Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post Reply
User avatar
EagleOnyx
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
United States of America

Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by EagleOnyx »

I knew most people were going to build Zeros for this group build so I of course have to come up with something different! There is nothing wrong with Zeros, BTW. I decided to build the ultimate secret weapon that the Japanese Air Self Defense Force finally revealed last summer after many years of development.

The F-15E Chihaya Kisaragi! The ultimate weapon!

Image
Aircraft on the Sortie list: (what I'm working on now)

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and building a Huge Glass Display case
User avatar
EagleOnyx
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
United States of America

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by EagleOnyx »

I'm just kidding! :nena:

I'm really going to do this F-15DJ Aggressor!
Image

:mrgreen:
Aircraft on the Sortie list: (what I'm working on now)

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and building a Huge Glass Display case
User avatar
Thumboy
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:05 am
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by Thumboy »

You got me! Nice looking aircraft, love the camo. I will be following for sure :pop:
Andrew

On the bench
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by Lee »

EagleOnyx wrote:I'm just kidding! :nena:

I'm really going to do this F-15DJ Aggressor!
Image

:mrgreen:

Ooh - I really want to get that kit - What's it like?
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
EagleOnyx
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
United States of America

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by EagleOnyx »

The kit is actually just like all of their 1/72 F-15's honestly. This particular kit only has standard looking F-15J decals and a small painting diagram. So you could really just buy any version and paint it this way. I only say that because I have seen some of the unusual Japanese paint scheme kits going for high prices. Those high priced kits might come with some actual specialized decals I guess.

The Paint diagram
Image

And the Decal Sheet
Image

It does come with these large blocks of gray decals, I think they want you to cut them into strips to place over the paint where the stencil data goes. The oddest thing about the Japanese F-15s is that they actually stencil EVERY removable panel with the panel ID number. They mask over the stencils when they do special paint schemes so you can see all these gray blocks through the special paint. I bet the special paint schemes are actually vinyl stickers over the whole jet. I can't confirm, its just my theory.
Aircraft on the Sortie list: (what I'm working on now)

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and building a Huge Glass Display case
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by Lee »

That's a lot of decals for a 1/72....... :crazy:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by DBMiller »

Too bad the paint scheme doesn't come as a decal as well! This should be a sweet looking plane!
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by Lee »

DBMiller wrote:Too bad the paint scheme doesn't come as a decal as well! This should be a sweet looking plane!
Where would the fun in that be? lol :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
JayCub
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Wicklow Ireland

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by JayCub »

That is one crazy looking paint scheme I would love to see done
Tom
User avatar
Goose
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 am
Location: Liège Belgium
Belgium

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by Goose »

Hello,

A guy in my club build this airplane in this camo scheme using tha tamiya 1/32nd as a base and used dxm decals if i remember well.

For all those grey lines etc he simply used his primer as base masked it and did all his others colours aroud.

Here's a link for eye candy

http://ansmodelisme.be/

enjoy your build

Goose
Bruno

Finished models:
Hawker Hurricane Hasegawa 1/72, P-47D Academy 1/72, Scimitar AFV 1/35, Me 109-E3-1/48 Airfix

on the bench:
F-15DJ Hasegawa-1/48 japanese Agressor 2010 scheme (long term project)
F-16 solo turkish Revel-1/72
User avatar
EagleOnyx
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
United States of America

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by EagleOnyx »

I have seen that build before! It was a while ago though so I forgot all about it! I doubt mine will turn out as excellent as his however. :jd:
Aircraft on the Sortie list: (what I'm working on now)

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and building a Huge Glass Display case
User avatar
EagleOnyx
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
United States of America

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by EagleOnyx »

I haven't started my build yet. lol
Aircraft on the Sortie list: (what I'm working on now)

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and building a Huge Glass Display case
User avatar
eightfooticeman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 581
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:39 am
Location: Woodbridge Virginia, USA
United States of America

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ

Post by eightfooticeman »

14 days left, where are you at with this build mate. We would love to see it finished.

:cheers2:
Jermaine
On The Bench:1/12 Tamiya Honda NSR 500 Kit 14099
Ideas: ?
On Hold:1/48 Revell F-15E
Post Reply

Return to “Builds”