Page 1 of 1

Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:14 am
by Ozzie21
This shall be my contribution to the modern AFV build. The awesome Meng Panzer Haubitze 2000 SPG. As I'm still away on holidays the kit won't get started until next week.

Image

I also see that voyager do a PE set for it so there may be some additions to the kit.

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 am
by trekfanj
Man, this thing is a MONSTER!!! :jd: :jd:
I'm definitely going to keep up with this one! :th: :th:

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:34 am
by ForbesHutton
I did the revell kit and yes, this thing is HUGE!

When it they were sent to Afghanistan some anti-mortar armour plates were added to the roof, sadly Meng didn't model these. If the aftermarket gets around to making the add-on armour I may be tempted into trying the Meng kit with the plates, all in the desert camo used over there.

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:18 am
by justin86
I plan on building this kit as well for the SIG. Just waiting for the postman to deliver it. I have an idea for a diorama to, have to see how the build goes first.

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:45 am
by Ozzie21
justin86 wrote:I plan on building this kit as well for the SIG. Just waiting for the postman to deliver it. I have an idea for a diorama to, have to see how the build goes first.
Just to let you know, the box is full :eeek:

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 pm
by Gav0909
I have also built the Revell offering and have this kit on the way to me for comparison. I love SPGs in general, but this is probably the most beasting of them all!

To do one with the extra turret roof armour would be cool!

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:13 pm
by robertw
I've got this kid in the stash, Looking forward to this build

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:33 pm
by schweinhund227
is it just a shell (curb side) like the Revell ?

Looks beautiful ! I remember the Revell Alu barrel made a huge difference...
and the kit is as huge as a WWII Maus.

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm
by MarkVerploeg
I will be keeping an eye out for this build
I have that kit too and plan on using it for the Homeland gb
Wich version are you going for Charles ?
Good luck with the build of this massive vehicle

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:00 pm
by Gav0909
Norm, yes this kit builds very very similarly to the Revell one. To the point that I thought that Meng may have just recycled Revells molds. I think what they have done is based their molds on the Revell ones, as other than some new parts, the parts breakdown, and sprue breakdown is very similar to the Revell kit. This is odd as this came out after the awesome Bradley kit, so I assume Meng were just quickly filling a hole in the market.

This kit has no interior, although what would be cool is if Meng did a separate interior kit for it, as this with an interior would be the mother of all kits!

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm
by DBMiller
Nice! There is an excellent build up of the kit and profile of the real vehicle in the Sept/Oct 2014 issue of Meng AFV modeller. That's a great magazine!

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:54 pm
by schweinhund227
Thank you Gav.

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:39 am
by Ozzie21
MarkVerploeg wrote:I will be keeping an eye out for this build
I have that kit too and plan on using it for the Homeland gb
Wich version are you going for Charles ?
Good luck with the build of this massive vehicle
I haven't decided on what version to do as yet. I'll make a choice when I get back home.

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:29 pm
by Ozzie21
Sorry to disappoint people but this one is cancelled till a later date. I've decided to do something else.

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:48 pm
by MarkVerploeg
NNNNNOOOOOOOO :eeek:
Why the change of hart

Re: Meng Panzerhaubitze 2000

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:23 pm
by AlkaSeltzer
Ok going in another direction with something else can be cool as well :th: