Page 1 of 1
Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:07 am
by kiwi37
Here are some pics of my Tamiya Panther G with the start of it's paint job. Hopefully I haven't lost too much detail after chopping and changing it a lot lol. Looking forward to weathering and painting all the details etc. Have also done all the wheels and still need to weather them too.
The tracks supplied with this kit are the rubber type, and they are a bit rough. I have a Dragon Panther (6370 with steel road wheels) in my stash and was wondering if the magic tracks would fit the Tamiya kit? I will prob get some fruils for the Dragon kit so won't be needing them.
Hopefully I can get this finished soon so I can start knocking off some of my other unfinished models

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:11 am
by PaulAyrey
A nice paint job there. Look forward to your weathering!
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 am
by mick
great work, the magic tracks should fit
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:54 am
by Coen
That's beautiful camo work!!!
Well painted!
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:09 am
by mannloon
very tidy. i've had this kit 90% built on my shelf since last summer.
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Very nice

Keep it up mate

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:00 pm
by Nige1940
Looks great ! That camo really is super nice ,very clean job so far .
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:32 am
by gustavlekstal
Steal the magic!

great paintwork!
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:46 pm
by kiwi37
Thanks everyone for the kind words!
I have added some Archers Fine Transfers to it, and was wondering if these need any protection against some light weathering?
First will be a pin wash to bring out the details.
I don't want to give it an all over clear coat if I can help it, until I flat coat it at the end. I will be toning down the camo with either a filter of Tamiya Buff heavily diluted with Tamiya thinners, or using some of Mig's German three tone fading oil.
I'm fairly inexperienced in all this and some advice on whether this will work or not will be appreciated, thanks!

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:54 am
by gustavlekstal
I would clearcoat. Could get very messy.
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 am
by Nige1940
kiwi37 wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words!
I have added some Archers Fine Transfers to it, and was wondering if these need any protection against some light weathering?
First will be a pin wash to bring out the details.
I don't want to give it an all over clear coat if I can help it, until I flat coat it at the end. I will be toning down the camo with either a filter of Tamiya Buff heavily diluted with Tamiya thinners, or using some of Mig's German three tone fading oil.
I'm fairly inexperienced in all this and some advice on whether this will work or not will be appreciated, thanks!

I haven't ever had a problem with archer transfers reacting to weathering however, I always use white spirit for enamel washes so I don't know how they will react to Tamiya thinners as I'm not sure which ones you mean or what they are made of . Just to be safe give it a coat of satin varnish and it'll be all ready for your pin wash etc...
looking forward to seeing more .
Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panther G
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:41 pm
by Donkeywalloper
That is such a ace job on the camo mate.
Keep going as this is gonna be a great build.
John