly little things, but they're 30 years old and shatter unless I soak the hell out of them in cold water and loosen them from underneath with a blunted toothpick... 0% fun.
Ah well... It'll all be over soon. :th:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 am
by Paul
Coen wrote:Thanks Alex,
No worries about the comments buddy.

I started decaling this morning... What a PITA.
Not only are they fiddly little things, but they're 30 years old and shatter unless I soak the hell out of them in cold water and loosen them from underneath with a blunted toothpick... 0% fun.
Ah well... It'll all be over soon. :th:
That sounds like a right pain in the ass, hope there isn't too many of them :cheers2:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:06 pm
by Coen
About 40 or so... Nothing like your fulcrum or that f-16 block 50. Haha.
I best it takes as long to put them on though haha. I've already been at it for two hours and I've got about 12 on. :eeek: :crazy:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:26 pm
by Paul
Coen wrote:About 40 or so... Nothing like your fulcrum or that f-16 block 50. Haha.
I best it takes as long to put them on though haha. I've already been at it for two hours and I've got about 12 on. :eeek: :crazy:

Man thats harsh, 12 in 2 hours :eeek:

I wasnt going to decal the underneath of the mig as it has more underneath than on top, but its bugging me so i may just do them too :eeek:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 pm
by Coen
Do it... You know you wanna!, :banana:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:26 pm
by Paul
Coen wrote:Do it... You know you wanna!, :banana:

Yeah I going them boss lol

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:51 am
by Coen
More progress for those of you that haven't followed on youtube.
As of today I'm attempting to not destroy some 30 year old decals.
No easy thing.

Here are the other vids up to now from post shading to yesterday morning..

[youtube]tht112jRjpU[/youtube] [youtube]7rXWtviPd8k[/youtube]

This was still processing when I posted it, but I needed to get some shut eye.
So I posted it with the other two. Give it a while and it should be ready.

[youtube]ACLwaowauvQ[/youtube]

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:16 pm
by spruecutter
Ol Blue is looking good from the thumbnails - I need to catch up on these vids

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:11 am
by Coen
Thanks Pete.
She's sitting on my paint bench waiting for me to grow a pair and decal her birdcage around her cockpit. :bash:
haha.
Maybe tomorrow night.
Tonight I'm catching up on messages. :crazy:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:02 am
by kiwigav
I know how you feel about old decals, just finished a X wing fighter that I have had for 15years, the decals had yellowed and were going to be a nightmare. ended up painting most markings in the end.
I need to photograph it now and post.

looking forward to the reveal pics and vid

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 am
by Coen
I'll be looking forward to seeing that X-wing Gav. :clap:
I've been considering getting the FineMoulds X-wing for a while now.
They're a bit pricey though. I'd love to see yours.. it may inspire me. :D

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:33 am
by kiwigav
Will do Coen

just need to sort out my camera. I haven't been spending much time at the bench as we are coming into summer in New Zealand and there are too many good beaches to hit on the good days.

Hope to post a pic this week sometime

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:33 pm
by Coen
Lucky bugger... it's just the crap side of fall here and the weather is turning to BLAH most days.

Maybe pics of your X-wing will make me feel better hahah.

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:19 pm
by kiwigav
I can do that for ya.

Might have a look at that tonight.

Have you got any tutorial type vids on the horizon, as I am only getting back into builds and
want to be up with all latest tricks etc..

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:23 am
by Coen
Is there something specific that you were hoping to see Gav?
They're are Soooo many tricks and tips that I've been doing how-to's on a request basis or as part of the build that I happen to be filming. If there is something that you would like by all means let me know, I'll see to working out a vid or to finding one that I did the trick or tip that you're looking for. :th:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:55 am
by kiwigav
Hi ya Coen

Posted a couple of photos of X-Wing in SiFi Gallery

I know this sounds very basic but would be interested in how you plan your builds
i.e what to paint before assemble and whats best to build then paint, maybe at the begining of your next build describe your plan of attack. I know the instructions are the good guide but interested on how much you deviate etc.

Very basic I know but not sure if anyone has ever covered the whole approach before.

Hope that made sense Coen

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:15 am
by Coen
It makes perfect sense Gav.
I wish I had know this two days ago haha. I had the perfect subject for a vid on that.
It's construction is almost finished now and I'm processing the vids for it. Haha.

I can see what I can do for the next vid in that series though.
It's for the "Holy Toledo it's a Panzer II" SIG here on the forum, so I'll be posting the vids in a little while.
I'll post the vid for you maybe the next day. :th:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 am
by kiwigav
Cheers Coen

will take a look on that build.

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 am
by Coen
Ok Gav, I've just finished that vid for you, I'm processing it now then I'll upload it to youtube.
I'll embed it on my thread for the Pz II GB once it's done.
Should be sometime in the next 2 or 3 hours.

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:50 am
by wappynutter
That's me entertained and educated later too then... :th:
Your a good guy Mr Coen sir.....
Good luck with your Panzer mate.. :th:
:cheers2:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:58 am
by Coen
Thanks Andy!!! :th:

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 pm
by chief5437
And off to YouTube I go!

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:09 pm
by Nige201980
Been there seen it loved it

Re: OI Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:39 am
by Coen
Haha!!! Thanks Nigel. :lol:

Re: Monogram Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:17 am
by Coen
And the Decalling begins again.
I took a few shots of just how much of a difference there is between the stock decals and the AM decals that I found.

Pay no attention to the terrible canopy or the crappyness of the build. I'm not happy with this thing in the least, but it is what it is and I'll finish her just the same. Hopefully the diorama that I have planned will help hide the poor build.
haha.

So here she is with the stock decals only.

Image

Image

Image

And here she is with the aftermarket set applied. I've only got one side done so far.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Monogram Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:22 am
by Paul
Wow what a difference those decals make, look forward to seeing it come together buddy :th:

Re: Monogram Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:53 pm
by Nige201980
They look tonnes better mate what a difference.

Re: Monogram Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:36 pm
by longlance67
Looks great buddy,

really sharp looking :th:



Shane

Re: Monogram Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:18 pm
by Coen
The decals are finished now and I'm planing on sealing everything in prep for the wash.
Then I'll finish the dio.
Then done :D


[youtube]qltlx6hDlEo[/youtube]

Re: Monogram Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:14 pm
by kiwigav
Looking pretty sweet Coen :bow::

Re: Monogram Blue Thunder 1/32

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 am
by Coen
Thanks Gav!