Page 1 of 1
Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:45 pm
by ForbesHutton
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:04 pm
by rodrant
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:36 pm
by ForbesHutton
Thanks! I still can't paint that well so I rely on the little details to add interest and give the diorama depth.
As for the goat, "the goat", I may have started that by insisting that the otherwise wonderful desert diorama needed a goat in order to look fully middle eastern (it still needs a goat BTW). I even sent him a goat, that went onto another diorama (and elevated that one to a higher level), in the mean time I busted some balls over everything in between with "needs more goat!". The screaming goat, I suspect is aimed at me, as a "shut up, here's your goat!" defense. I think I got the last laugh two months ago in "The battle of the goats"....
Actually, I had the goat kicking around from a Masterbox set (with the goat and two cows) and the figure with the goat is from a Tamiya repair tools kit. I didn't want to use the figure working on a vehicle (it didn't make sense as all the vehicles in the dio would be new or well cared for (you can't have a general's car breakdown, that get's you sent right to the front)) and I wanted to put something in that area of the diorama. The figure and the goat were at the right height for each other and added a lot of visual interest and a different story line in a tiny bit of space.
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:59 am
by Riderville
Great Dio, love the details,even the goat. Great job.

Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:14 am
by timtamtung
That bold guy in the back seat with the lady. Mint!
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:18 pm
by Coen
I'm loving this Forbes, so many things to look at. It's all the tiny tidbits that you added that make things work. That's always what makes the best dioramas, the tiny details.
Love the goat too of course.
Nicely done buddy. Superb.
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 pm
by Hillbilly
Like Mike said,your attention to the small details is excellent

I also love the story being told

Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:16 pm
by ForbesHutton
Thanks guys.
The little details and little side stories are what keep the eyes moving around. If the eyes keeping moving the brain finds the subject interesting. If the diorama was that size and only had the 4 vehicles and a couple of figures it wouldn't be nearly as interesting, and for the amount of room it's taking up on the shelf it has to provide a good "interest per inch" in order to justify that space.
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:21 pm
by PaulAyrey
Well done, looks great, love the details you have put in!
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 am
by alextheblue
Thats a fantastic dio Forbes, so much of interest to look and very well composed! Love all the different elements and to top it all - there's a goat!!

Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:33 pm
by Russ72
So much detail to look into, and a pretty cool story. Brilliant work mate.

Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:40 pm
by Schoof
Looking great
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:10 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Lots and lots to see!
I love that, can't get enough of it
Well done!
Re: Tiger 100's "test drive" of the gun
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:18 pm
by wappynutter