Battle of Britain duo

Post Reply
das84
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:04 pm
Location: Northampton, UK
Great Britain

Battle of Britain duo

Post by das84 »

Just wanted to share some pics of my first two completed planes, I've been modelling on and off since I was about 10 but until now have never actually finished anything, decided last year that I would change that and actually complete at least one model. So my first build was the Airfix 1/48 bf109 following Pauls videos on youtube (I think building one of these must be an ISM rite of passage :lol: )

Next up was a Tamyia 1/48 Spitfire mk1, this caused me more headaches than it properly should have but they were all down to my own clumsiness rather than the kit, apart from the decals which just wouldn't sit right so had to be scraped off and replaced. If your wondering what happened to the radio mast it snapped off at some point during painting never to be seen again.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
LucasFromSweden
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Battle of Britain duo

Post by LucasFromSweden »

Cracking builds, mate!
That Bf 109 makes me want to buy a Airfix model again.....
SteveW
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Maldon, Essex
Great Britain

Re: Battle of Britain duo

Post by SteveW »

Great builds Das. I know what you mean about Pauls Me 109 video build. That was what got me going again. :th:
User avatar
AchtungPanzer
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Cracow PL

Re: Battle of Britain duo

Post by AchtungPanzer »

They looks very good . I like it ! :cheers2:
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”