Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1/48 M10 llc Achilles

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:16 pm
by Hanger2
I felt like a change and a different scale so I had a go at the Tamiya 1/48 M10 IIc Achilles which I had given to me some time ago. It also gave me a chance to use some stowage and tarps that the nice man, Steve, gave me at Value Gear Details.

The kit was the usual Tamiya offering, crisp mouldings and a super fit, no filler having to be used, but one gripp and that was daylight showing from turret to tracks, but solved that with some plasticard.

I also bought the Tamiya set of 1/48 British Infantry figures as this set has some tank crew included, and I do like a few figures with my vehicles as some of you know.

Now for the pics

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I now have to make up a couple more figures and make a simple base, this time, to mount it all on.

Geoff

Re: Tamiya 1/48 M10 llc Achilles

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:33 pm
by Panzermeister36
Awesome work Geoff! The stowage looks great - nice work actually tying it down rather than leaving it resting on there as 'magic stowage' :thumb2: Can't wait to see it with the figs in that beautiful interior :D

Re: Tamiya 1/48 M10 llc Achilles

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:59 pm
by Hanger2
Thanks PM36, I don't like seeing stowage not roped on, it's a bit of a fiddle but worth the effort, figures by the way will not be in the turret but having a break out of the vehicle.

Geoff

Re: Tamiya 1/48 M10 llc Achilles

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:40 pm
by chief5437
That's a beauty! Looks fantastic :th: :th: :th:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 M10 llc Achilles

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:03 pm
by Hanger2
Thanks a lot Chief

Geoff

Re: Tamiya 1/48 M10 llc Achilles

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:15 pm
by gustavlekstal
Amazed by the work. Stowage is almost better to tell a story then a figure. Well...stowage that is painted as well as this!

Re: Tamiya 1/48 M10 llc Achilles

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:06 pm
by Hanger2
Many thanks Gustav, when the stowage is as good as the Value Gear stuff it makes painting it a lot easier.

Geoff