What's hiding in your stash ?

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Lysus »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:I have a very cool F1 car kit coming soon...very stoked :banana: :banana: :banana:
And that Honda, right? Right? Doooo eeeet....
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Lysus »

Plukenstein wrote:
Lysus wrote:
Plukenstein wrote:
I know it was a great find!! The guy had started to clean up some parts but never built it and I'm pretty sure it's all there!! 10$ :whistle:
$10?! USD? AUSD? Either way, that's a freaking steal, man!
USD!! :cheers2:
Sweet... :cheers2:
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Matzen
Private
Private
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 2:29 pm
Location: Germany / Hannover

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Matzen »

Hi Mates,
can't let my hands off :whistle: .

Image

Greetings Matthias
Live and let live ...
Toporbroski
New Recruit
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:06 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Toporbroski »

Just received an A-10, Hurricane, B-29, FT-17, and Char B.1 all for free from a friend! So into the stash they go. (Unfortunately the B-29 is missing the left wing, so hopefully Revell has some spares available)

Image
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Maverik »

Nice stash mate
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by MarkVerploeg »

I would contact them if they have those parts availble
If not you could maje a forced perspective scene with it
If you use a background and make some clouds with cotton balls then you can hide the missing left wing and it could look like it is flying out of a cloud
Or a maintenance scene in a hangar or outside of a hangar
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Colinstelma
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Iwakuni, Japan
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Colinstelma »

My 10 year old daughter decided she needed to count daddy's stash last night, she came up with 74. Good thing she didn't know about the moving boxes on the top shelf in the garage. I tried to explain to her that my stash is relatively small but she didn't listen... I'm glad the wife missed that conversation, not sure how it'll go when she finally tells me to move over to Japan to join her and my other daughter. There might be a big sale coming on. :( u
Colin Stelma
On the bench: AMT/Ertl Snow Speeder, Tamiya F-117A( with extras), Bandai MG Zaku II, Wave Ma.K Polarbear.
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by digger303 »

Colinstelma wrote:My 10 year old daughter decided she needed to count daddy's stash last night, she came up with 74. Good thing she didn't know about the moving boxes on the top shelf in the garage. I tried to explain to her that my stash is relatively small but she didn't listen... I'm glad the wife missed that conversation, not sure how it'll go when she finally tells me to move over to Japan to join her and my other daughter. There might be a big sale coming on. :( u

sea container is the go when moving overseas
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Stefanovici
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm
Location: Romania, Iasi
Contact:
Romania

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Stefanovici »

InitialProduction1 wrote:
Stefanovici wrote:
InitialProduction1 wrote:here's what I have, I have a few more show them all later. like this site, :th:


Image
I'd have something to do for the next few years if I had a stash like yours! :wtf:
About my stash... Well, I don't have a stash. As long as I have a kit, I build it! I also can't really afford buying many kits... 1-2 per month.
What's funny, is in a Lot of my kits I have Photo etch, metal berral, and tracks for kits, just the tracks that are just unusable, "all of them" lol. and what you see is 20 years of marriage and two kids, that want to make me happy, go figure right. Some I collect, and put in my safe spot, favorite ones tigers, next pz III, put yes if your wondering, I do have a problem, :tongue: thanks for asking, hahaha. But cancer has slowed me down a lot now days. But good news is its almost gone, the VA had me on chemotherapy for nine months, anyway love modeling and modelers, true artist :clap:
Oops, quite a late response! (like 5 months lol) :lol:
Great to hear that cancer is almost gone, you will have the chance to get back into modelling if you haven't already! And you have quite a lot of kits to build, too! :th:
Have a good day, sir!
On the bench:
1/72 Airfix North American Harvard
1/72 Roden Sd.Kfz.234/3
My Portofolio: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 28#p188128
Regards, Ștefanovici
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Maverik »

Thats a lot of boxes :jd:
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by digger303 »

Maverik wrote:Thats a lot of boxes :jd:
needs more panthers and shermans :lol:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Maverik »

Added this to the stash this week

Image
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
gazmat
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: UK
Great Britain

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by gazmat »

Just put some pics up of my cave....so heres a few from the stash
Image

Bought this little lot last week for £10 from guy at work....Result i'd say.

Image

Image
That Dauntless is HUGE..

Image

And a few more tucked away at the back....
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by digger303 »

Lovely....whats he dora kit.?
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Avgas »

Nice haul for a tenner Gaz. I remember building that Hudson when I was a kid.
Regards, Dave.
gazmat
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: UK
Great Britain

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by gazmat »

Yes Digga, the Hobby Boss 1/72....a very imposing kit to be honest, was going to make it between others, but you know how it is...TIME!!!

Yes Dave, I thought the same, the brother in law of said friend, died recently, so had to clear his house....apparently, floor to ceiling full of kits, not much of a builder, more of a collector.....
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Avgas »

My Dad was like that with model railway engines. He never built a layout, just used to collect the engines. When he died and we put word out he had this collection a guy came round and offered me a thousand quid on the spot. I kept a few nice ones (don't know what for really, I haven't a layout either...) and flogged the rest.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Avgas »

Latest stash.

Image

Image
Regards, Dave.
gazmat
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: UK
Great Britain

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by gazmat »

Nice Dave...seems we have a common plane interest, same type of planes I'm interested in...need to get a P38 though, and Typhoon, lol. This is so addictive though....trying to work an average out, say two and half months average, what with the 1/32, have about 7 of those, built 2 already, they were about 3-4 months....and about 2 months for the 1/48.....so about 10 years worth of building at the moment for me....probably a good chance of buying more between now and then...lol.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Avgas »

I tend to knock out about ten to twelve a year so there's about three or four years worth there. Trouble is if I find a bargain it would be daft not to snap it up. The Trumpeter J7B was a tenner if I remember rightly. It was in a paper shop lying in a corner with a couple of other kits.
Regards, Dave.
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by surfsup »

These are some of my 1-350 Kits in my Stash.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Kevthemodeller »

surfsup wrote:These are some of my 1-350 Kits in my Stash.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I do like a a battleship, some greats there mate :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by surfsup »

Thanks Kev. I have almost finished my current Build so will look at it soon.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Avgas »

That's some stash Surf. I think it's the first sea stash I've seen.
Regards, Dave.
Bissyboat
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 pm
Location: Norway

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Bissyboat »

A great collection of boat kits. My favourite kind. :thumb2:
Where`s my dinghy?
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by surfsup »

Thanks for the comments Gents much appreciated.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
Augustus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:33 am

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Augustus »

Wow surfsup, that's a whole fleet!
chalkyw
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:49 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by chalkyw »

OMG :eeek: ......I've got the Prince of Wales plus the Pontos upgrade which looks like it will take me a while but that lot looks like a lifetimes work :th:
Former Newbie seeking knowledge :hi:
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Johnj »

Looking through this thread it seem's the vast majority of model's on here are aircraft. These might go a little way to help even thing's up for the car and bike guy's.
20160721_223036_zpsoudnxo2c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Johnj on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Some gorgeous models John......have you ever tried a brand called Tamiya???? :think: :D
All good stuff especially those big boy 1/12 kits
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Johnj »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:Some gorgeous models John......have you ever tried a brand called Tamiya????
Lol, yeah, i've heard good things about them.

the big stuff is a pleasure to work on but they just take up so much room when built.
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Johnj wrote:
Twokidsnosleep wrote:Some gorgeous models John......have you ever tried a brand called Tamiya????
Lol, yeah, i've heard good things about them.

the big stuff is a pleasure to work on but they just take up so much room when built.
Very true. As a kid I turned to Tamiya when I found their 1/20 F1 collections were light years ahead in detail, engineering and assembly compared to North American manufacturers. I always look to a Tamiya first, though am widening my horizons.

I have a few of the 1/8 kits from Pocher that already hog storage space unbuilt and will command a large display area when made.
:cheers2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Johnj »

1/8 is a big model and huge appeal to me. I'll check those out.
Cheer's scott
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Johnj »

Ah, scott. What have you done ! Look's like my daughter is going to go hungry for a bit !

A 1/4 scale one of these
20160702_172206_zpsdcd5wzja.jpg
I see it's not available till september, watch this space though :thumb1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Oh hey, sorry about that :tongue:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:Oh hey, sorry about that :tongue:
New Pocher is Ducattis and Lambos
Modern line was Ferraris and a Porsche
Old classics were Alfa Romeos, Rolls Royce and Bugattis
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
EvilCarrot
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by EvilCarrot »

This should cover most of it.

The indoor part:
Image

Image

Image

Moving on to the garage, last two were a bit harder to reach :p :

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Problem? What problem? It's not my fault that they take up more space than stamps... :mrgreen:
Sebastian
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Now that is a stash to be envious of :mrgreen:
Great variety in there, now time to build some!!!
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Avgas »

That's not a stash, that's a large model shop. :jd:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Lysus »

Was gonna say, you sure you're not a hobby store? :wtf: Awesome hoard. No one will ever find an Arkenstone in there.

Also, MG Kampfer....yum...
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
EvilCarrot
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by EvilCarrot »

Lysus wrote:Was gonna say, you sure you're not a hobby store?
No way, that would mean selling them, the horror! :o
Sebastian
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Lysus »

EvilCarrot wrote:
Lysus wrote:Was gonna say, you sure you're not a hobby store?
No way, that would mean selling them, the horror! :o
Almost as awful as building them ;)
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
EvilCarrot
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by EvilCarrot »

Nah, building them is not an issue, finishing them however... :oops:
Sebastian
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by digger303 »

Think we are gonna have to report you to the Hobby Commision..... abuse of kits.....imagine them having to share a cold old damp drafty garage with a CAR....DAMN IT... :lol: :lol:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Johnj »

I dont know if this question has been asked before but how does everybody do things ? Do you alway's have something on the go or several ? I only build one at a time and i dont start another untill it"s %100 finished. There's only usually a day or two between finishing one and starting another though.
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Lysus »

Johnj wrote:I dont know if this question has been asked before but how does everybody do things ? Do you alway's have something on the go or several ? I only build one at a time and i dont start another untill it"s %100 finished. There's only usually a day or two between finishing one and starting another though.
2-4 going on at once. That way if I hit a spot where I have to wait (or frankly just don't want to start a step) I can move on to another one and keep working. Time is limited for me :)

It also keeps the juices flowing sometimes. Enthusiasm for a kit can come and go in a heartbeat.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Johnj »

Lysus wrote:
Johnj wrote:I dont know if this question has been asked before but how does everybody do things ? Do you alway's have something on the go or several ? I only build one at a time and i dont start another untill it"s %100 finished. There's only usually a day or two between finishing one and starting another though.
2-4 going on at once. That way if I hit a spot where I have to wait (or frankly just don't want to start a step) I can move on to another one and keep working. Time is limited for me :)

Enthusiasm for a kit can come and go in a heartbeat.
Interesting, i do have a reasonable amount of time to spend but i'm really short on space. Do you loose enthusiasm if you dont see any of them coming along well enough ?
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by Lysus »

Johnj wrote:
Lysus wrote:
Johnj wrote:I dont know if this question has been asked before but how does everybody do things ? Do you alway's have something on the go or several ? I only build one at a time and i dont start another untill it"s %100 finished. There's only usually a day or two between finishing one and starting another though.
2-4 going on at once. That way if I hit a spot where I have to wait (or frankly just don't want to start a step) I can move on to another one and keep working. Time is limited for me :)

Enthusiasm for a kit can come and go in a heartbeat.
Interesting, i do have a reasonable amount of time to spend but i'm really short on space. Do you loose enthusiasm if you dont see any of them coming along well enough ?
There's no one reason why; sometimes it's before something I'm not looking forward to doing, or maybe the build has dragged on too long and I've lost interest, or maybe something is boring.

Sometimes I get fired up for another kit and interest in anything else dries up until it's done. ;)
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
EvilCarrot
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by EvilCarrot »

digger303 wrote:Think we are gonna have to report you to the Hobby Commision..... abuse of kits.....imagine them having to share a cold old damp drafty garage with a CAR....DAMN IT... :lol: :lol:
Actually my garage is surprisingly dry and the car sits outside most of the time. :nena:
Sebastian
User avatar
EvilCarrot
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: What's hiding in your stash ?

Post by EvilCarrot »

Lysus wrote:
Johnj wrote:
Lysus wrote:
2-4 going on at once. That way if I hit a spot where I have to wait (or frankly just don't want to start a step) I can move on to another one and keep working. Time is limited for me :)

Enthusiasm for a kit can come and go in a heartbeat.
Interesting, i do have a reasonable amount of time to spend but i'm really short on space. Do you loose enthusiasm if you dont see any of them coming along well enough ?
There's no one reason why; sometimes it's before something I'm not looking forward to doing, or maybe the build has dragged on too long and I've lost interest, or maybe something is boring.

Sometimes I get fired up for another kit and interest in anything else dries up until it's done. ;)
More or less the same for me. Being a perfectionist AND a master procrastinator doesn't help though. Sometimes a kit ends up on the shelf of doom because of a simple boo-boo, because I can't figure out how I want to continue or because the next step seems too daunting... :oops:
Sebastian
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”