OcCre BR 18 Bavarian Dream

If it doesn't fit in to any of the other categories
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: OcCre BR 18 Bavarian Dream

Post by Tomcat64 »

That really is a beautiful piece of work and fabulous to see the motion in action :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
Carleroo
New Recruit
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:55 pm
Canada

Re: OcCre BR 18 Bavarian Dream

Post by Carleroo »

Hi again. I followed your advice on how to drill the holes for the pins holding the tubes on the boiler. It worked perfectly, thanks!

I have another question: how did you make the holes for the railing that runs along the boiler (see my photo, attached). Did you use the same pins as you did for the other tubes? I only have 1 mm metal drill bits, which, I think would make the holes too large for the pins. Any advice?
Thanks!! Carl
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 10.59.00 AM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Quintillius
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:31 pm
Netherlands

Re: OcCre BR 18 Bavarian Dream

Post by Quintillius »

Yes, same pins. 1mm is fine. Recommended is 0,75mm, but I don't have such drills.
Just put all pins and the railing into place then add cyanoacrylate glue around, preferably using a toothpick for precision.
Then wait a minute or so, patience is key.
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: OcCre BR 18 Bavarian Dream

Post by Tomcat64 »

Carleroo wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:09 pm Hi again. I followed your advice on how to drill the holes for the pins holding the tubes on the boiler. It worked perfectly, thanks!

I have another question: how did you make the holes for the railing that runs along the boiler (see my photo, attached). Did you use the same pins as you did for the other tubes? I only have 1 mm metal drill bits, which, I think would make the holes too large for the pins. Any advice?
Thanks!! Carl
Hi Carl & :welcome: to the forum.

If you're going to post photos please be aware that you will need to host them on an external site such as Flickr and then link to them from the forum. Unfortunately the forum currently doesn't have sufficient capacity or bandwidth to host directly uploaded photos.

There is a quick guide on how to use the Flickr integration on the forum ---> here

If you have any questions then just ask :th:

Looking forward to seeing your work :cheers2:
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
Post Reply

Return to “Everything else”