Page 2 of 2
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:55 pm
by generalgrog
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:18 am
by NAMBiohazard
Damm......there is allot of parts on those pages.
How do you keep up???
Great build man, gonna look awesome

Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:46 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Agree on that!
Loads of steps on that manual
Wonderful work on those baskets
Keep it up!
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm
by robertw

Man do I wish I had the money (and the skill) to get this kit!
Can't wait to see how this build turns out!
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 pm
by generalgrog
ACKKK!!!...I'm in trouble thought I had until the 14th!! I was looking at the 14 in 2014....I only have 1 weekend and 7 days total.
Gonna be an unexpected sprint to the finish.
I have to get this beast painted this weekend....sigh.
GG
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:44 pm
by T3hGuppy
Great work dude.
Don't rush too much dude.

Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:16 am
by generalgrog
The build is complete..Just had to finish and mount the water cans, and the tools. I'll be spraying paint over the next few days.
The tracks are almost complete
I used the tape method to build the tracks.
Lay the tape down, sticky side up.
Then start laying the track links and building them up.
It went fairly quickly, not much clean up.
Got to run it's late.
GG
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:53 am
by Tiger131
that looks one cracking build and the tracks look the same on my T-90
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:08 pm
by Gav0909
Shame this kit is OOP now, as I really want the AFV Club Paladin for my own collection compared to the Tamiya/Italeri offering.
Looks good though, now go go go on the painting!

Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:43 pm
by schweinhund227
Gav0909 wrote:Shame this kit is OOP now, as I really want the AFV Club Paladin for my own collection compared to the Tamiya/Italeri offering.
Looks good though, now go go go on the painting!

Not sure where you got that info Gav. but
Lucky Model Hong Kong has 6 in stock at the time I posted this Message !
http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=AF%2035248
Grab one !
32 Quids that's a very good price !
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:24 am
by generalgrog
Allright guys..sad news...just will not be able to finish in time.
Bad miscalculation on timing for my part.
So I was able to at least the model and figs primed, so I got real close...
Parts ready for priming
Primed parts all boxed up to keep dust off..
Looking forward to finishing it over the next few weeks... hopefully.
So that puts me at 1 for 4 on group builds since I came back to the hobby last year.
Big lesson learned for me, is that I need to concentrate on one GB/SIG at a time, until I get faster at building, or I get easier less time consuming builds. Since I've only been back in for about 8 months, I am still learning what kits are easy and what aren't.
Got real close though!!
Looking forward to the nightfighter build where I can work on 1 model only.
GG
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:16 am
by Paul
Nice progress shame your not going to finish, look forward to seeing it complete once you get back to it

Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:20 pm
by Gav0909
Shame to not get done in time. But in the end there is no point rushing a model just to get finished by a certain date. Its your hobby and ultimately take it at your pace.
I look forward to seeing this get finished soon though!
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:42 pm
by alextheblue
Thats looking really nice with the primer on!
Sorry to hear you're not going to get it finished in time, but I've got to agree with Gav, there's no point in rushing it just to meet a deadline. We'll enjoy seeing the finished result just as much!!

Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:47 pm
by schweinhund227
It is a very demanding kit.... You have done some amazing work so far...
keep at it ... and we look forward to see it completed !
Take care !

Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 am
by T3hGuppy
Sorry to hear that you've run out of time on the SIG.
But will be following your build still carn't wait to see this finished.

Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:36 pm
by generalgrog
Allright I asked guppy to move this over, as I plan to complete the model fairly shortly.
Thanks!!
GG
Re: M109A6 Paladin by AFV Club in 1:35 scale
Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:48 am
by PaulAyrey
Wow, looks amazing, you've done a fantastic job building it, look forward to seeing more