Page 15 of 16

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 pm
by Quax
age spoiler....

I am not a number, I'm a free man!

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:43 pm
by Kevthemodeller
I'm a 'ready steady' :banana: :th:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pm
by bfrd
Quax wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 pm age spoiler....

I am not a number, I'm a free man!
You beat me to it! That is the very first thing I thought! The second thing was the drum intro! Now I want to listen to some Maiden!

Image


Apologies, if you were referring to the movie. I was going for the Iron Maiden song of the same name which uses samples from the movie.

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm
by bfrd
ignore me. I hit reply instead of edit...

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm
by Stokesy44
What happened to #8? Are we looking at a runway abort ahead of the mission starting?

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:14 pm
by Stokesy44
Fridgy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:25 pm Does the boss have a number???
He’s doing a General Melchitt on us. He’ll be right behind us, 35 miles behind us! :nena:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:14 pm
by Quax
bfrd wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm
bfrd wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pm
Quax wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 pm age spoiler....

I am not a number, I'm a free man!
You beat me to it! That is the very first thing I thought! The second thing was the drum intro! Now I want to listen to some Maiden!

Image


Apologies, if you were referring to the show. I was going for the Iron Maiden song of the same name which uses samples from the show.
"Move in to fire at the mainstream of bombers, let off a sharp burst and then turn away" :D

Paul

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:27 pm
by bfrd
Stokesy44 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm What happened to #8? Are we looking at a runway abort ahead of the mission starting?
Number 8 is my fault. I was #8 but asked for #42. I am a child, you see, and have a favorite number. This year in particular, since that number means something else to me...

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:39 pm
by Stokesy44
bfrd wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:27 pm
Stokesy44 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm What happened to #8? Are we looking at a runway abort ahead of the mission starting?
Number 8 is my fault. I was #8 but asked for #42. I am a child, you see, and have a favorite number. This year in particular, since that number means something else to me...
:lol: nothing wrong with that mate. If we were sane, or even normal, we wouldn’t be suiting up for bomber duty! :crazy:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:03 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
bfrd wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:14 pm Hopefully we will get one or two more before next Tuesday. Anyway, here is your squadron Admiral Scott!

#1 chops1sc
#2 Stokesy44
#3 DBMiller
#4 PrivePublic
#5 Tomc64
#6 demarcion
#7 DrSprue
<none>
#9 JonMW
#10 TommyKillander
#11 chief5437
#12 Quax
#13 MarkVerploeg
#14 Fridgy
#15 Mylightweight
#16 Tay99
#17 Gaz
#18 Digger
#42 bfrd
#20 pourquoi61
#21 BobM
#22 Cymru
#23 Sdkfz250
#24 Spook
#25 Willem
#26 IanG
#27 Ricrodrigues
#28 Maverick231
#29 1975GjaNja
#30 Les0012
#31 EricM
#32 T2bhoy
#33 validUsername
#34 kilgore456
#35 exmoor
#36 Garion77
#37 smokeriderdon
#38 iflytb20
#39 aurOra145
#40 DoubleDigit12
#41 Scargsy
#42 bfrd
#43 rodrant
#44 RossiM1
#45 Kevthemodeller
#46 Mthaus
#47 alextheblue
#48 SkyPater303
#49 CharlieB
#50 sheppseau
I hve a spreadsheet on my work computer with everyone, will check it again.
Nordus is #8
I nulled #19 and put my name there
Good lord , the numbers are for drawing prizes, it is not a Draconian society I am creating...... :think:
#50 is reserved for Sheppsea

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:07 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Quax wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 pm age spoiler....

I am not a number, I'm a free man!
Quiet #12 :whip: or we will have you flogged and chucked in the brig
You gave up you freedom and spare time when you signed on :50:
May 1st is the start

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:19 pm
by Tomcat64
One number 8 coming right up!
Image

Shame it wasn't a six we were missing really... sigh...

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:27 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Tomcat64 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:19 pm One number 8 coming right up!
Image

Shame it wasn't a six we were missing really... sigh...
She is cute, but I fully approve of the posting of #6 in that red dress :shock: :D :whistle:
I can see this is going to be a rather silly four month sig :P

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 pm
by chops1sc
Image

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:01 pm
by DBMiller
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:03 pm
bfrd wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:14 pm
I hve a spreadsheet on my work computer with everyone, will check it again. I nulled #8 and put my name there
Good lord , the numbers are for drawing prizes, it is not a Draconian society I am creating...... :think:
#50 is reserved for Sheppsea
It's not? What's the point of all these bombers then? I'm out! ;) ;)

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:03 pm
by DBMiller
chops1sc wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 pm Image
Wan is the loneliness number.

Sorry.

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:33 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Oh dear, what have I got myself into :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:42 pm
by Stokesy44
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:33 pm Oh dear, what have I got myself into :lol: :lol: :lol:
:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:58 pm
by aur0ra145
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:34 am
aur0ra145 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:28 am Does a TBM Avenger qualify? It has a bomb bay and according to wikipedia it could carry either a Torpedo or conventional bombs in the bay. Just looking for clarification. If not, I've got some other ideas brewing.
If it has bomb bay doors in her belly, she is good to go :thumb2:
And I see in this photo those three magic words every sig manager wants to hear.......Bomb Bay Doors
Image
Sweet! I have a really cool build idea then.

Also, anyone know where to get custom decals made? Looking for 1/48 scale.

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 am
by Tomcat64
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:27 pm
Tomcat64 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:19 pm One number 8 coming right up!
Image

Shame it wasn't a six we were missing really... sigh...
She is cute, but I fully approve of the posting of #6 in that red dress :shock: :D :whistle:
I can see this is going to be a rather silly four month sig :P
I don't even know if demarcation has got a red dress!!! :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Image

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:10 pm
by Stokesy44
Monty Python memes?

Looks like the posh boys are in the house! :crazy: ;) :D

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:57 pm
by DBMiller
Oh, you had to go there, didn't you?

Imagepython by Donald Miller, on Flickr

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:35 am
by MarkVerploeg
I was thinking about this sig a bit today
And i am allready in ,for quite a while even but the B-1B i am going to build is a modern plane and i have been building modern planes/jets all year so far
So with that in mind i was looking at the stash and decided that i wanted to something a bit older then a jet
Something that screams Blitzkrieg maybe
And for a change something out of the box instead of a pile of after market to replace half a kit (been doing that with my 3 last/current builds)
So i will still be building this kit
Image
20180127_104849 by Mark Verploeg - Flickr2BBcode LITE
But because i want to build something a bit easier and faster aswell i will also be building my back up plan for this build
Wich is this one
Image
20180122_153941 by Mark Verploeg - Flickr2BBcode LITE
Just because i also want to enjoy a less complicated kit without a lot of after market
And because a bomber like a B-1B is pretty well maintained it means less weathering
A HE-111 however saw a bit less tlc so i can do stuff like chipping ,maybe some rust ,soot and oil stains or streaks
Basicly a plane that has seen a bit of action and has some life to it
So i will be joining in with 2 builds for this one


Ps maybe it is also because swmbo got me the HE-111 kit for this build as a present and she wants to see it build :mrgreen:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Looks good Mark, nothing wrong with either build
Just a couple more days

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 am
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am Looks good Mark, nothing wrong with either build
Just a couple more days
yeah , but a Tuesday start is a bad omen don't ya think :cry:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 am
by Twokidsnosleep
digger303 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am Looks good Mark, nothing wrong with either build
Just a couple more days
yeah , but a Tuesday start is a bad omen don't ya think :cry:
Nope, I don’t at all

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:45 pm
by DBMiller
digger303 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am Looks good Mark, nothing wrong with either build
Just a couple more days
yeah , but a Tuesday start is a bad omen don't ya think :cry:
Why? Aside from having to go to the dentist and have my temporary crown replaced with a permanent one I'm off that day. Uh, well, at least there won't be any needles or drilling. Yea, Tuesday's great! :think:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:03 pm
by Stokesy44
Hey, I move house on Tuesday, its gonna be a great day! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:05 pm
by Stokesy44
Plus, if Mark's doing two builds does that mean he gets assigned 2 captain numbers? #I'mspecial :lol:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:53 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
DBMiller wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:45 pm
digger303 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am Looks good Mark, nothing wrong with either build
Just a couple more days
yeah , but a Tuesday start is a bad omen don't ya think :cry:
Why? Aside from having to go to the dentist and have my temporary crown replaced with a permanent one I'm off that day. Uh, well, at least there won't be any needles or drilling. Yea, Tuesday's great! :think:
Ya I have to go to the dentist on Tuesday as well
...and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday too :shock:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:54 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:05 pm Plus, if Mark's doing two builds does that mean he gets assigned 2 captain numbers? #I'mspecial :lol:
Go move your house ;)
You are supposed to be on the side of authority not mayhem
Hve a good move mate :thumb2:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 pm
by DBMiller
The thread is up! Ready for Tuesday!

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:55 pm
by Stokesy44
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:54 pm
Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:05 pm Plus, if Mark's doing two builds does that mean he gets assigned 2 captain numbers? #I'mspecial :lol:
Go move your house ;)
You are supposed to be on the side of authority not mayhem
Hve a good move mate :thumb2:
Know your history mate. Its the people in authority who cause the mayhem!!

Image

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:37 pm
by smokeriderdon
I broke down and got the resin cock pit stuff for the hustler. I paid 10 freaking dollars for this kit and have about 200 in after market crap. I really have something wrong with me. LOL

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:09 am
by smokeriderdon
It occurred to me right after I posted that that the B-58 does NOT have a bomb bay. Its solely a bomber, but no bomb bay. So in keeping with that rule, I need to switch over to my 1/72 Vulcan.

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:11 am
by MarkVerploeg
Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:05 pm Plus, if Mark's doing two builds does that mean he gets assigned 2 captain numbers? #I'mspecial :lol:
You bet i am
Well that is wat my mom told me :lol:
I think #13 and 13.5

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:12 am
by Twokidsnosleep
MarkVerploeg wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:11 am
Stokesy44 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:05 pm Plus, if Mark's doing two builds does that mean he gets assigned 2 captain numbers? #I'mspecial :lol:
You bet i am
Well that is wat my mom told me :lol:
I think #13 and 13.5
Your second number is 13 & 3/4...run at you computer full tilt and see where it takes you ;)

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:37 am
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 am
digger303 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am Looks good Mark, nothing wrong with either build
Just a couple more days
yeah , but a Tuesday start is a bad omen don't ya think :cry:
Nope, I don’t at all
well it gives me 2 more days to think I'd like to crack open that halftrack kit :o

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 am
by digger303
smokeriderdon wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:09 am It occurred to me right after I posted that that the B-58 does NOT have a bomb bay. Its solely a bomber, but no bomb bay. So in keeping with that rule, I need to switch over to my 1/72 Vulcan.

I saw that , but I was gonna keep quiet.....yeah unusual for me :shhh:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:24 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Paul is Setting up the site for us and we will be able to post threads soon and ready to go for Tuesday
I have done the intro bit with rules and regs, prizes and such
If you have not been given a captain’s number just fire me a pm....I read all 74 pages and tried to make sure I have not missed anyone.
I have 50 captains as listed by bfrd a couple pages ago
I am seriously looking forward to this starting up on MAY 1ST
:cheers2: EVERYONE

Image

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:13 am
by Tomcat64
Image

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:33 am
by Quax
Are we there yet Dad?

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:58 pm
by onemac
OK, at the expense of my other kits currently under construction (about 7 or 8 if I'm honest) I intend building this 1/72 Lancaster Mk.I/III Revell rebox by M&S :shock: Given to me by a good friend I'll build W4964 WS-J oob including decals. I'm in!!!!

Image20180430_104545_ISM_Bomber_SIG_2018_Lancaster_01 by Alan MacNeish, on Flickr

Al

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:03 pm
by chops1sc
At midnight, guys!

Image

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:32 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
onemac wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:58 pm OK, at the expense of my other kits currently under construction (about 7 or 8 if I'm honest) I intend building this 1/72 Lancaster Mk.I/III Revell rebox by M&S :shock: Given to me by a good friend I'll build W4964 WS-J oob including decals. I'm in!!!!

Image20180430_104545_ISM_Bomber_SIG_2018_Lancaster_01 by Alan MacNeish, on Flickr

Al
Welcome to Captain #51 onemac
Cool looking lanc :thumb2:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:21 am
by digger303
It's May and my enthusiasm is waning :o :shhh:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:57 am
by Twokidsnosleep
digger303 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:21 am It's May and my enthusiasm is waning :o :shhh:
Sounds like you need a bit of waxing :D
Get it, wax vs wane...ahh I crack me up.
Suck it up man, this is a four month mission!

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:36 am
by Skullfish
Reporting for duty! Have received my kit, surprisingly I didn't have anything suitable in the stash. Chalk me up on the board and I'll start the preparations.
Jase.
:hi:

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:41 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Skullfish wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:36 am Reporting for duty! Have received my kit, surprisingly I didn't have anything suitable in the stash. Chalk me up on the board and I'll start the preparations.
Jase.
:hi:
Ok, you are in for sure, great to see you here
Captain #52 is Skullfish

Build threads are here:
viewforum.php?f=661

Re: Bomber SIG 2018 sign up here!!!!!!!

Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 am
by Johno
Im a little late to the game, never done a group build and im just getting into modeling for the first time since i was a kid but im in lets give it a whirl Image