Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post Reply
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Hello Guys,

I'm just entering this aircraft into the Air Gallery section of the forum, so for those who followed this build thread and final reveal, you've seen her before, but for anyone that didn't see these images, thanks for taking a look and/or commenting.


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Cheers :cheers2:

Martin :)
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
strawnobi
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by strawnobi »

Great work!! I've nearly bought this kit several times. I might have to give it a go next time. I really like the paint work on the ordinance. I hate doing ordinance. But, it pays off in the end.
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by shortCummins »

great tricolour camo' Martin :clap:

rgds
John (shortCummins)
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by UKguyInUSA »

strawnobi wrote:Great work!! I've nearly bought this kit several times. I might have to give it a go next time. I really like the paint work on the ordinance. I hate doing ordinance. But, it pays off in the end.
Thanks mate! You should get yourself...it's the best kit I've ever had the pleasure to build, out of the 16 that I have built since beginning modeling. The Engineering is superb, everything falls together without any need for filler. I love ordnance, the more the merrier...one of the reasons I was drawn to this kit, and, there are two large sprues full of ordnance for different layout options!

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin :)
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by UKguyInUSA »

shortCummins wrote:great tricolour camo' Martin :clap:

rgds
John (shortCummins)
Thanks, John, much appreciated! :) :thumb1:

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by Nige201980 »

Beautiful work Martin
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Nige201980 wrote:Beautiful work Martin
Thanks, Nige, much appreciated mate! :) :thumb1:
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
m0gb0y74
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: Dumfries, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by m0gb0y74 »

Awesome work :-)

I love Spads - especially when all bombed up
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by UKguyInUSA »

m0gb0y74 wrote:Awesome work :-)

I love Spads - especially when all bombed up

Thanks, Mog, much appreciated! I, too, love a well armed Spad! Or, any aircraft with tons of ordnance making them look mean and aggressive and ready to do what they were designed for doing! :) :thumb1:

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
peaceduringwar
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Delaware, United States
United States of America

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by peaceduringwar »

Very good Spad build, the exhaust stains on the sides looks very proper. :cheers2:
Chris
Image
Why must I have insufficient funds?

On the Bench:
1/72 Italeri B-25B
1/48 Tamiya A6M2-N
1/350 Dragon Ohio Class SSBN
1/700 Tamiya IJN Kinu
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by UKguyInUSA »

peaceduringwar wrote:Very good Spad build, the exhaust stains on the sides looks very proper. :cheers2:
Thanks, Chris, greatly appreciated! :) :thumb1:

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
badpirate
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:18 pm
Location: Newport News, Virginia
United States of America

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by badpirate »

Very nice bud. Love the weathering on this bird :thumb2:
Mike

On the bench, or in my case, the desk;
Hobbyboss 1/350 USS Greeneville
Tamiya 1/35 Russian Field Car GAZ67B
Trumpter 1/72 CH-47D Chinook
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by kpisnuts »

Fantastic, amazing build.
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Douglas A-1J Skyraider (My 15th Build)

Post by UKguyInUSA »

badpirate wrote:Very nice bud. Love the weathering on this bird :thumb2:
Thanks, Mike, much appreciated! :) :thumb1:

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”